ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #2611
PNW Buttercup OP
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,756
MOTORCYCLES COME WITH TWO WHEELS.....

.. both should be on the ground. Ain't that right LB?

In watching the video...I believe this is the only course of action. However in clicking on the other links with Wowboyz...

I hope they are organ donors.
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #2612
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup View Post
I hope they are organ donors.
No kidding! Guess I'm getting really old, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
I was born lost and take no pleasure in being found." ~ John Steinbeck

WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #2613
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,801
Just so everyone knows, Supercross starts tonight. Live from Anaheim on speed channel at 6:30pm. Also, stage 2 from the Dakar is on at 11:30pm tonight on the NBC Sports channel. Thats 220 for people with Direct tv.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #2614
mcjunky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Anyone riding today? Sun is out
mcjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #2615
mcjunky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Got the zrx out for about a half hour and it got a little chilly!
mcjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #2616
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjunky View Post
Got the zrx out for about a half hour and it got a little chilly!

That is an understatement.

Solid ice on side streets and drives of Moscow. So slick I had to hold onto the pick-up to get my mail. Need 4-wheel drive to get out to the street.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #2617
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Yeah...no chance of riding for sometime where I live. I'd have to truck or trailer the bike out and then heck, even if I could get down to the valley...I no likey the black icey! What you can't see DEFINITELY can hurt you!
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #2618
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,368
Well, I thought I'd introduce myself, and see what ya'll had to say about my plan to move to Spokane.

My ex has moved to Naples, ID and I gotta be close enough to deal with being a dad to these two rapscallions:

At this time, I've spoken to Lone Wolf Harley Davidson about a job, which is looking good, at least for the riding season. I might be a bit hungry next winter, though.

Meanwhile, I am in need of an abode. I know next to nothing about Spokane, other than it's a reasonable distance to the kids without actually living in the mountains. Any advice? I definitely need a garage/shed for the bikes (a 04 KTM 9-fiddy and a 99 Buell S3T) and whatever tools don't end up at my place of employment.

My budget would be somewhere between cheap and poor, and a short commute is pretty important to me. Years of a 50-mile one way commute has pretty much taught me that my time is worth a lot to me. I'm not willing to burn it up on the freeway, commuting. I'm just looking for something simple/temporary to land in. I'll find a more appropriate kid-friendly place after I get settled in and feel better about the work situation.

Any neighborhoods to avoid in Spokane Valley? How's the commute from, say, CDA or Post Falls?

Thought I'd mention I'd be willing to trade maintenance/repair on a inmate's bike fleet as part of a rent exchange program.... (I'm a certifiable, errr I mean certified motorcycle mechanic)

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #2619
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjunky View Post
Anyone riding today? Sun is out
Umm.. Actually did maintenance and took short rides on both bikes... Side streets and drives are sketchy. Was nice to get out.

Nine Mile dam.

Edwards screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 06:42 PM
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #2620
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Yeah...no chance of riding for sometime where I live. I'd have to truck or trailer the bike out and then heck, even if I could get down to the valley...I no likey the black icey! What you can't see DEFINITELY can hurt you!
Aw c'mon! I had my bike out the other day! Although, I'm pretty sure Jarred J. saw me in his rearview mirror do a perfect cartwheel over the handlebars right above your house.

I'm kicking myself for trashing my old tires; I'm itching to try sinking some screws through a pair to make a set of redneck offroad/ice tires.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #2621
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Sorry neighbor..."riding" a couple of hundred yards and then doing a cartwheel over the bars isn't my idea of riding.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #2622
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Sorry neighbor..."riding" a couple of hundred yards and then doing a cartwheel over the bars isn't my idea of riding.
I was out for over an hour up around Milsap and was finishing up my ride with a few rips up our road. I was so numb at that point that I was losing limb function. I'll blame it on that, more than the fact that I was stupidly trying to baja it over the 3' solid plow berms.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #2623
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
Well, I thought I'd introduce myself, and see what ya'll had to say about my plan to move to Spokane.

My ex has moved to Naples, ID and I gotta be close enough to deal with being a dad to these two rapscallions:

At this time, I've spoken to Lone Wolf Harley Davidson about a job, which is looking good, at least for the riding season. I might be a bit hungry next winter, though.

Meanwhile, I am in need of an abode. I know next to nothing about Spokane, other than it's a reasonable distance to the kids without actually living in the mountains. Any advice? I definitely need a garage/shed for the bikes (a 04 KTM 9-fiddy and a 99 Buell S3T) and whatever tools don't end up at my place of employment.

My budget would be somewhere between cheap and poor, and a short commute is pretty important to me. Years of a 50-mile one way commute has pretty much taught me that my time is worth a lot to me. I'm not willing to burn it up on the freeway, commuting. I'm just looking for something simple/temporary to land in. I'll find a more appropriate kid-friendly place after I get settled in and feel better about the work situation.

Any neighborhoods to avoid in Spokane Valley? How's the commute from, say, CDA or Post Falls?

Thought I'd mention I'd be willing to trade maintenance/repair on a inmate's bike fleet as part of a rent exchange program.... (I'm a certifiable, errr I mean certified motorcycle mechanic)
I hope you enjoy your move to the area. If you are going to work at the Harley dealer look in Spokane Valley for housing. It's not a bad place to live and would be close to the Harley shop. WA doesn't have a state income tax where ID does so you might want to think about that if you are thinking about ID. There are advantages to living in ID too though.

Good luck and be sure to join us when we have get togethers.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #2624
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,386
The Re-Gifting Party has been posted: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853495 I hope everyone's able to make it. There are some new people around and it would be nice to be able to put a face to the user names.

Now about you guys out riding the last few days.. Brrrrrrrr I hope you had fun even though it was cold.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #2625
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,883
Welcome Motomedic!

Spokane has lots of wonderful folks, especially those that ride. Jobs can be scarce at times, but those two munchens of yours sure like worth moving here for. I'm on the far north side of town, so would be about as far from the Harley shop as you could get. But I do want to wish you safe landings and hope to run into you soon.

Dale
I was born lost and take no pleasure in being found." ~ John Steinbeck

WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote