Oddometer: 725
Nice demo!

Thanks for that!
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #363
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
For the Rizoma's, do you need to buy the separate resistors or do they come with the signals? They look good.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #364
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbiker View Post
For the Rizoma's, do you need to buy the separate resistors or do they come with the signals? They look good.
Culled from the installation post:

"Each signal comes with 2 resistors and wiring diagrams for various setups."
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #365
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Culled from the installation post:

"Each signal comes with 2 resistors and wiring diagrams for various setups."

Their website said something different is why I asked.
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #366
JWalton
How do I wheelie?

Oddometer: 21
Resisters and Adapters

Quote:
Their website said something different is why I asked.
Each signal comes with 2 resistors in a nicely, cut-foam, packed box. My first product from them - but Rizoma look's top notch thus far.

Note: I bought the "adapters" for a Triumph with my original order. If you'r not afraid of cutting some wires (you shouldn't be) you don't need the adapters. Cut the ones off the OEM lamp and install them to the resisters with a suitable coupler. I did this with my rears & all is well. Heres a pic:

The setup on bottom shows the resistor connected to the adapter (purchased separately). The top setup has the resistor re-fitted with the factory male ends that I removed from the OEM signal. This saves you a we bit of room with less "bundled wire", and will save you the $24.00 that the adapters cost.

-JW
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #367
DropinParts
Ducatista

Oddometer: 92
Question Hand Guards. BarkBusters or Touratech?

I'm in need of better wind protection for my hands. The stock handguards just aren't doin it for me.
I've been looking at the Barkbusters Storm and the Touratech with the spoiler. Not interested in the Hippo Hands.

Have any of you gentlemen used either of these to give me some direction here?
They are about the same price, so I'm more concerned with functionality with regard to wind.

Also, does anyone make spoilers for the stock handguards? That would work for me too.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #368
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
I'm in need of better wind protection for my hands. The stock handguards just aren't doin it for me.
I've been looking at the Barkbusters Storm and the Touratech with the spoiler. Not interested in the Hippo Hands.

They are about the same price, so I'm more concerned with functionality with regard to wind.

Also, does anyone make spoilers for the stock handguards? That would work for me too.
I've been very happy with HDB guards. Better wind and crash resistance. ROX risers also required.

strider.deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #369
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Quote:
Best WIND protection will come from the Barkbusters with Storm shields.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #370
FuzzyDunlop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Best WIND protection will come from the Barkbusters with Storm shields.
+1 The Storm plastics provide excellent wind protection and are far better than the OEM. So much so that I have taken them off for the summer

Check out my blog and let me know what you think
FuzzyDunlop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #371
invicta1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Quote:

Your brush off of the Hippo Hands seems a bit premature. They add the requisite fashion bling otherwise missing from a machine clearly built for a utilitarian purpose. The Hippo Hands build upon the rugged good looks inherent in the Tiger and enhance it, especially if you're willing to go with one of their bold pastel color schemes. With your Hippo Hands installed, your hands will be toasty warm, that's important, but your heart will also glow and swell (also perhaps other parts) as your friends, colleagues, and even strangers observe the clear fashion sense you exhibit with your supperior farkling efforts, and the bold statements you are willing to make.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #372
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 904
Quote:

I have the Storms and like them. A friend of mine recently bought the "Moose molded foam handguards" for his DR650 and he like them. He put them over a pair of regular barkbusters. He also has Hippo Hands but said he uses these most of the time as they work well enough with his heated grips. I think he likes the look and ease of use with the Moose and said they go on and off very quick. These will be your cheapest option and will be the equivalent of adding spoilers to your stock ones. He bought them from Procycle here: (you have to scroll down to near the bottom of the page)

http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

OR here is a quicker to navigate link to a pic: (but shown on a four-wheeler)

http://www.amazon.com/Moose-Molded-P.../dp/B002TUJTSS

I don't even know why Triumph put those stock hand guards on there as they are useless even for wind the way they sag too low. I really like the ones the guy with the first reply has. They look well thought out with the folding mirror and all.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #373
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I really like the ones the guy with the first reply has. They look well thought out with the folding mirror and all.
Agreed, HDB makes some pretty awesome stuff. I'd have their guards on my KLX and TE, if only I hadn't already put on Cycra guards (as the HDB products did not exist at that time.)

However, I don't like the fact that on the Tiger, ROX risers are needed for the HDB guards. Why not? Because the ROX risers add a second point of rotation for the bars. I've seen multiple instances of bikes being dropped when equipped with ROX risers, and the bars tend to twist the risers much more easily than standard risers that only have one point of rotation. I think the ROX units are very nice for their adjustability, I just don't care for their durability.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #374
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Scottoiler's

Scottoiler's.....Worth it or not? Looking them over and seeing some reference but not sure if it would be a better addition or keep with the manual process of lubing the chain every several hundered miles with dry lube or chain wax.
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #375
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Scottoiler's.....Worth it or not? Looking them over and seeing some reference but not sure if it would be a better addition or keep with the manual process of lubing the chain every several hundered miles with dry lube or chain wax.
I've had a Scottoiler on my KLR for 10k+ miles, and it's been 75% hassle-free, once it was set up and adjusted. I still have to fill the reservoir every thousand miles or so, and occasionally the little dripper moves out of whack, but it works. I don't see super-long chain life with it, though.

I installed another one on my 885i Tiger, and it never stopped asking for attention. After a few thousand miles I gave up on it and went back to spray lube. I doubt I'll install one on my 800 Tiger. It only takes a few minutes to spritz some lube on the chain.