Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #346
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
GEIGERRIG Support Here

Wow...

Looks like some issues with customer service support for one or two of you here. That's not good. Let's get those issues resolved.

Direct line to Bob Geiger:

bob@hubcityoutdoor.com 801-823-3336 x101

Direct line to Curt Geiger:

curt@hubcityoutdoor.com 801-823-3336 X100

Please send an e-mail to Bob and Curt.... Specify your need, and let's get it taken care of.

Growing pains here at GEIGERRIG. Operating system changes. New employees. Etc. Curt and I would like to get feedback about your experience and what you need. We'll then take action to resolve the matter. It is also helpful to us so that we can track to make sure we tighten up areas where tightening is needed.

Best Regards,

Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #347
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

WTF OVER -- Issue Resolved

Yo... WTF Over...

Bob Geiger here with GEIGERRIG. I think that we ultimately got your issue resolved. Please correct me if I am wrong. I personally went through all customer service issues that were pending or unresolved through the change of our operating system, and I think I remember this issue. My understanding is that we finally got the matter resolved after multiple communications via e-mail.

Sorry it took a moment. But I think we got you covered. Again... let me know if this is not the case:

Bob Geiger - bob@hubcityoutdoor.com - call 801-823-3336 X101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF Over View Post
Swing and a miss. I have no idea where they might have shipped the product... just that it was not to me.
No response to request for tracking info and no response to request to cancel order and refund the purchase price.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #348
WTF Over
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Bob and everyone else,
After a couple of false starts and a shipment sent to a strange address... yes, the issue was finally resolved.
The product is working to an acceptable level and when I had a problem with the push/pull shutoff valve on the insulated hose, Geigerrig sent a replacement.
WTF Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #349
MadM
Dreamer

Oddometer: 209
Well I have just read the whole thread and watched all the videos on it and on geigerrig.com I have to say that I am sold on this product. This will be my first hydration pack, I always used bottles as I didn't like the standard packs where you have to suck. But before I order my rig I need some info from you and Mr. Geiger:

1. I am looking at getting the rig 500 in citrus colour. Does it get dirty fast and is it easy to clean it and keep it shiny??
2. Dos the insulated tube keep the water cold in hot summer days, or is it even warmer since it is black, can you put a filter inline with it?
3. If I order it from geigerrig.com will it be sent from US or European distributor? I would like to avoid custom taxes.
4. Is the adv promo deal with filter still going?

Thanks and a happy new year to all!
MadM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #350
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Answer to your questions...

Hey there... Glad you came to like the GEIGERRIG. I hope you enjoy it, and we'll keep an eye out for you if you ever need any helps or service on your pack. Now... As to your questions:

1. I am looking at getting the rig 500 in citrus colour. Does it get dirty fast and is it easy to clean it and keep it shiny?? Well, my 12 year old, 10 year old, and 6 year old all of this pack. If my boys can dirty something up beyond posiblity, they will. So far we've been able to keep all 3 packs looking pretty squared away...even after 2 years of heavy use. The pack cleans up pretty darn good.

2. Dos the insulated tube keep the water cold in hot summer days, or is it even warmer since it is black, can you put a filter inline with it? The insulated tube will keep the water cold. Also, remember, you don't need to suck hot water out of the tube. It sprays out. So you can spray any warm water out of the tube...anywhere you wish...then start drinking when you get to the cold water. However...the insulated tube keeps things pretty cool.

3. If I order it from geigerrig.com will it be sent from US or European distributor? I would like to avoid custom taxes. It will be sent from the US. You can also specify that it be shipped US Postal Service as well if you like. We do have European distributors now though. So if you like, you can reach out to them. Their information is on our "contact us" page on www.geigerrig.com. You can also feel free to send me or Curt Geiger an e-mail at: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com or curt@hubcityoutdoor.com. We'd be happy to communicate any European distributor info.

4. Is the adv promo deal with filter still going? YES. This promo is only available for purchases at www.geigerrig.com. Promo code: GRFILTER. Promo code cell is toward the end of the check-out process. Keep an eye out for it during check out.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU TOO!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #351
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,200
A shameless Plug for these guy's ....Im in Australia and we put things to the test here ...I purchased a 1600 awhile ago ..and loved the pack ,i had a huge crash and broke my pack my own fault ....Bob and the team were right there to replace my pack free of charge and organized the Australian supplier to send me a new kit

So a few days later a whole new kit arrived the updated version with the better clips on the bladder ....i loved it again and used it often ..i went on a 14 day ride in the deserts and my pack started to tear on the last few days ..it held up fine and made it home no worries

I let Bob know of my issue and true to form they sent me a whole new pack again ...this time with the stronger pack as it seems i was not the only failure

I have since convinced my buddys to go with your packs and i cannot fault them in any way

The customer service is second to none ....i look forward to many more great times with the best hydration system there is

10/10 guys
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #352
MadM
Dreamer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEIGERRIG View Post
Hey there... Glad you came to like the GEIGERRIG. I hope you enjoy it, and we'll keep an eye out for you if you ever need any helps or service on your pack. Now... As to your questions:

1. I am looking at getting the rig 500 in citrus colour. Does it get dirty fast and is it easy to clean it and keep it shiny?? Well, my 12 year old, 10 year old, and 6 year old all of this pack. If my boys can dirty something up beyond posiblity, they will. So far we've been able to keep all 3 packs looking pretty squared away...even after 2 years of heavy use. The pack cleans up pretty darn good.

2. Dos the insulated tube keep the water cold in hot summer days, or is it even warmer since it is black, can you put a filter inline with it? The insulated tube will keep the water cold. Also, remember, you don't need to suck hot water out of the tube. It sprays out. So you can spray any warm water out of the tube...anywhere you wish...then start drinking when you get to the cold water. However...the insulated tube keeps things pretty cool.

3. If I order it from geigerrig.com will it be sent from US or European distributor? I would like to avoid custom taxes. It will be sent from the US. You can also specify that it be shipped US Postal Service as well if you like. We do have European distributors now though. So if you like, you can reach out to them. Their information is on our "contact us" page on www.geigerrig.com. You can also feel free to send me or Curt Geiger an e-mail at: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com or curt@hubcityoutdoor.com. We'd be happy to communicate any European distributor info.

4. Is the adv promo deal with filter still going? YES. This promo is only available for purchases at www.geigerrig.com. Promo code: GRFILTER. Promo code cell is toward the end of the check-out process. Keep an eye out for it during check out.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU TOO!
Thanks you for a very fast reply, I will order my pack from UK dealer (alloutdoor.co.uk) as it is almost 60$ cheaper due to the high custom taxes and higher postage if I get it from your official site, and the left over money I can safely spend on the filter and insulated tube when I will need them.

Will post some pictures when I get it!

Thanks again!

P.S.: One more thing, what are the dimensions of this pack? Mostly interested in its width, as I will be using it for college and would like to know if I can fit my laptop and a notebook in it.

MadM screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 07:40 AM Reason: new question :)
MadM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #353
Smithers
Arilia Rider

Oddometer: 8
Geigerrig In The Mudd

Hey guys I'm just posting real quick to show a RRig getting put to the test. I've been using my 1600 a lot in the last year. Duties include:
  • carrying h2o #1
  • keeping things dry
  • protects my back when I go flying off my dirt bikes
  • carrying tools and rags
  • food
  • cameras
  • cleaning wounds with water spray! for real
Here is a quick video showing me doing a flip down some rock steps wearing the 1600.

The pack works great and I have never had any problems with any straps breaking or anything like that surprisingly. It takes a good beating and it washes off pretty fast with a high pressure hose. I did get a flesh wound once and scraped up another time while wearing the Geigerrig and let me tell you - when your in that kind of pain being able to clean out your wounds with fresh water is the BEST thing in the world at that point. It would have been a long time before I got back to camp to start cleaning my skin so being able to operate on myself out on the trail really really was great.

I rode all day in the rain a couple times and slid around in the mud helping other up and down some mountains. The 1600 kept my tools, wallet and camera completely dry. Worth every penny. And next time we go out in the rain I'm going to keep a fresh pair of gloves inside to change out halfway through the day to really make my friends hate me.

Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #354
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
First off - I bought a Rig 700 Ballistic and I love it so far. It just oozes quality. Fit and finish are great. It is better made than any of my previous hydro packs. I have no real complaints at all and I can't wait to try it out. I plan to use it on hiking trips and on biking trips. This is going to be a good summer.

I bought the insulated drinking tube hoping to avoid or reduce that blast of hot water that normally builds up in the exposed tubing while out riding in the desert on a hot day.

http://www.geigerrig.com/hydration-p...rink-tube.html

But what showed up in the mail looks nothing like any of the pictures that I have found anywhere online. The tube that I ended up with has the normal twist on/off bite valve and the cap cover is different from the insulated drink tube shown on your website (the bite valve in all of the pictures that I can find are only push on/off and NOT the twist setup). And the hose itself is a thicker rubber material than the normal hose but this one is completely black. There is no soft cover like what you see in the pictures. The hose is labeled "Hydrapak" just like the original hose. It came in official Geigerrig packaging and has the correct part numbers (G3 011 BK).

Did you guys come out with a new insulated hose? I like it, but it was just not what I was expecting to get.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #355
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Did you sign up for the free filter deal?if so,maybe thats what you got,it is shipped in a seperate order.
dirtyoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #356
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
I purchased a 1200 Camo and two extra bladders way back when this thread first appeared. I've been pretty happy with the products. Now that the 1600 Tactical is coming out I will probably grab one of those as well. Bob, any idea when the 1600TAC CY will be shipping? I'm also interested in the virus filter as well but have two in-line crypto filters to be used (both from the ADV deal - thanks for that) before I purchase the virus filter.

Cheers,
Robert
Old 04-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #357
arch3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Klim badlands Pro fit

I just picked up a Klim Badlands Pro which has a back pocket for a hydration bladder. Any body know if the pressurized bladder will fit or will the inflation aspect of the bladder be problematic.
arch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #358
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch3 View Post
I just picked up a Klim Badlands Pro which has a back pocket for a hydration bladder. Any body know if the pressurized bladder will fit or will the inflation aspect of the bladder be problematic.

Will fit in any pack- you pressurize after the bladder is in, based on need (i.e., you might have to pressurize it just a bit if there is not much space).

Ko

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #359
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,107
Almost 2 years update

Well, it looks like this was it for my reservoir- strangely, because I would've expected the water bladder to go first, but it's the blue part of the reservoir that's losing air. It bubbles quite nicely in several spots once inflated.

In addition, the release from the drinking tube doesn't want to come off easily, sometimes at all, from the reservoir. Annoying as hell when I try to pull it out and comes out with the valve- hence water splashing all over (smartened up after couple accidents and keep it upside down when removing the drinking tube to prevent that). Only once it came out on its own while riding, not a big deal cause it was almost empty.

Will see how the lifetime warranty works, I like the system and would like to keep on using this product.

Ko

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #360
polson
2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer: 242
I thought I would chime in on my purchase from geigerrig. It arrived quickly with all items except the filter. I shot an e-mail regarding this matter and they responded immediately with a tracking number. I received the filter within days.

I was very impressed with the overall experience and even happier with the product.

Yes, I would order from them again.

Hope this helps those who are considering this product.

Oh yeah! 2 wheels!
polson is offline   Reply With Quote