Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #106
roostar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubiak View Post
i think i would have gone for the 69 dollar one but i painted parts already! the flip down visor is nice but a little too light tinted and with the shield up too much wind on my eyes with the tinted visor.
I just wanted something simple. Fewer parts to get broke. I figure I can always wear sunglasses or goggles on the bright days.
roostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #107
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by roostar View Post
I just wanted something simple. Fewer parts to get broke. I figure I can always wear sunglasses or goggles on the bright days.
i was thinking the same thing about the more simple helmet for 69.00 but after i painted the 99 dollar one. i like the helmet but dont need the sun visor. oh well i guess its there if i need it like when i take off and forget my sunglasses lol!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM   #108
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by roostar View Post
I already had a DS helmet when I bought my Acerbis for the simple reason that as I ride in the woods and go in and out of shade, I wanted to be able to flip a sun visor up or down as needed, not stop and put on shades or take them off. SO, for me, it's a matter of convenience.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #109
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Oddometer: 470
Free Helmet!

From now until 1/30/2013, buy the BILT Explorer Adventure Jacket at regular price and get the BILT Explorer Adventure Pants, BILT Explorer Urban Rider Adventure Gloves, and the BILT Explorer Adventure Helmet free! Call 1-800-CYCLEGEAR (1-800-292-5343) to take advantage of this great deal!

Found this today at my local CG. I had a quick look at the jacket and pants but unfortunately they only carry the kids sizes... you know 34, 36, 38...

I am going to ask them to order my size to give it a try but honestly for $399 for helmet, pants, jacket, and gloves how can I go wrong?

I am still considering pulling the trigger on a Klim Badlands set buts that going to run close to $1800.

Anybody have any experience with the Adventure jacket?
13 Tiger 800
02 Guzzi V11 Tenni *T105*
Stromtrooper246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #110
G19Tony OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post
From now until 1/30/2013, buy the BILT Explorer Adventure Jacket at regular price and get the BILT Explorer Adventure Pants, BILT Explorer Urban Rider Adventure Gloves, and the BILT Explorer Adventure Helmet free! Call 1-800-CYCLEGEAR (1-800-292-5343) to take advantage of this great deal!

Found this today at my local CG. I had a quick look at the jacket and pants but unfortunately they only carry the kids sizes... you know 34, 36, 38...

I am going to ask them to order my size to give it a try but honestly for $399 for helmet, pants, jacket, and gloves how can I go wrong?

I am still considering pulling the trigger on a Klim Badlands set buts that going to run close to $1800.

Anybody have any experience with the Adventure jacket?
I'm waiting for the pants to show up. I already have the gloves. Even with the sale price I got, the pants and jacket was going to be over $350. I might as well do this current deal, and get a helmet and an extra pair of gloves.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #111
Licky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Love my Jacket

If I had not already bought my jacket i would get the package deal in a heart beat. the helmet was $100, the pants were $150 and i think the gloves were $50 (all on sale). comparitively, thats like giving $100 for the jacket at the package price.

The jacket does a good job keeping me warm in the mornign when it was about 30 and I just had a turtle neck shirt underneath. It was warmish on the way home so I could unzip the huge vents for a little flow without breaking them open completely. fits well and love everything about it. keep finding little things i like as i go. buy the package and be done.

I want to see if i can use the fleece liner from the another Bilt jacket (storm i think) in my ADV jacket. more cozy, more riding.....

so on the note of this Explorer Discovery... most dual sport helmets seem to be identical or similart cousins to another. I have fitting issues and was searching for a comparision. anyone know if this shell is like another?

Licky screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 08:57 AM
Licky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #112
uberaudi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I did this deal last week, except I went with the explorer air, it just has less pockets. The jacket is super warm with the liner, I only wear a tee shirt underneath on my 40 degree 15 minute ride to work, the pants are equally warm, only wear shorts under them, and I love the helmet, has less of a blind spot then my regular bilt, only complaint is that it needs a wind skirt in the chin. And the gloves are pretty comfortable, but only come in the one color scheme.

All this for $360! Too good of a deal to pass up!
uberaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #113
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 381
I picked up an Adventure Jacket just before Christmas so I missed the deal. But it was on sale and they took a trade as my one year old Bilt "Typhoon" jacket broke a snap on the cuff. So far it is a great jacket. Good fit and more pockets. It seems warmer also. I'm thinking about getting the adventure pants as well.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #114
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,148
are the pants too hot for summer riding?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #115
AZ Desert Dog
AZ Desert Dog

Oddometer: 57
Picked up my explorer helmet last night. It was the only XL in the store he also check other store stocks. (according to the sales guy) It was the only XL available in any store in the US. Got the white. The first non black helmet I have had in 25 years. It's growing on me. I looked at the cheaper discovery since they had it in my size AND color but it was definately more cheaply made and no internal sun visor. A feature I think is one of the best since decent ventilation. Fit on my noggin was execlent I take an XL mostly and it was one of the best fits I have had. I think the visor bump works pretty good in lieu of a tab. I will give it a test this weekend. theis NOT your tipical Bilt product from my initial once over.
AZ Desert Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #116
G19Tony OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I brought home the jacket, helmet and gloves tonight. The pants are still on the way. I went with the cheaper Discover helmet, as I already purchased the Explorer. Odd though, The medium Explorer fit great, whereas the medium Discover was too loose. I went with the small and it fit fine. So the sale price was $329.99. I went with the Explorer Air jacket and pants. It has a waterproof liner, that I think will be fine for around Vegas. Our cold weather season is relatively short. I'm pleased so far, with the quality. They could have added more velcro around the sleeves and pant legs for more adjustability. That's about the only nit I can pick for now. I'm sure I'll have more when I get to ride with it. Overall:

Good job, Bilt, and Cycle Gear.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #117
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,148
Are the pants heavy enough to keep from flapping in the wind? I've got a couple pair of pants (I think they're more over the boot MX pants) and they really flap/slap while cruising down the road. It's annoying and they easily melt on the exhaust.
How are the bilt pants?

Isn't $360 for the jacket a crazy price? I mean if you add up everything at there normal selling price, aren't you just getting the gloves for free?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #118
crazyapple92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Alright guys I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so I can't sit and read through the thread and find the answer that's probably already in here. Sorry about that.

Real quick, I'm needing winter gear in a bad way. I'm looking into a lot of things and ended up seeing the Bilt deal.

$400 for a winter jacket, pants, boots, gloves, and a pretty decent looking helmet seems like a heck of a steal to me. So I'm interested. I need everything but the helmet, but hey, a second helmet never hurts right?

So my question to the people who own some of this gear is this: Is it any good? Is it good quality, is it really warm (down to freezing and below), and is it worth it.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks guys.
crazyapple92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #119
G19Tony OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo View Post
Are the pants heavy enough to keep from flapping in the wind? I've got a couple pair of pants (I think they're more over the boot MX pants) and they really flap/slap while cruising down the road. It's annoying and they easily melt on the exhaust.
How are the bilt pants?

Isn't $360 for the jacket a crazy price? I mean if you add up everything at there normal selling price, aren't you just getting the gloves for free?
The total for everything I bought last night was. $789.96, before tax. I paid $337.48, before tax. A $452.48 savings, and I got an extra helmet and an extra pair of gloves. Pretty good deal, if you ask me. I haven't taken a ride with them yet, but based on what I tried on, I don't think the pants will flap much. This gear is pretty robust. It's worth a trip to CG to see for yourself.

G19Tony screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 01:25 PM
Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #120
crazyapple92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
The total for everything I bought last night was. $789.96, before tax. I paid $337.48, before tax. A $452.48 savings, and I got an extra helmet and extra pair of gloves. Pretty good deal, if you ask me. I haven't taken a ride with them yet, but based on what I tried on, I don't think the pants will flap much. This gear is pretty robust. It's worth a trip to CG to see for yourself.
Hmm, sounds good so far. I don't think I have a store anywhere close by. I'd have to order it and hope for the best. It's honestly more than I'm looking to spend but it seems like such a good deal that I'm considering it anyways.
crazyapple92 is offline   Reply With Quote