ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #31
Slowred
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster View Post
Come on Doc...it is to give it the Italian flare. Or was it to look more like Cyberdos' DRZ 400?
I'm pretty sure the Italians have laws against doing that to one of their bikes
Slowred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #32
4play OP
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,210
Awesome group & ride today! we did an in & out. Two flats, no other drama lunch at 2pm at Los Hermanos
__________________
The older I get, the faster I was
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
Sliverpicker
Adventurer
 
Sliverpicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Oddometer: 90
Hey you southern riders,

Do I need to have an ORV sticker to ride D.V. area ? I have one for Oregon and from what I understand other states will honor that.

Input please !
Sliverpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #34
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly
 
HoosierTrailmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Under the Tucson Sun
Oddometer: 2,380
Baffled why you posted this question in this post, but an educated guess is as long as you are out of state tagged, you are fine to ride anywhere that in-state riders are allowed to ride without getting state OHV permit. I assume DV is Death Valley so a Kalifornia guy would need to answer it.
__________________
'06 Beta RR 525 "Red KTM"
'02 GasGas EC 300..."The Smoke"
'10 KTM 990 ADV R "Brutus Beefcakes"
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #35
WAN
Adventurer
 
WAN's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Southern AZ P/T & Buckhorn ON P/T
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
Awesome group & ride today! we did an in & out. Two flats, no other drama lunch at 2pm at Los Hermanos
I had so much fun, I can not wait for next weeks ride.
__________________
WAN=Wanabee Rock Rider
After Riding Rocks: WAN=Wan Ball Dez
WAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #36
Sliverpicker
Adventurer
 
Sliverpicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster View Post
Baffled why you posted this question in this post, but an educated guess is as long as you are out of state tagged, you are fine to ride anywhere that in-state riders are allowed to ride without getting state OHV permit. I assume DV is Death Valley so a Kalifornia guy would need to answer it.
Up here in Oyegun if you are in a designated ORV area without a tag you still get a $275.00 asshole thrown into the weekend ! Plated or not ! Been there ---done that !
Sliverpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #37
DOD
idiot dirt rider
 
DOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan690 View Post
Hey you southern riders,

Do I need to have an ORV sticker to ride D.V. area ? I have one for Oregon and from what I understand other states will honor that.

Input please !
Bikes must be street legal in Death Valley. An off road tag won't cut it.

For more details ask the same question in the Death Valley Daze thread in the same forum as this thread. Lots of CA guys that will know the details in that thread.

-dod
__________________
This is my only chance to assemble a disreputable past
DOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #38
revis
Winded
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: AZ Desert
Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
Awesome group & ride today! we did an in & out. Two flats, no other drama lunch at 2pm at Los Hermanos
Was it your group I passed on my way down to the coke ovens yesterday? I was on a kx450f with yellow number plates. I passed a big group spaced out. On the road down to the ovens.

-Will

revis screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 11:15 AM Reason: Auto correct shcks
revis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #39
4play OP
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by revis View Post
Was it your group I passed on my way down to the coke ovens yesterday? I was on a kx450f with yellow number plates. I passed a big group spaced out. On the road down to the ovens.

-Will
yep, that was us i was the 1st guy you cruzed past at the top of the hill
__________________
The older I get, the faster I was
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #40
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly
 
HoosierTrailmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Under the Tucson Sun
Oddometer: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by revis View Post
Was it your group I passed on my way down to the coke ovens yesterday? I was on a kx450f with yellow number plates. I passed a big group spaced out. On the road down to the ovens.

-Will
Looked like you should join us sometime, might school me.
__________________
'06 Beta RR 525 "Red KTM"
'02 GasGas EC 300..."The Smoke"
'10 KTM 990 ADV R "Brutus Beefcakes"
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #41
Slowred
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 593
That was a really fun ride yesterday! Nice pace and peeps to ride with.

Thanks for putting it together 4Play
Slowred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
Sliverpicker
Adventurer
 
Sliverpicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOD View Post
Bikes must be street legal in Death Valley. An off road tag won't cut it.

For more details ask the same question in the Death Valley Daze thread in the same forum as this thread. Lots of CA guys that will know the details in that thread.

-dod
Thanks----Should be good to go

cheers
Sliverpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #43
revis
Winded
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: AZ Desert
Oddometer: 12
I live near florence so I ride out there often, just rarely see other bikes. I figured by the size of the group it was a amra club or adv guys. I'll keep an eye out for posted rides and come along sometime.

-Will
revis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #44
4play OP
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by revis View Post
I live near florence so I ride out there often, just rarely see other bikes. I figured by the size of the group it was a amra club or adv guys. I'll keep an eye out for posted rides and come along sometime.

-Will
Or post up a ride & we'll join you? That's one of my favorite rides, a little bit of everything.
__________________
The older I get, the faster I was
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #45
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer
 
lamotovita's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: WA/AZ, USA
Oddometer: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by revis View Post
I live near florence so I ride out there often, just rarely see other bikes. I figured by the size of the group it was a amra club or adv guys. I'll keep an eye out for posted rides and come along sometime.

-Will
Hey Will,
I'm in Florence too. I don't ride fast anymore. I'm into exploring and technical riding. Send me a PM if you'd like to go for a ride or compare notes sometime.
Jeff
__________________
It's not a big motorcycle, just a groovy little motor bike.
lamotovita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014