ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Boulder Ed OP
Bin Ridin

Oddometer: 841
Toyhauler park-site advice

Hi Folks,
Boulder Ed here from CO. My wife and I recently sold our home in CO, and moved into our 24' box toy hauler for a spell TBD. We brought the R1200R, and R1200GSA along, but the poor WR450 remains in storage in CO till spring. We are in San Jose, CA and want to park in a RV park of some mello sort, within say 100 miles of the Silicon Valley so I can explore some employment possibilities while not freezing to death in the Sierras or Rockies (as in the past 12 years). Any ideas for safe, reasonably priced places perhaps on the coast or wherever that would be within striking distance of the valley? Been thinking of north of SF perhaps this time as I've never lived that direction. Would also be happy to pay or work for a spot on someones ranch if the needed hookups are there, as we came out of the mountains in CO and typical RV campgrounds are for sardines.

Any advice is much appreciated. Happy New Year to all.

"Terrorizing small animals on the road since 1971"
Boulder Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
wildwilly
Old Fart

Oddometer: 149
I've always stayed at the KOA in Petaluma whenever I've been visiting friends and relatives in Santa Clara and Napa. It's a bit pricey, but great security and very well-kept. And the convenience store is well stocked with beer.
wildwilly is offline   Reply With Quote