ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #1891
foxbrook
Adventurer
 
foxbrook's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Oddometer: 45
In regards to the Easton handlebars, here is the email response I received from them today. Maybe they should look at making a note of this on their website to save us Canadian's the hassle ..
I very much apologize. I am currently restricted from shipping that particular bar combo internationally. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience.

Rusty Olds
__________________
2013 CRF250L
1985 Yamaha (XJ750) Maxim "X"

foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #1892
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
trainman's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Oddometer: 397
Thanks guys for the heads up on the handlebar heights, 1" will work just fine.

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #1893
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond
 
MentalGuru's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Out and about.
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbrook View Post
In regards to the Easton handlebars, here is the email response I received from them today. Maybe they should look at making a note of this on their website to save us Canadian's the hassle ..
I very much apologize. I am currently restricted from shipping that particular bar combo internationally. Im very sorry for any inconvenience.

Rusty Olds

Not that I'm offering because I don't ship to Canada.(PITA)

I have shipped to a UPS store near the border for pick-up from a Canadian buyer. Just have them shipped to an inmates place for pickup, a UPS store or to have shipping across the border.

Set-up a group buy so the US shipping is free and work out the border crossing/shipping from there.

They are cheap enough that it is well worth the effort.

Just a random thought....

__________________
xladv.com
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #1894
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond
 
MentalGuru's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Out and about.
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Thanks guys for the heads up on the handlebar heights, 1" will work just fine.

John
Remember the adapter adds about 1" also.

__________________
xladv.com
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #1895
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,662
I have an unusual request. I just can't pull the trigger on buying a CRF250L without even a very short ride...5 min max. Is there anyone out there in the readership that has a CRF within 50 miles of Detroit that will let me ride it? I'll even let him/her ride my Kawasaki KLR650 while I ride the CRF. I've got a sweet price lined up at a dealer in Toledo, but I need to know I'm not buying a $4500 pig-in-a-poke. Send me a PM...I'll kick in $$ if it'll help.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #1896
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u
 
SugarDust's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Firestone, Colorado
Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
don't know if anyone saw this but - q4 S/A for CRF250L for 265 -

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851782
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Anyone order one of these from here? Price seems pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
I did. Muffler and header are on their way. He only had 4 left at the time I placed my order, however.

I just did too - he might be down to 2 now....
__________________
2014 BMW R1200GS -- 2013 Honda CRF250L -- 2013 KTM 250 XCW
In loving Memory of Cruzn2b - 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #1897
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
trainman's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Oddometer: 397
I bought mine and didn't ride it before I purchased it, plus I drove 200 miles to pick it up. I did purchase it from a dealer who is a friend on mine and then didn't ride it for three days after I got it home, weather was just too cold to ride. Funny thing on my first ride I started just laughing and had this big smile on my face, it was just as if I were a kid again. It's nothing like your KLR is on the road and it feels half the weight of one.


John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #1898
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I bought mine and didn't ride it before I purchased it, plus I drove 200 miles to pick it up. I did purchase it from a dealer who is a friend on mine and then didn't ride it for three days after I got it home, weather was just too cold to ride. Funny thing on my first ride I started just laughing and had this big smile on my face, it was just as if I were a kid again. It's nothing like your KLR is on the road and it feels half the weight of one.


John
TRAINMAN (John): Yes, (probably) there will come a time when the KLR will be less fun than the CRF...it might be years away....or....that narrow little sideroad that makes the KLR groan...
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #1899
Mudclod
Mojo Moto
 
Mudclod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Killeen, TX.
Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I bought mine and didn't ride it before I purchased it, plus I drove 200 miles to pick it up. I did purchase it from a dealer who is a friend on mine and then didn't ride it for three days after I got it home, weather was just too cold to ride. Funny thing on my first ride I started just laughing and had this big smile on my face, it was just as if I were a kid again. It's nothing like your KLR is on the road and it feels half the weight of one.


