Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #11
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiver View Post
Gents, Is this actually a group buy? Can anyone point me to the page where the particulars are located? I am probably interested.

I read the first couple pages and watched the video twice.

DD
Lot of different "particulars." In September, the tool itself was about 150 USD plus International shipping. Are was giving a 25% discount if we ordered more than 20. And I was able to calculate the optimum number of tools and adapters and shipping boxes to get the price down to 114 delivered TYD. I think it was about 50 tools plus an assortment of the adapters in 3 boxes. International shipping limits size and weight per each box. The Cafe Husky guys paid 120 each delivered,

So, you need at least 20 tool orders (actually more since not everybody on the list will be ready to buy when it's time) before you can place an order. IDK if he still has the same pricing and I don't know the $/Euro conversion right now. When we did the GB, it took me one evening just to unpack the shipment, another to repack the tools into the USPS boxes, and 2 evenings to print all the shipping labels and attach. The USPS sent a truck to my office to pick all the boxes up, I only had to go to the post office twice and that was for Canadian inmates. The hardest part was keeping ADV screen names, real names, email addys and shipping addresses straight, as well as who wanted what LOL.

Like I said a few pages back, I think the stands will make the order more complicated. First off, they're not gonna fit in a flat rate box, which was the beauty of the first group buy. The first time around I just ordered the boxes from USPS and I had them before the tools ever arrived. Then I just printed the labels up since I have a USPS account and stuck them on the boxes. The stands are going to need their own box plus I'll have to go to UPS or the PO with all the packages and ship them out individually. So it will take more time and $.

I would be happy to help out with another group buy, and it would be easier for me since I've done it once already. But I may prefer to just do tools and adapters like last time. I will get info and pricing on the stands, and then we can decide which way to go. It won't hurt my feelings if someone wants to take the current list and run with it, especially if we end up ordering a bunch of the stands as well.

Ill keep adding to the list if someone posts up or sends me a PM that they are interested. I am NOT keeping track of stand requests at this time, but when I figure out the logistics I will post them up and then inmates can decide in or out. Once we get enough interest in the tools, ill contact Are and ask about the stands. I do know he's coming to the US this month, so I don't know when he'll be back to making the tools. I know that he made our tools after I sent him payment, I don't think he keeps a big inventory.

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote