Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
joec63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Ordered the sweet looking Forma Adventure from Atomic-Moto today. Good talking to you BP! Hopefully the sizing is correct, always a tricky proposition for me and I'll be sportin'em this weekend.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
cool1442
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
great service

OK..this is NOT a knock on Forma boots. I got a pair of Terrains from BP at Atomic Moto. They are fantastic in all ways. However I have the biggest calves in the Western Hemisphere and that area of most riding boots is way too tight. That is why I was wearing a 30 year old pair of Hi Points. I called BP and he made it easy to send them back and after a helpful talk, he suggested some oiled Balance.. results... awesome fit and happy boy here. I also bought two pair of Klim pants and some jerseys. Im sure the Formas wil work super for most of you. My message here... BP and his biz are super to do buisness with. Ive been jerked around by a lot of bigger companies. Its a true treat to find a guy that really cares about his customers.
cool1442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #18
Liza
Dirty Girl

Oddometer: 244
Any more info on the women's models? Or getting the Adventures or Cape Horn in smaller sizes?

Thanks

Field & Forest Recreation Area
Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Any more info on the women's models? Or getting the Adventures or Cape Horn in smaller sizes?

Thanks
Hello Liza.

There are several womens models, and some smaller sizes in regular models, that we do not list. What kind of bike do you have, what type of riding, and what size are you?

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
Liza
Dirty Girl

I just ordered a pair of Adventures from you guys for my husband...I'm looking for something akin to that. I ride a DR350 on the road/in the woods..no gnarly singletrack. I'm a women's size 8..Euro size 38 usually.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #21
Liza
Dirty Girl

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #22
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Liza,

I am trying to get some 39s or 38s pulled from Italy. I can get Terrain TX HPS in 39s, but Adventures are still a maybe...

Monday.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #23
Liza
Dirty Girl

Thanks for the effort. I'm contemplating sizing, especially since its a men's boot. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Liza, they are on their way here. Let us know if you want them.

Thanks,
BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #25
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 482
Forma Ice Flows

Brian,
boots arrived in 2 days!!! Being a "Sidi" nut for 20 years I was apprehensive...for naut! Awesome quality, comfort, goo gads etc...They are like your favorite pair of "Welly's" right out of the box! Schwing!

Thanks meng!...
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #26
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

New Model - Forma Predator MX Boot

Forma Predator Motocross Boots

For the last several months, we have been comparing several high-end MX boots, to find their strengths and weaknesses. One of the models we've been using is a new off road boot model from Forma called the Predator:

I make no secret of my admiration for the Italian boot companies; in an endless industry trend toward cost-cutting they are committed to good product above all. Forma is an emerging brand from that region, and the Predator is their attempt to compete with the establish players.

It is a little heavy, and a little bulky, but super protective and comfortable. Really like the ankle action, it is the best we have tried so far. The interior padding is also excellent, which contributes to their great fit.

By the way, we do our best to try and compare most all of them, back to back:

We are not pro MX flatbiller types, so we are admittedly not qualified to say how they are for 100' triples. But for offroad, enduro, DS, ADV, XC etc. use they are excellent.

Hope that helps.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 09-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #27
mikejohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,150
I need some advice, after 15 years it's time to replace my Sidi On Roads, they've been great boots but I like to try something different. What would y'all suggest, I want water proof, comfortable to walk around in.
mikejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #28
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejohn View Post
I need some advice, after 15 years it's time to replace my Sidi On Roads, they've been great boots but I like to try something different. What would y'all suggest, I want water proof, comfortable to walk around in.
Hello mikejohn.

Going off your profile, for riding a Tiger, and presuming mostly road use, I would start with this as a short list:

Gaerne Balance Oiled - super comfortable, well made, great looking, durable.

Sidi Canyon - Gore-Tex, Sidi quality, good, non-narrow fit, smaller profile.

Both these have some ADV styling and design cues, but in our opinion are slanted more toward road use and usability. They are very slightly stiffer than your onroads, but not significantly.

If you are looking for something with more structure - always a good idea - then I would look at these models:

Forma Adventure - About the perfect blend of comfort and protection.

Sidi Adventure Rain / Sidi Adventure Gore-tex - Excellent protection and build quality, unusual fit (narrow), and a little clunky to walk in. The Rain model uses synthetic leather, the Gore-Tex is all full grain, plus has the GTX membrane.

Alpinestars Toucan - In our opinion, the most advanced design in the category. Lots of plastic, outstanding protection, great walkability, slightly lower build quality (but still very good), and Gore-Tex.

Let me know if you have comments or questions, and I'll do my best.

Thanks,
BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 09-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #29
mikejohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Hello mikejohn.

Going off your profile, for riding a Tiger, and presuming mostly road use, I would start with this as a short list:

Gaerne Balance Oiled - super comfortable, well made, great looking, durable.

Sidi Canyon - Gore-Tex, Sidi quality, good, non-narrow fit, smaller profile.

Both these have some ADV styling and design cues, but in our opinion are slanted more toward road use and usability. They are very slightly stiffer than your onroads, but not significantly.

If you are looking for something with more structure - always a good idea - then I would look at these models:

Forma Adventure - About the perfect blend of comfort and protection.

Sidi Adventure Rain / Sidi Adventure Gore-tex - Excellent protection and build quality, unusual fit (narrow), and a little clunky to walk in. The Rain model uses synthetic leather, the Gore-Tex is all full grain, plus has the GTX membrane.

Alpinestars Toucan - In our opinion, the most advanced design in the category. Lots of plastic, outstanding protection, great walkability, slightly lower build quality (but still very good), and Gore-Tex.

Let me know if you have comments or questions, and I'll do my best.

Thanks,
BP
I should have added I have wide feet so narrow boots won't work. I have 3 tigers, one which I am going to convert for more dirt riding.
mikejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #30
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 866
Got the Adv Boots...extremely happy with boots & the Service from Atomic is top notch.

What are people using to protect the Leather & keep them Waterproof?
Cheers