Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #5086
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_C View Post
I rode my Scrambler to Alabama Jacks today. Beautiful weather. Departed from Davie. US 27 to Krome , etc.
Alabama's was packed to the gills.
Sounds like a "Cruiser" post.
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #5087
Jim_C
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Oops, won't happen again. I'm too old and fragile for dirt.
Jim_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #5088
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,227
Quote:
LOL>.......too funny.....but play nice!!!!

my email tag line:
Some people ride to enjoy life, some ride to travel, and some people ride to bars.

Farkling of the DR650 is underway....mostly stuff really needed like a more comfortable seat, handlebar risers, skid plate, not so obstrusive turn signals, small rag for the back end and a tailbag.
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #5089
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
LOL>.......too funny.....but play nice!!!!

my email tag line:
Some people ride to enjoy life, some ride to travel, and some people ride to bars.

Farkling of the DR650 is underway....mostly stuff really needed like a more comfortable seat, handlebar risers, skid plate, not so obstrusive turn signals, small rag for the back end and a tailbag.

Seat Concepts for the seat. Just Gas Tanks in the vendors area offers an ADV discount and free shipping.

I got one for my XR650R and it's more comfy than the Corbin on my DRZ.

For risers & skid plate... I usually get my stuff @ Rocky Mountain ATV.

I got a set of these turn signals for my V-Strom and I'll be buying a set for my DRZ. The stalks are flexible, they don't stick out as far, and aren't as big as the stockers.

Check out manracks.com for a rack. He an inmate on ADV.

Happy farkling.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #5090
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Seat Concepts for the seat. Just Gas Tanks in the vendors area offers an ADV discount and free shipping.

I got one for my XR650R and it's more comfy than the Corbin on my DRZ.

For risers & skid plate... I usually get my stuff @ Rocky Mountain ATV.

I got a set of these turn signals for my V-Strom and I'll be buying a set for my DRZ. The stalks are flexible, they don't stick out as far, and aren't as big as the stockers.

Check out manracks.com for a rack. He an inmate on ADV.

Happy farkling.
Seat concepts on the way already. Along with skid plate, risers, slim line rear light and license plate light/holder, stash box to mount on license plate holder, Pat Walsh rack, moose racing tail bag, wrench and tire tool combo, carb kit, all from procycle. Comparable costs to other sides and was one stop shopping for pretty much everything I wanted for now.

used keintech for a tool tube and simple stand. Will probably use them for the IMS tank. They have the tank in colors and they have the DR decals to put on so the tank ain't so ugly. But don't need the tank right away, the DR is for short trips.

Looking at a madstad engineering windscreen also.

mounts for my zumo 550 on the way also.

yep.....a new money pit!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #5091
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,822
Quote:
You might want to consider my dualsport fairing if you are looking for more protection. Simple install and you get some awesome lighting! Shoot me a PM or email sandjoh@gmail.com. Heck I'll install it for free if you want to come up to CFL.

sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #5092
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
You might want to consider my dualsport fairing if you are looking for more protection. Simple install and you get some awesome lighting! Shoot me a PM or email sandjoh@gmail.com. Heck I'll install it for free if you want to come up to CFL.

+1

The lights are unbelievable at night!

Here's what it looks like on my XRR...

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #5093
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
email sent.......from my work addy.

A
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #5094
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer: 747
WOW! Andy, you don't waste any time getting the extras, do you? Should be a fun bike when you get it on or off the road!
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #5095
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
WOW! Andy, you don't waste any time getting the extras, do you? Should be a fun bike when you get it on or off the road!
Helps I got the bike cheap! Not doing expensive stuff like the suspension work for a while. Save up cash for that!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #5096
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,349
Quote:

Sure does but it sounds like fun.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #5097
sanpau
Love to Ride

Oddometer: 698
Anyone Riding Today Sunday 6th

Last day of freedom for awhile.....school starts back tomorrow....I am off for a ride I will check out the park to see if any familiar faces are there....

Let me know if anyone has some planned rides....Wanker Ride to Everglades City Jan 26th-27th......

You can also check out the DixieDualSport site.....

LMK
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #5098
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,115
I sure wouldn't mind meetin ya for a ride some day - I'm sure you're a great guy, excellent rider, masterful travel-mate and all, but the real reason is that I'd like to sit on a DR650 aftermarket seat, lol.

I once sat on what seemed a 1" lower (by special order) Corbin on a dealership's used DR650, but something was really, really off about it. It was as if someone used a new Corbon outside, but stuffed it with a cheaper foam inside. It was nothing like any Corbin I've ever seen, nor like the Corbin I own for my other bike.

Quote:
Seat concepts on the way already. Along with skid plate, risers, slim line rear light and license plate light/holder, stash box to mount on license plate holder, Pat Walsh rack, moose racing tail bag, wrench and tire tool combo, carb kit, all from procycle. Comparable costs to other sides and was one stop shopping for pretty much everything I wanted for now.

used keintech for a tool tube and simple stand. Will probably use them for the IMS tank. They have the tank in colors and they have the DR decals to put on so the tank ain't so ugly. But don't need the tank right away, the DR is for short trips.

mounts for my zumo 550 on the way also.

yep.....a new money pit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpau View Post
Last day of freedom for awhile.....school starts back tomorrow....I am off for a ride I will check out the park to see if any familiar faces are there....

Let me know if anyone has some planned rides....Wanker Ride to Everglades City Jan 26th-27th......

You can also check out the DixieDualSport site.....

LMK
Sorry San, but I'm working today. What a great day to be out riding though!
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #5099
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I sure wouldn't mind meetin ya for a ride some day - I'm sure you're a great guy, excellent rider, masterful travel-mate and all, but the real reason is that I'd like to sit on a DR650 aftermarket seat, lol.

I once sat on what seemed a 1" lower (by special order) Corbin on a dealership's used DR650, but something was really, really off about it. It was as if someone used a new Corbon outside, but stuffed it with a cheaper foam inside. It was nothing like any Corbin I've ever seen, nor like the Corbin I own for my other bike.

Sorry San, but I'm working today. What a great day to be out riding though!

working........me too! sucks since its so nice out. Would much rather be riding in the morning and then lounging around the pool in the afternoon!!!

no prob on the seat sitting......I went with the seat concepts because there is a bunch of good press about on here and the price was right.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #5100
mitch96
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
NooB in Hollyweird/Deadhorse adventure

Hi,
Need a little help. I have not ridden in the dirt for many years. Going to Prudhoe bay this June and I want to play in some gravel before the trip to get my skills up..

Anybody have a spot that would not piss off the locals??

Retiring in a few weeks (yes,I'm a geezer) and as the saying goes..... "They only wind the clock but once!!!" Gonna do it a little weird. We are going to go from Prudhoe bay THEN to key west. My long time riding buddy got turned back 2x on his attemps so he wants to make sure he gets to Prudhoe bay since getting to KW is easy living in Florida.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

mitch in Hollyweird..