My left big toe is hurting a bit
Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #1052
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAragazzi View Post
My left big toe is hurting a bit
C'mon GS, man-up. Tell the guests you have to run out for ice. Tell the boss you have the Friday flu. Load up your vodka in tattoogunman's Ural and get that tag. You can't let the Cowtowners take over Big D Tag-O-Rama!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #1053
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
Jeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanarchy View Post
C'mon GS, man-up. Load up your vodka in tattoogunman's Ural and get that tag. You can't let the Cowtowners take over Big D Tag-O-Rama!
I guess I need to pony up. No takers huh?
Stay tuned for future updates.

Btw I like the idea of riding navigator on the Ural while sipping on some Rye (vodka was ok that day bc of the Russian soup we were having).
Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #1054
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Bam!

Due to the fact that Anarchy gave the game an adventurous flair, I'm having to think HARD on what to post.
New pic coming soon.

GSAragazzi screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 03:46 PM
GSAragazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #1055
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer

Good job! Eagerly awaiting your new tag. And that's an interesting tag you have on your bike.

Here is the story of the cabin from an article in the Observer in June 2012 a for those who haven't already read it -

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ne_of_dall.php

Last night at the Turner House, the Old Oak Cliff Conservation League unveiled its 2012 Architecture at Risk List, its annual enumeration of properties in danger of being demolished, neglected, and otherwise relegated to the dust bin of history. They offered a sneak peek of the first item on their list, the Humble Oil service station at Zang and Beckley because OOCCL wasn't sure it'd last until yesterday. It did, but it won't it won't for much longer.
Rounding out the list, which you can see in full here, are the Mission Motel, which the owner wants to convert to apartments but for now sits empty; Cannon's Village, the gabled, house-like storefronts built in the 1920s at the corner of Davis and Edgefield that for years housed Cannon's five-and-dime and, oddly, a medical lab upstairs; the sign advertising the now-demolished Alamo Plaza hotel; Oak Cliff's Googie architecture (think the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign) in general; and a handful of houses and commercial buildings sprinkled throughout the area.

The most interesting item on the list, though, is the Sharrock Cabin, a rickety assemblage of logs tucked away in the Mountain Creek area. So rickety, in fact, that former OOCCL president Michael Amonett would not disclose its location to a roomful of preservation-minded neighbors for fear it might be irreparably damaged before it can be restored.

The cabin was built by Everard Sharrock, who moved to Texas from Illinois in 1846 and homesteaded 640 acres in southwestern Dallas County. The land was owned by the family of Judge Grady Niblo and farmed by tenants for most of the 20th century. The land was purchased in 2005, and the 33 acres containing the Sharrock Cabin and outbuildings was donated to the city. Recently, land nearby began being cleared for development (Amonett described it as a "moonscape") adding urgency to the quest to save the heretofore isolated structures.

The cabin is the oldest structure in North Texas that still occupies its original site. Councilman Scott Griggs said he's working with the city to have the cabin designated as a Dallas Landmark, after which he hopes intensive preservation work can begin. It won't be cheap, though.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #1056
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Good job! Eagerly awaiting your new tag. And that's an interesting tag you have on your bike.

Here is the story of the cabin from an article in the Observer in June 2012 a for those who haven't already read it -

[url]http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2012/06/166-year-old_cabin_one_of_dall..
Thanks, I did see the sign for zone change. Kind the sign of progress, or is it? maybe a smart developer will keep the house as a centerpiece for the sub division. Btw I did not see the fire road to enter so I took the long way round to get in. Leaving was way easier and with no thorns to deal with (going in was prickly to say the least).
Picked the new tag, I just have to wait for the sun to come up. Pic will be taken facing east so it should make my old pig look "pretty".
Will post tomo.
About my plate....well -given the signs of the time- :No comment
Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #1057
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAragazzi View Post
Thanks, I did see the sign for zone change. Kind the sign of progress, or is it? maybe a smart developer will keep the house as a centerpiece for the sub division. Btw I did not see the fire road to enter so I took the long way round to get in. Leaving was way easier and with no thorns to deal with (going in was prickly to say the least).
Picked the new tag, I just have to wait for the sun to come up. Pic will be taken facing east so it should make my old pig look "pretty".
Will post tomo.
About my plate....well -given the signs of the time- :No comment
It has been proposed as a city park. A councilman is supporting the effort and there is a site plan for it, but public funds are tight and Dallasites are too busy supporting bridges and freeway overpass parks to worry about historical sites. Except for John Neely.

"Long way round..." Did you come up the right of way clearing from the highway? Cuz I didn't see any other entry except those two.

And the plate...hmmm.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #1058
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Update

Thumper wanted to play, so off we went to my choice location when it suddenly died

Anyway after waiting a few minutes by the side of the road I decided to give it a technical tap

Well THAT did the trick and it started, I was about 30 min from the target so I decided to abort mission and go home.
Turned out that the carb had a bolckage, a bit of Seafoam and all is well.

I will post soon, but this time Olga is on the task.
Stay tuned....

PS
No clue why my 1st pic is rotated?!!? WTF its NOT my day
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #1059
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Tag is Up

First things first. My apology to Anarchy for the let down. His last tag was gextremely fun to get to. Going in on that fire road up the hill was great.

Second: This one is for tattugunman (HINT HINT HINT) hopefully we can strengthen ranks on the Dallas side by pulling him in to play with his Ural.

Finally: The tag I wanted to get will one day be an option, but I wanted to keep the ball rolling i dont have time till the weekend to go take a pic.

Therefore....here it is:
Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #1060
Jeremy J
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Pretty sure I know that one. Too bad I'm too lazy to ride over there to get a pic. Maybe tomorrow. :)
Jeremy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #1061
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer

I think it's been done

Quote:
The Plano Interurban Railway Museum - 901 E. 15th Street. One block from the Fillmore Pub.

]
This is a grab from December 2011
Old 01-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #1062
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

You sir

Quote:
This is a grab from December 2011
Are right!
Didn't take time to ck past tags.

I think this one is cursed! At least for me. I'll try my original idea tomo.
Stay tuned.

Did I mentioned I dig the color scheme of your bike?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #1063
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer

No rush. A good tag is worth a little wait. Maybe we should meet at the Fillmore and plan your attack.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #1064
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No rush. A good tag is worth a little wait. Maybe we should meet at the Fillmore and plan your attack.
Man that sounds great. Unfortunately I'm DOD ( current green badger tho) and I work gmt+2. Therefore I'm at work till 4 am or so.

Rain ck?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #1065
Tex76
Motersykle Advntyers

Oddometer: 858
Dang it!! This was like 3 minutes from my house, keep it in my backyard lol. Like your GSA by the way, I'm looking for one right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Lost Texan, Wanders East
Tex76 is offline   Reply With Quote