ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
bigbadandugly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Secret thread only for Roaming Rally particpants

A few of us have expressed an interest in buying some Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags. I decided to inquire with a few vendors to see if they could do a volume price and got some positive response (still waiting for a couple). The pricing I'm getting is much more advantageous for Canadians than Americans due to the differences in street prices in the two countries.

Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags

The bags are available in black or yellow. You also have to choose the mount type: Wolfman racks, "other" racks (see description of what racks they fit), or throw over the top (I think the Wolfman rack and over-the-top bags are the same).

If you have existing racks that you want to use with your Wolfman's, you will need the D-ring fitment kit. It will be $15 $10 extra. If you look at the pictures in following link, you can see the dude using the D-ring fitment kit with a SW-Motech rack system.

Following link with D-ring fitment kit

If you want to buy the Wolfman racks, check your fitment with the list on the Wolfman luggage rack page. the prices for the racks aren't set yet but will be approximately 15% 17.5% off the list price on the above page. Please PM your bike year and model fr an exact quote. Add HST if you're Canadian and approximately $10 shipping if you're in the US (or want it shipped within Canada).

Pricing
Canadians: The pricing below is all-in, assuming the bags are picked up in Ottawa. If you require the bags to be shipped elsewhere, that cost is additional (however I can ship on a commercial shipping account that gets 33-40% discounts on UPS rates).

Americans: I can probably ship CONUS about $10 to $15 less than the prices quoted below. But that's just a guess because I don't have the exact dimensions just yet. Again, the pricing isn't as beneficial to Americans as it is to Canadians, but you should still be able to save a few bucks.

The quoted price will be about $215 USD or $220 CAD (extra $5 to cover FX). The D-ring fitment kit, for use with non-Wolfman racks, is another $15 $10. Please note that the best pricing I could find in Canada for bags for Wolfman mounts is at DSP where they run $231 plus $30 in HST plus shipping (~$15). So the savings is about $60 $65 for Canadians.

These bags are priced on the margin, meaning there is little room to absorb credit card fees, PayPal fees, or FX costs. The deal with the vendor is that he is to be paid in advance. There's about $2 per set build in to cover my costs, but otherwise there is nothing in this for me other than the same discount everyone is getting.

If you're interested in participating in this offer, please PM with your e-mail address and I will send you an order form which you can fill out and send back to me with the money.

BigBadandUgly

bigbadandugly screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 07:58 PM Reason: Amending pricing and discounts
bigbadandugly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
canridertj
CANRIDER

Oddometer: 156
Puke shhhhhhhh!

I'll take a set of blacks..but you already know that...better get me the d-rings too.....

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man
canridertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
BirdBrennan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Wink Gear

I am interested in getting wolf bags.
Keep me in the loop pls.
Brennanathome@gmail.com
BirdBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
KTMADV
Hammer Down

Oddometer: 167
You can get the bags on ebay for $219 with free shipping in the US
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
bigbadandugly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMADV View Post
You can get the bags on ebay for $219 with free shipping in the US
What's your point? I'm providing them for $200-205 including shipping within the US. Are you saying that people should pay $20 more and buy off eBay instead of an inmate? No skin off my back if they do, but that doesn't seem to be especially wise advice.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
KTMADV
Hammer Down

Oddometer: 167
Sorry I did not see the total price you had offered. Your price is much better.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
inroads
Wimberley,Texas

Oddometer: 205
Actually,I see those on E-bay for $197 shipped.My point is not to disrespect what your doing but to take this info back to your supplier and maybe he will do us all a better deal.
inroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
bigbadandugly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inroads View Post
Actually,I see those on E-bay for $197 shipped.My point is not to disrespect what your doing but to take this info back to your supplier and maybe he will do us all a better deal.
Understood. I think I know what eBay listing you're talking about. Like I said in the original post, the deal isn't great for Americans, but there is substantial savings for Canadians because the retail up here is $257 with the cheapest street price being $232 before taxes and shipping (which bring the price up to $282 vs. the $220 I'm offering. I was originally only going to offer this deal to Canadians, and in particular Canadians in my region that can do local pick-up. But I opened the offer to Americans as a service in case they're interested in saving a few bucks.

You have to look at the economics of the deal. The bags retail for $220. Given that price point, there's not a lot of gross margin for the retailer to play with in providing a discount for the group buy participants as well as eaking out a small profit for himself, and to cover shipping. In the case of the group buy, I'm absorbing the shipping costs to Americans, and I haven't established what that is just yet. Hopefully soon.

And the retailer is a bricks and motar retailer that supports ADVrider.com, not some Internet merchant that just hawks his wares over eBay from his basement for 10% margin. I realize that means jack to some, but it does to me in working with him on pricing.

I'm actually thinking of capping the group buy for the American buyers because the savings on their part isn't that substantial compared to the hassle and risk on my part. I'm still trying to figure out how I can receive money from the American participants and get it in the bank so I can get a money order for the vendor. Because PayPal forces me to attach my C$ checking account to my PayPal account, I'm being forced to absorb FX costs converting from US$ to C$ to get the money to my C$ checking account and then from C$ to US$ for the money order. That's a good 5% and pretty much a deal breaker for American participants. If anyone has good ideas I'm all ears.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #9
BikerBobber
Trying to get lost

Oddometer: 590
I'll be interested in some bags once I figure out what I'll be riding..

Sent from my mobile.
My translab adventure http://bobandmike10x10.blogspot.com/
BikerBobber is offline   Reply With Quote