ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Hey look at it as thinning out the stupid gene pool,natural selection baby for the rest of us there 500 cc plus bikes.I took my test on my zr 7s
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Andysrage
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Hey look at it as thinning out the stupid gene pool,natural selection baby ....
While I tend to agree and have little compassion for idiots, don't forget that these fools account for the accident statistics that our lovely NJ insurance rates are based upon. Basically, their bad judgement impacts you and me in the wallet.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeterk View Post
The one thing they cant teach you is self control. I live on rt 539 and I have guys flying by here all the time at 100+ . The road has driveways about every 250-300 feet and side roads in this area. Any of these could bite them.
^^^^^

I see this all the time even in town... riders getting on it where there is traffic and driveways where someone could pull out or turn in front of them. If I'm going to open the bike up I'm on a back road that I know and has open flat fields on each side so I can see if any animals are planning on ruining my day. Even an open road with trees has hidden dangers.
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #19
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,382
Thanks Jim.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
You have a point there.Some people get on bikes quads etc and its instant butthole just add throttle.Last summer coming bacck from edison in less then 5 miles I nearly had 2 near misses.1 car didnt have his blinker on thought he was going straight and he turns right and I almost eat the curb. about a mile or 2 later A women in a mini van does a rolling stop past a stop sign off Rt 27 ,she was gonna make a left I got on top of her doing about 40 and started locking it up and almost sliding the bike out on me. I was gonna go to the beach that day on the bike and wa slike thats it time to park it and get the convertible out before I end up dead.My buddy and co worker who use to stunt liked to ride fast .1 day I asked him did he ever think of some one turning out and dying or blowing a stop sign etc as you came up on them doing 90 you wouldnt be able tor react.He said nope never you dont think about that stuff in your 20s.Soooo maybe they need to make it you cant buy any sport bikes until your 30 and can have some restraint.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
06wrx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
^^^^^

Even an open road with trees has hidden dangers.
Deer, turkeys etc.

I've almost hit a turkey on the bike before(on a trail ). Hit a turkey in my car, and I'm glad I wasn't on a bike when it happened.
Shattered a headlight, left a dent in my hood and fender.

I took my road test on deerslayR's XR650L.
They had the cones for the weave at the moped length- 6 feet instead of 12 for motorcycles, I ran over one, whoops. I've done it since on the DRZ, and its cake.

06wrx is offline   Reply With Quote