Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #961
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,772
Half off coupon... Man I would put a hurtin in that deal!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #962
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 214
Modification to Existing Raffle Prize

After an interesting conversation with author Jack Riepe (http://jackriepe.blogspot.com/) this afternoon, Jack has chosen to donate FOUR copies of his highly acclaimed and recently released new book "Conversations With A Motorcycle"

This semi-autobiographical read is frickin' hilarious, but not for the faint of heart! Here's a sample of his writing:

I was straddling a 1995 BMW K75 fifty feet from where the Atlantic washes into Delaware Bay, in North Cape May. The day faded to gray and it was impossible to see the state of Delaware only 15 miles distant. The dunes, carefully preserved by a community that has its priorities right, are incredibly romantic. Just like my first sexual experience, I was there alone. But there is something about me that some women cannot resist. An elderly lady with a walker approached, fired off a flirtatious smile, and said, “Isn’t that cute. A man of your age riding a motorcycle.”

I respond by forcing a twinkle into my left eye and by smiling back. I am 58-years-old. I imagined what it would be like to watch a giant squid drag this old bitch into the water, wrapped in 50-foot-long tentacles. But there is never a giant squid around when you need one.

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #963
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConTeacher View Post
Glenn from Clearwater Lights (http://clearwaterlights.com/products2_pp.html) has donated a 50% off voucher for any one of their products!

Clearwater Lights are compact, easy to mount and simple to install. In order to maximize the full potential of HPLEDs, Clearwater uses advanced microprocessor controlled circuits to keep light output constant at a wide range of voltages. Because we use programmable circuits to control the power, we can even remotely adjust brightness!

bill big thanks again....

your linky not working. folks try this one....CLEAR WATER LIGHTS

i have been keeping an eye on this one, got a 15% voucher from RMAR, but I like 50% better....

me like krista...

i have a pair of LEDs on my 640e, and i swear that i won't be riding at night without them. all you PPs doing the long route may need additional lighting....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #964
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
An XPC seat modification worth up to $365 (standard build with full suede cover and XPC logo embroidery) donated by Jim Houle, owner of XPCRacing (www.xpcracing.com).

Using multiple densities of foam and performance cover materials we are able to create a custom seat that was designed for you - not for the masses. The ideal seat cover choice is Performance Suede, which is a natural suede material. This material allows your seat to breathe and gives you the right feeling and control while either standing or sitting. The seat covers also feature double stitch seams which lay flat against the seat so they do not rub on your legs.

Quote:
After an interesting conversation with author Jack Riepe (http://jackriepe.blogspot.com/) this afternoon, Jack has chosen to donate FOUR copies of his highly acclaimed and recently released new book "Conversations With A Motorcycle"

This semi-autobiographical read is frickin' hilarious, but not for the faint of heart! Here's a sample of his writing:

I was straddling a 1995 BMW K75 fifty feet from where the Atlantic washes into Delaware Bay, in North Cape May. The day faded to gray and it was impossible to see the state of Delaware only 15 miles distant. The dunes, carefully preserved by a community that has its priorities right, are incredibly romantic. Just like my first sexual experience, I was there alone. But there is something about me that some women cannot resist. An elderly lady with a walker approached, fired off a flirtatious smile, and said, “Isn’t that cute. A man of your age riding a motorcycle.”

I respond by forcing a twinkle into my left eye and by smiling back. I am 58-years-old. I imagined what it would be like to watch a giant squid drag this old bitch into the water, wrapped in 50-foot-long tentacles. But there is never a giant squid around when you need one.

damn.....when it rains it pours. bill you are the man...

please pass our appreciation to your contacts. folks participating in this event, please don't forget our sponsors.

the way it looks, each participant has a 33% chance bringing home something with him or her, this month we will be stepping up and solicit raffle prizes from vendors and manufacturers. your odd just keep on getting better.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #965
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:

If I don't win this book I will have to get a copy!

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #966
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS ON PAGE 1.

PLEASE FIND THE TIME TO READ WHAT IS POSTED!

REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S ENTHUSIASM IN PARTICIPATING ON THIS THREAD AND EVENTUALLY AT THE RALLY,

IT'S OVERWHELMING AND WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, VOLUNTEER IF YOU CAN.

THANK YOU.,

joel
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #967
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,518
Sorry for being a problem child but..................

The group I am camping with were only looking at doing dinner on Thursday (SOS) dinner and none of the others, your D1,2,3 codes don't give me that as a choice.

Sorry.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #968
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Payment sent

Can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS ON PAGE 1.

PLEASE FIND THE TIME TO READ WHAT IS POSTED!

REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S ENTHUSIASM IN PARTICIPATING ON THIS THREAD AND EVENTUALLY AT THE RALLY,

IT'S OVERWHELMING AND WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, VOLUNTEER IF YOU CAN.

THANK YOU.,

joel
headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #969
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 988
Should us waiting list folks pay up now on the understanding that we're tentative until the floodgates open on the 18th?
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #970
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandreno View Post
My son and I would like to participate if space becomes available. We would like to camp with Paul(campbp).
Jesse (jandreno)- TR3 - D3 - Triumph 800 xc
Chad - TR3 - D3 - Super Tenere
You are added to the waiting list Jesse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-nix View Post
Some of us take a bit longer figuring out how stuff works ...

Sign me up too - please

Dave (d-nix) - TR3 - D3 - xr400

Hopefully, it'll take this time.
Sure it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post

The group I am camping with were only looking at doing dinner on Thursday (SOS) dinner and none of the others, your D1,2,3 codes don't give me that as a choice.

Sorry.
Hey Bob,

I think D1 is for only Thursday night (SOS) dinner.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #971
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post

The group I am camping with are reprobates of the worst kind.... I recommend that you uninvite us.

Sorry.

Fixt.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #972
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

answers to couple of questions

1. D1 is for Sat night, if you want to do only Thurs fund raising dinner - just send any amount.
2. If you're coming earlier than Thursday, you book your site at PSR and pay only the prior days. For Thurs, Fri and Sat nights - do not pay PSR, paypal me instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
Should us waiting list folks pay up now on the understanding that we're tentative until the floodgates open on the 18th?
not yet, let's wait after the 18th. no flood gates, we will have those on the waiting list get their spots according to their position #.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #973
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Paid in full
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #974
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
not yet, let's wait after the 18th. no flood gates, we will have those on the waiting list get their spots according to their position #.
Copy that. I'll hold on to my cash and try to get in when the flood gates open.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #975
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,534
$$$$ Sent
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote