In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #1847
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
Metal bark busters, TCI skidplate with engine guards, radiator guard, folding shift lever....

Am I ready to make my first real venture off road without worrying about trashing my new bike? The pics may look offroad....but its just broken pavement, dirt roads, gravel, etc...only played in the mud a little it and its quite different than what I am used to.

Dont give a shit about cosmetics. Just cant afford to trash my bike and render in unrideable

Im trying not to worry about hurting my bike, but I swear I cant get that feeling away that developed in my history of sportbikes "If it falls, kiss your bank account goodbye"

How durable are these bikes? Someone please, make my fear go away!

EDIT:

XMAS fun, cold day, short ride.

I crashed it at about 40km, and the bike survived fine, bit scratched up, bent the rear brake lever and the handle bars. The brake lever bent righ tback and I used the bent bars as an excuse to replace them with fatbars. They're pretty durable bikes.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #1848
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbrook View Post
I tried as well and it says This product was not found in our international database. Sounds like a no go for Canadian buyers
Are you close to the border? Might sweet talk some Yank into an order-handoff deal.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #1849
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Are you close to the border? Might sweet talk some Yank into an order-handoff deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Here's the link to the Canada site for the Eatson EXP bar kit. The price is CAD 47.20

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/20..._source=topnav

see above link

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #1850
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Here's the link to the Canada site for the Eatson EXP bar kit. The price is CAD 47.20

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/20..._source=topnav

Ya, thats the same URL I tried yesterday (shows Cdn pricing). It still shows the bars as not being available in their int. database.

I'll give them a call at lunch time.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #1851
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Anyone know what inner handgaurd mount to use with the Easton 1 3/8" bars. Only thing I can find is cycra triple clamp front mount is that only option?
EEKAMOUSE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #1852
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
Anyone know what inner handgaurd mount to use with the Easton 1 3/8" bars. Only thing I can find is cycra triple clamp front mount is that only option?
Good question. I guess I'll figure it out when the bars arrive. If someone does have an answer, please chime in.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #1853
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Good question. I guess I'll figure it out when the bars arrive. If someone does have an answer, please chime in.
Ramz used a cycra side triple clamp mount on his wrr I'm thinking the front triple clamp mount cycra pt# 1655-02 will work on crfl. Will deff make for a stout set up. Possible will need longer triple clamp hardware to mount them maybe ramz can chime in.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #1854
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
I'm making my own front mounts.

These are from Bell/Easton

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/ac...ries942867.htm
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #1855
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm making my own front mounts.

These are from Bell/Easton

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/ac...ries942867.htm
Those are perfect but I believe sadly unavailable almost anywhere think they were discontinued if ya have an active link to purchase somnewhere that would be freak thx.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #1856
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
Ya, thats the same URL I tried yesterday (shows Cdn pricing). It still shows the bars as not being available in their int. database.

I'll give them a call at lunch time.
Same deal, Called them last night and someone from their international shipping department was suppose to call back...They also said that international orders have to be done on-line....Hope you have better luck
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #1857
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Service Manual Out of Stock

I'm at the point where I need to check valve clearance, I called to order the service manual but Helm is out of stock. I've read through LostRider's post and did the research online, the process seems fairly straight forward. Those of you doing this service yourself, is there anything that the manual covers that you haven't seen posted?

Here's a decently instructive vid on youtube, it's for a CRF250R, but I would imagine it's fairly similar to the the 250L.
Code:
thanks!

Cory
callison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #1858
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 465
Just got off the phone with them. It's not a restriction in selling any of the pieces to Canada, apparently its just a problem with the web site itself. They told me to try it again in about 10 minutes (it's been like that since yesterday..) They also said because it's an International order it has to be done online.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #1859
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Has anyone tried the Folding Gear Shift Lever from Best Dual Sport Bikes, http://bestdualsportbikes.com/

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #1860
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Easton Bars

Found this in another thread, looks like it's regarding the 1 1/8 bars but most likely a similar outcome to the 1 3/8 as well (If not, more so):
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
I've checked out those Easton bars, they taper from 1 1/8" to 7/8" quicker than other bars, makes it hard to get a snug fit using other brands of bar clamps that use a longer taper.
I've used Bones clamps on a few of my scoots, work great with Cycra pro bends, but you have to bend the EE's to fit.
http://www.bikebonz.com/images/siteb...hgm/sm_hgm.htm

I found this info on Eastons site..
Q: Can I attach accessories to this bar just like other size bars?

A: Since Easton’s EXP bar center and clamps are 35mm and have a unique taper profile, many current hand guard clamps won’t yet attach as is. Just like many of you, several of us here ride with full hand guards, flag guards, stabilizers, trip computers etc… we are working to address accessory compatibility. Please check back here to our site at the end of January for updates regarding solutions for clamp-based accessories. Flags: To our knowledge, all popular models work with our bars. Full Hand Guards: After evaluating the current solutions available we can only recommend full hand guards that attach at the bar clamp or triple clamp. Several popular options of these solutions exist. Stabilizers: We’ve begun to work with all the popular stabilizer makers to ensure we’ll have several solutions available this year. Check here for updates on specifics or contact our customer service team to find out the latest on a favorite model you’re attempting to use. We’ll provide the latest recommendations. Trip computers: Two bolt clamp mounts and most bar clamps won’t fit our EXP system yet. We’re investigating solutions now, so again check in with us for the latest. For the enterprising among you please check out our technology overview pages.
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote