ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #46
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,203
I just put a trouble light next to my engines cases for about an hour before I ride and it starts right up.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #47
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Still riding daily down in the teens. I am using heated gloves and jacket. Thermal underwear and riding pants keep NY business casual wear warm down to single digits. The versys still does not have wind guards so finger tips get cold in single digits but only have a ten mile ride. The wr is the steed for snow, but I rarely ride in that as cars are nuts.

sent from my perfectly sized do it all galaxy note
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #48
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,124
I was checking my calender from last year and I got in three rides in the first week of last year. I think I got in at least one ride once a week all winter last year. I haven't ridden since the beginning of November, mainly because I've been out of state since the beginning of November but I probably wouldn't have ridden anyway. Other than a lack of snow its been cold and windy here in Michigan. I miss global warming.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #49
playharder
Just a rider

Oddometer: 63
Still riding every day. Temps were down to minus 19 on New Year's morning, but today the expected high is nearly thirty degrees.

John
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #50
toadl OP
toadl

Oddometer: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
Still riding daily down in the teens. I am using heated gloves and jacket. Thermal underwear and riding pants keep NY business casual wear warm down to single digits. The versys still does not have wind guards so finger tips get cold in single digits but only have a ten mile ride. The wr is the steed for snow, but I rarely ride in that as cars are nuts.

sent from my perfectly sized do it all galaxy note
I have found wind guards to be a lot less effective then I thought they would be, but they certainly don't hurt.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #51
MPH
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadl View Post
I have found wind guards to be a lot less effective then I thought they would be, but they certainly don't hurt.
Yeah, me too. I ride a VStrom commuting to/from work on dry days in the winter. The cold air blast that comes up from underneath the wind guard is HARSH as hell, and it hits the part of your hands that has less contact with the heated grips (fingertips, thumbtip). Below 20F, I'll throw on my set of Hippo Hands, which are the shiznit -- they create dead-air space around the grips, so the grip heaters actually have half a chance to keep up.

They do, however, cut down on fuel economy, as I found out (and then pushed that heavy bike about a mile to the nearest fuel station!)

Ride well and safe!
Mark
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote