QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 AM   #11432
Red Devil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Another fucking hot day in paradise! Spent most of the afternoon in the shade with a beer messing about with my Postie. I'm no mechanic, but practice makes perfect. Cleaned and oiled the chain, fixed the sticky throttle by taking apart the assembly and cleaning out all the gunk and also changed the oil.. only 400ml came out, and it was black and thick as tar - would love to know the last time it was changed! Not a bad idea to get the hang of all things mechanical on a Postie, will help me out later on when I upgrade
Red Devil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #11433
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,553
Got to 43C here today, that's on the verandah, probably hotter in the sun!!
Nice southerly came up about 1800, but has dropped again, 24c @ moment on the verandah & heaps of lightning about everwhere
hoping no 'red steers' in the paddock tomorrow
biggest problem with dry storms, hope everyone is going OK where they are
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #11434
Beet
adventurer

Oddometer: 559
Arlo

I can rebuild motors, i can weld, i can ride the outback, bugger i can do lots but please help me run this computer and tell me the dates and places of Arlo Guthries concerts in Australia. Don't give me a site to look up or ill find you and do naughty things. Thanks in advance
Beet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #11435
GMess
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Looks like (US date style)
03-01-2013 Sydney Seymour Centre
03-02-2013 Brisbane The Judith Wright Centre
03-03-2013 Byron Bay Byron Community Centre
03-07-2013 Melbourne The National Theatre
03-08-2013 Port Fairy Port Fairy Folk Festival
03-09-2013 Port Fairy Port Fairy Folk Festival
03-10-2013 Port Fairy Port Fairy Folk Festival
03-12-2013 Adelaide Church of the Trinity
03-13-2013 Perth The Octogon Theatre
03-15-2013 Katoomba The Blue Mountains Music Festival
03-16-2013 Katoomba The Blue Mountains Music Festival
03-17-2013 Katoomba The Blue Mountains Music Festival
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #11436
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
click the link below

http://www.concertboom.com/arlo-guthrie/tour-dates/

cheers

qqq
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #11437
GMess
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Sorry, missed one. Southern Cross Club in Canberra on 28th February.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #11438
bbjay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Found these Mr Beet

bb

Arlo with
SARAH LEE GUTHRIE
AND JOHNNY IRION
TOUR DATES & LOCATIONS

bbjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #11439
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Jeez Beet, thought I was bad
Cheers
Baza
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #11440
bbjay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409

CHRISTINE TAYLOR PUBLICITY
& EVENTS MANAGEMENT

(p) +61 2 47825867 (m) 0416521587
ctaylorpublicity@bigpond.com

OZ TOUR 2013
Arlo Guthrie was born with a guitar in one hand and a harmonica in the other. He is the son of America's most beloved singer/writer/philosopher Woody Guthrie . Had he lived, Woody would have celebrated his 100th birthday in 2012.
Arlo grew up surrounded by musicians: Pete Seeger, Ronnie Gilbert, Fred Hellerman and Lee Hays (The Weavers), Leadbelly, Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee. He witnessed the transition from an earlier generation of ballad singers and blues-men, to a new era of singer-song writers such as Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Phil Ochs. He learned something from everyone and developed his own style, becoming a distinctive, expressive voice in a crowded community of singer-songwriters and political-social commentators.
Guthrie's career exploded in 1967 with the release of "Alice's Restaurant", whose title song premiered at the Newport Folk Festival and helped foster a new commitment among the '60s generation to social consciousness and activism. Arlo then went on to star in the 1969 Hollywood film version of "Alice's Restaurant".
With songs like "Alice's Restaurant", "Coming into Los Angeles" and the definitive rendition of Steve Goodman's "City of New Orleans", Guthrie was no one-hit-wonder. An artist of international stature, he has never had a 'hit' in the usual sense. He has preferred to walk to his own beat rather than march in step to the drum of popular culture.
Arlo is supported on his forthcoming tour by husband and wife duo, daughter Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion.

with
SARAH LEE GUTHRIE
AND JOHNNY IRION
TOUR DATES & LOCATIONS

SARAH LEE GUTHRIE AND JOHNNY IRION
A lot can happen in five years, and for the husband-and-wife duo Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion, the time between Exploration, their first album together in 2005, and Bright Examples (Ninth Street Opus Records, Feb. 22, 2011), their new, full-length collaborative project featuring producers Andy Cabic (lead singer/songwriter in the band Vetiver) and Thom Monahan (Devendra Banhart, Vetiver), has been one nonstop whirlwind of activity.
Not only has the couple toured extensively both as a duo and as part of the "Guthrie Family Rides Again" tour (with Sarah Lee's dad, Arlo Guthrie), they've also released the children's album Go Waggaloo (Smithsonian Folkways), a live DVD entitled Folk Song, a solo album by Johnny (Ex Tempore), parented their two young daughters and moved from South Carolina to the Berkshires in western Massachusetts, near where Sarah Lee was raised.
"We've been working really hard," confirms Guthrie. "We even built a house. We felt very creative in South Carolina but we're in a totally different space now. We had started another album together before we moved but it just wasn't right. This one is."
Bright Examples finds Guthrie and Irion taking their patented country-rock sound and tilting it in a direction Guthrie describes as "more atmospheric or psychedelic, sort of dreamy but colorful." Recorded at Dreamland Studios near Woodstock, N.Y., the album features a dozen original compositions, chosen from more than 50 they'd accumulated over the past five years. "It was really great to have that many songs," says Guthrie, "but at the same time, what do you do with the rest? They weren't any less good. We just picked the songs that we thought went together well."
Bright Examples was co-produced by Andy Cabic, the prime mover behind the San Francisco pastoral psych-rock band Vetiver, and Thom Monahan, who has worked with Vetiver as well as Devendra Banhart, the Pernice Brothers and Jayhawks vocalist Gary Louris, who just happened to have produced Exploration for Sarah Lee and Johnny. Members of Vetiver provide the instrumental accompaniment on Bright Examples as well as special guest artists including Louris (vocals), Mark Olson (The Jayhawks, vocals), Otto Houser (Vetiver, drums), Neal Casal (guitar), Kevin Barker and Charlie Rose (pedal steel, flat picking guitars), and Rad Lorkovic (piano).

www.risingsonrecords.com

General Tour Enquiries
can be made to
Richard James
on (02) 6686 9254
jammusic@nrg.com.au
bbjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #11441
Red Devil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hope things are going well Grey, sounds like a shitty circumstance - there are bush fires everywhere at the moment. Some idiot started one here on NYE by letting off fireworks in the scrub
Red Devil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #11442
sandgroper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,649
hawaii temp

on the big island, winter time its a bit cool
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Hilo+HI+96720
sandgroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #11443
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Hope things are going well Grey, sounds like a shitty circumstance - there are bush fires everywhere at the moment. Some idiot started one here on NYE by letting off fireworks in the scrub

That'll do it!, makes ya wonder about commonsense doesn't it, some dumb shits about the place,
Cheers
Baza
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #11444
PBee

Oddometer: 8,374

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #11445
rvt