Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #226
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
There is a time limit on filing a protest, or making such a ruling, which is probably some hours after the finish of the stage. So, if they don't do it now, it becomes too late.
You are right... I'm not saying they can hold him to ransom for it (wait three days and then protest) I just pointing out that IF ASO clerk of Course or the FIA Jury deem it to be outside assistance, they CAN penalize him without another team lodging a protest (before the protest time limit - when the provisional general classification results are made final). I agree that no other team will protest ( like you say; bad karma/eyes on us) at this early stage, nor - probably - do they need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #227
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,830
People are talking that he's 30 min back. But official timing is showing 10 min off leader. Was he given a time penalty for the assistance??? Sorry I was away all day and wasn't trying to watch live.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #228
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
There's simply no grounds for a protest. Spectators pushing cars out is a staple of the Dakar, that's the stuff people want to see. I can't remember any protest of that kind passing the green table.

Also, RG has lost enough time as it is, no reason to heap a penalty on top.
Not so... didn't Ari Vatanen get stung for outside assistance when he drowned the Race toureg in Portugal (2006?). a spectator vehicle towed out the car... and (IIRC) he finished the stage on a strap behind one of the VW team T5 service trucks... okay, it was a liason stage (not a special), but he copped a time penalty for it. Also true that this was back when Mitsubishi were analy retentive about maintaining their dominance...

but grounds for a penalty/protest there IS... outside assistance may NOT be provided by any other vehicle/persons than another competing crew. THAT's the rule.

Quote:

Quote:
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
Old 01-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #229
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
People are talking that he's 30 min back. But official timing is showing 10 min off leader. Was he given a time penalty for the assistance??? Sorry I was away all day and wasn't trying to watch live.
SS1/Prologue times were multiplied by 3 for the cars, by 5 for the bikes to fight strategic sandbagging.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #230
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
You mean like when he got towed out of that ditch by the tiny Fiat in Argentina?
No no, Robby HIMSELF was driving that Fiat. He happened to find this old car just sitting beside the road, jumped in, and towed the Hummer out of the ditch. No outside assistanec at all!

HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #231
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Because the stage was so short (13 km's) the ASO multiplying the times by a factor of three for the scoring purposes.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #232
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Because the stage was so short (13 km's) the ASO multiplying the times by a factor of three for the scoring purposes.
Copy that, thank you!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #233
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
2) Assistance carried out by a non-accredited Vehicle or person will lead to the following penalties :
 1st infringement : obligation for Vehicles and/or the persons concerned to be accredited with the Organisation or to leave the itinerary of the Rally + a 3-hour penalty for the Competitor concerned, 6 hours on a Selective Section;
 2nd infringement: Disqualification of the concerned Driver.
ric678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #234
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,485
Big Snowball this early ,
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #235
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,550
Now that I think about it, that particular steep dune was probably not marked in the roadbook as it should have been, so I think ASO may neutalize that section. Robby may be back in it after all! DuneGate!!!
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #236
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Don't forget, this is a FAN thread, if you don't like him feel free to take it to the main Dakar thread.

Nah this is the internet

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #237
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Don't forget, this is a FAN thread, if you don't like him feel free to take it to the main Dakar thread.
I've never said I don't like him... I've often said he's one of the most naturally talented and gifted off road drivers I've ever witnessed (saw him race personally, repeatedly in SCORE HDRA and MTEG events in the 1987 - 1990 period, where he won titles as a teenager. A unique talent without a doubt...

In my opinion had he stayed at VW and found a way to fit in within the framework there... he'd have had at least two dakar titles to his name by now (probably 2007 and the one Devilliers took in 2009), but he decided to go his own way... and it's never (unfortunately) worked out for him.

my point being that (just like his driving style) he tries to meet the competition (and officialdom) head on... and that's NOT working for him the last half dozen years or so...

I didn't realise that "fan" thread dictates you cannot discuss such a subject openly, with a touch of humour or ribbing... my appologies.

Quote:

Quote:

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 04:47 PM Reason: out of courtesy to the OP
Old 01-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #238
xr400r
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,052
anyone buy the the robby gordon t shirt? do you get a t shirt and sweatshirt?
xr400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #239
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
I've never said I don't like him... I've often said he's one of the most naturally talented and gifted off road drivers I've ever witnessed (saw him race personally, repeatedly in SCORE HDRA and MTEG events in the 1987 - 1990 period, where he won titles as a teenager. A unique talent without a doubt...

In my opinion had he stayed at VW and found a way to fit in within the framework there... he'd have had at least two dakar titles to his name by now (probably 2007 and the one Devilliers took in 2009), but he decided to go his own way... and it's never (unfortunately) worked out for him.

my point being that (just like his driving style) he tries to meet the competition (and officialdom) head on... and that's NOT working for him the last half dozen years or so...

I did not realize that a "fan" thread dictates you cannot discuss such a subject openly, with a touch of humour or ribbing.
He is who he is. People always accuse me of being a Rubby hater which is not true at all I don't hate him, but I'm not a leg humpper either. I love watching him and I love laughing at his antics.

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 04:49 PM Reason: Only edited my words... not Strong Bads
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #240
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,275
Robbie could run for president .. I like watching him too SB !
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote