Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
byways OP
byways

Oddometer: 2,155
Washington backcountry roads guidebook

Brothers and sisters:

Over the last year or so I've received increasing requests from ADV inmates for my backcountry-travel guidebook Washington Byways, which the publisher let go out of print. To sate the yearning of those who dream of exploring the Evergreen State's little-traveled backways, I now have available a PDF of the 160-page book ... for just USD$14.00.

Washington Byways details the state's beautiful unpaved backroads, all of them ideal for ADV and dual-sport riders. Caveat: It predates my use of GPS, my ADV motorcycling, and development of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route by my friends on the Touratech-USA BDR team.

Yet in addition to an overview map for every route, every route description includes page numbers and page coordinates for locating it in Benchmark Maps' Washington Road & Recreation Atlas, as well as specific U.S. Forest Service map coordinates.

And ... most of the roads that comprise the WABDR are detailed in the book; they're just not identified as such because the WABDR was developed more than a decade after I chronicled Washington's wildest roads.

So if you hear the Pacific Northwet calling your name--echoing from ocean beaches and lush rain forests to the very crest of the Olympic Range and summits in Washington's corner of the northern Rocky Mountains--answer the call. Just send me a note at:

backcountrybyways at gee mail dot com (trying to dodge spammers).

You will receive the file via either Dropbox or Google Drive, both free-and-easy file-sharing tools. Or just let me know what means of receiving the file works for you!

Peace ...

Byways
Remember The Haight!

A preview of what you'll get, and what you'll see (photos in the book are B&W) ...

byways screwed with this post 05-19-2013 at 08:38 PM Reason: add text
byways is online now   Reply With Quote