John
Alright John, that's what I wanted to hear!
__________________
74 TY250 89 GB500 97 XR650L 03 KDX220 06 DRZ400 08 DL1000 09 XR1200
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #1900
dsn11487
Adventurer
 
dsn11487's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
I have an unusual request. I just can't pull the trigger on buying a CRF250L without even a very short ride...5 min max. Is there anyone out there in the readership that has a CRF within 50 miles of Detroit that will let me ride it? I'll even let him/her ride my Kawasaki KLR650 while I ride the CRF. I've got a sweet price lined up at a dealer in Toledo, but I need to know I'm not buying a $4500 pig-in-a-poke. Send me a PM...I'll kick in $$ if it'll help.
I have both a crf250l and klr650. The KLR has more Go but the CRF is a whole hell of a lot more fun off road. So much easier to tackle those hills, creek beds and trails. The only time I ride the KLR over the CRF is if I have hours of highway (5+) to eat up before we hit off road. Or if I have a ton of gear to carry. KLR is better setup for that right now
__________________
2005 FJR (the blue ones are faster)
2013 CRF250L
dsn11487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #1901
dsn11487
Adventurer
 
dsn11487's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 52
Also if it helps, I've had my CRF since September and considering selling the KLR to get an FJR.
__________________
2005 FJR (the blue ones are faster)
2013 CRF250L
dsn11487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #1902
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond
 
MentalGuru's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Out and about.
Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesjive aka tirebiter View Post
Let me get this strait- All your past posts promoting Easton bars is because your a vendor?

EASTON BARS are not the way to go if you want to easily incorporate any other manufacturer's hardware- be it clamps, GPS, risers, stabilizer, etc.
Trust me, been down that road..

fuck easton bars..



I'm not a vender. Your sure are worthless fake n00b of a troll thou.

I've been trying to help others out and you give me shit... You have 2 worthless posts. Get back in your closet.

I've been down that road too, but I'm smart enough to know how to build my own mounts or find anything I need.





.
.


UPDATE!!!

I see you deleted your 2 worthless posts and your hiding in your closet again....



lesjive aka "tirebiter"

Worthless fake n00b









Last Activity: Today 06:40 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Toxic Britney








Total Posts



Busy viewing hooters now huh???


You may have deleted your post but it lives on in the your quote in my post...

BTW your ship came in.




You're such a turd...

__________________
xladv.com

MentalGuru screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 08:55 AM Reason: Let the truth be known!!! or How to school a worthless n00B
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #1903
Bongolia
stop acting
 
Bongolia's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: In transit
Oddometer: 17,352
Anybody carry a pillion on one of these?

I'm thinking of one for the trails in the New Territories but I'll also be carrying the wife on the back at times.

I weigh about 170 lbs, the wife about 140 lbs.

Regards

R
__________________
MG 850 LM Mk II Ducati 900 FE #301
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=53377
Bongolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1904
gaw777
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Cali
Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
I just did too - he might be down to 2 now....
Ordered mine tonight.

Next question.
I plan to take the bike into the shop for it's first service. Should I wait to put the goodies on after the service? Will the shop have issues with the stage I performance package?
gaw777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1905
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer
 
G19Tony's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: KLAS
Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Not that I'm offering because I don't ship to Canada.(PITA)

I have shipped to a UPS store near the border for pick-up from a Canadian buyer. Just have them shipped to an inmates place for pickup, a UPS store or to have shipping across the border.

Set-up a group buy so the US shipping is free and work out the border crossing/shipping from there.

They are cheap enough that it is well worth the effort.

Just a random thought....

After I ordered them, I learned that nothing will fit on them. I suppose I should have researched first. But, for $47.00 shipped. I'm sure I can find something that will work for handguards and still be in it for less than a ProTaper, which, by the way, I really like and have on other bikes. No big deal. Just another chance to excel.
__________________
BMW F800GT, Hodaka Dirt Squirt, Honda CT70, Honda Grom, Zongshen RX3
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015