Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
richardktm
Richard KTM

Oddometer: 49
200cc past and present

Ok you asked for it.. first had a 82 KDX200 way back(no pics) later i got a Gas Gas EC200(no pics) with the Mazzochi conventional forks which i really loved.
Later on I bought the newer model you see above. I picked it up in a pretty sorry state and rebuilt it, I later found out it had been ordered by a riding buddy about 5 years before with a few trick bits, and set up by Dougie Lampkin's father. Great bike!!
After that I moved to KTM and my first was an autolube 200EXC fantastic for tight woods and trail riding in the north of england, so quiet compared with all my buddies on YZF426 and Husabergs.
Later I got to know my local KTM dealer (as You do!) Mark Jackson of Eurotec KTM and bought his ex racebike from him(no pics again) lovely guy he only rode it in 5 races and put on the standard wheels, exhaust and left alot of trick bits on it. Still my favorite bike i've ever owned!!
Today I live and ride in China and for offroad riding I ride Chinese made 223cc dirt bikes. The latest one is quite good but a bit underpowered, but at 1000 British pounds new! I can't really complain.
Keep up the good work.

BTW that blue KTM is pretty and the Penton is gorgeous.
richardktm is offline   Reply With Quote