User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Get Lost Trailers OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailers

I've started several concepts of some unique pull behind motorcycle trailers in the last few years. A few of the designs that I have been tinkering with have made a few waves and turned a few heads when I pull them to my local motorcycle rallies.

I'm a passionate biker, and would love to break into the world of "serving the biker community." I can't do it by myself, so i have several questions that would mean a great deal to me if I could get some feedback on, here goes;

What makes a good pull behind motorcycle trailer?

Is it storage space?

Custom look/paint job?

Low wind resistance?

Price range?

What would your perfect trailer look like?
(points for creativity)

Thanks for you help with this, and if you would like to help me with a few more questions, or have any for me, I'll be here.
(I answer all emails myself with my best go at whatever questions you may have for me)
Get Lost Trailers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,048
Where are you located ?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
DiamondBack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Another question could be, "what would you pay for a trailer that fits your needs?"
DiamondBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Whosoever
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Lost Trailers View Post
I've started several concepts of some unique pull behind motorcycle trailers in the last few years. A few of the designs that I have been tinkering with have made a few waves and turned a few heads when I pull them to my local motorcycle rallies.

I'm a passionate biker, and would love to break into the world of "serving the biker community." I can't do it by myself, so i have several questions that would mean a great deal to me if I could get some feedback on, here goes;

What makes a good pull behind motorcycle trailer?

Is it storage space?

Custom look/paint job?

Low wind resistance?

Price range?

What would your perfect trailer look like?
(points for creativity)

Thanks for you help with this, and if you would like to help me with a few more questions, or have any for me, I'll be here.
(I answer all emails myself with my best go at whatever questions you may have for me)
I would suggest you put these questions on the "motocampers.com" forum...you will most definitely get a good response as there a lot of trailer pullers there.
Whosoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 3,669
You're gonna get a ton of different answers, I like streamline, but I've seen more beer keg types and a cheap trailer with a cargo carrier bolted to it. I''ve seen all wood, all fibreglass, diamond plate etc.

They cost from 250 bucks to 3k. You'll have a hard time getting a simple answer.

Good luck.

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
sealsam
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,704
I wanted 12" wheels, cooler basket and ind torsion suspension. Piggybacker offered all of it, and at a reasonable price. I've had mine 4 years and at the time PB did not offer a swivel hitch, but now they do. I have been happy with mine, now at about 20,000 miles on it. The folks in SC seem to really back the product. A rock cracked one of my fenders so I called PB for a replacement, and they sent me one - no charge. Good folks, fine product.

Hwy 28 in WY...

sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
Get Lost Trailers OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthg View Post
I wanted 12" wheels, cooler basket and ind torsion suspension. Piggybacker offered all of it, and at a reasonable price. I've had mine 4 years and at the time PB did not offer a swivel hitch, but now they do. I have been happy with mine, now at about 20,000 miles on it. The folks in SC seem to really back the product. A rock cracked one of my fenders so I called PB for a replacement, and they sent me one - no charge. Good folks, fine product.

Hwy 28 in WY...

Thanks for the feedback, it all helps. PB does make a good little trailer for the $, and hearing that they back up their product is always good, especially coming from someone other than someone at the biz.

I guess asking directly "what would you pay for a trailer that fits your needs?" is another strategy to consider.... any responses here in ADV world?

Thanks!
Karl S
Get Lost Trailers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
I think the ideal trailer would hold a Thai hooker, a few grams of blow and keep a case of beer cold.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,048
$650