ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #376
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,241
Merry x-mas and a happy new year. And with these small happenings aside we can focus on the matters in life.
Dakar and AMA SX the 5 jan. YAY

Happy new year. From our street, it was a super windy evening.

With holidays in the books ive been able to agree with a KTM mechanic about a meeting. We will try look into these immobiliser woes. More about that in 24 hours. I collected some stuff and manuals for having answers to most of my problem. Box of luck...

Took some weight measures of the 2 pumps.

just so you know.

Made the seat lock work again. Will make some neat arrangement on it when Petes rear tanks gets to me.

Running with the lower front guard and the 320mm suspension have caused a problem. Not big but will need to address it because it hits the 48mm sealing lip and the alu is ber soft.

I needed to get the Bazzaz speedo sensor and it worried me a bit to drill holes in the caliper mount. I did 2 small holes(3mm) and mountes the speedo sensor on that. Looks fairly ok, well see in real life and muddy conditions.

All the ziptyes and black plastic tube looks stupid but the sensor cable is soft like butter. This was my best way(for now) to protect it against debris and such.

Some generel cable protection/clean up around the bike.

The original LC8 fan is mounted with some through-the-radiator cable ties. Very sturdy and easy to fix. Give me your thoughts on this. It is rock solid.

Will cut of the studs later.

Working on some new HID lights. Ill try to make a better cut off with some integrated projectors. But the heating process was a bit tough on the light...

The yellow dusty something in the bottom is created from the 50HID. Not bye oven heat.

Ohh...and im maybe picking up an Yamaha XT 250 tomorrow. It will be my daily driver and such. It just occured to me that J. Rambo in First blood made a get away on this type of bike. YEAH. I need a big knife and some long curly hair...safety 8th or something.

Exciting day tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
::cla p...
Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #377
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,130
All the best with the KTM mechanic!
snowhawk jockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #378
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
I wish i was any nearer to your location :)

Would like to take a shot at it. It is now successfully removed from my wiring tree.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #379
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

1190ccs are turning but not a runner. Starter interlock is preventing us from a clean run(i think).

Will be back....arggg
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #380
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
1190ccs are turning but not a runner. Starter interlock is preventing us from a clean run(i think).

Will be back....arggg

Better than it was!

Looking at your speedo pickup and with it mounted on the rear wheel whenever you spin the rear tire it'll count that as mileage. Didn't know if you cared or not but it may also make it difficult to calculate mileage and fuel mileage for planning purposes.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #381
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post

Better than it was!

Looking at your speedo pickup and with it mounted on the rear wheel whenever you spin the rear tire it'll count that as mileage. Didn't know if you cared or not but it may also make it difficult to calculate mileage and fuel mileage for planning purposes.
aaa...the sensor is from the Bazzaz unit which will be used to help with the mapping. Nothing to do with the "real" speedo up front.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #382
HappyGoLucky
Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer: 4,311
Hard times Locul - but the end is in sight. Keep up your spirits you have achieved a helluva lot!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #383
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,430
Any love yet?

G
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #384
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Lots of love to you guys, but the most for now to StevenD whom sent me free of charge Starter interlock. Svane(my mechanic friend) and I is certain that the interlock is acting up. As soon we get the part from Holland we should be able to make it a noisy place.

How are you with the new house. Settled in yet?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #385
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

The interlock is on its way.
I'm sure the bike wont start without it as it decides from clutch switch and sidestand input etc. if it's safe to spark the plugs. I would have thought that it refuses to crank the bike as well but apparently you can cranked it without? did you bypass it to get it to crank as the relay that controls your start button gets ground over the interlock box.

I'm just not too sure what the connection in to the ECU from the interlock does but I suspect it will also tell the ECU to NOT inject any fuel when the sidestand is out for example.

So i'm wondering how you got the starter to spin in the bike as it is now?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #386
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

ahhh damnit post got deleted.

My master mechanic and I are blaming the interlock because it wont show when i put it into gear. It just enhance our thoughts of this being a faulty unit. Svane did bypass the unit, exactly how and where im not able to tell. Maybe we can try and picture it for you next time we work on the bike. Im not allowed to try start the bike when hes not around. The sidestand switch is bypassed by the unit KTM provides, so it should be out of sight. I will pick up the left tank at the welder today(nothing done to it) and try to make a proper fueling. We will out some larger wiring to the stater as it startet smoking after 5 attempts. Pulls a lot of amp through the current wire. Just to make sure everything can keep up. This is just some of the adjusting we will be dealing with before we hit the streets.

StevenD do you know of any estimated time for the travel?

My damn best regards to all of you out there. Back to the F5irehose and Dakar.....YAYYYYYYY
Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #387
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

It's shipped air priority so should be with you tomorrow, or day after I guess.
Hope thats the ticket to success!!

This bike has to be able to crank without bypassing this box, otherwise the ECU will not fire sparks and injectors.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #388
wreckah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
this is one of those threads you find by accident, a thread which then completely takes over your whole evening...it reads like a great novel

suspense!!

Fantastic work guys, subscribed

greetings from Belgium :)
Jan
Old 01-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #389
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Thanks for the kind words.

Update.

Received the starter interlock from StevenD. Installed it and nothing...
Gear indicator stays green when i put it into gear? So this is probably not the starter interlock. Will have to look other places.

When i flip on the the ignition i get i new immobilizer code which i cant find anything on. Light just stays on in the immobilizer light?
Video for better understanding.

Im a bit bummed about this. Ive sincerely hoped that this would be my solution, but im at a full stop here. I will try to put on the old map and try from there. hmmm

Best regards
Mikael
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #390
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,356
did you program the new ignition for your key? if it doesnt recongnize the key, you will get a solid immobilizer light and the bike won't start.

just a thought...

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote