ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
chilango
super-user
 
chilango's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 380
From the ferry peeps

I sent the company a note asking about prices and schedules, I received the following:

Hello Mr X,
You can leave from Havre St-Pierre and it takes 6 hours to get to Port-Menier on Anticosti Island. The cost for a passenger is around 55.00 and for the bike around 125.00.

The follow up for the way back was:

Hello,
I don’t know if the schedule is going to stay the same for next season, if it does you leave Havre St-Pierre Sunday around 6 PM and leave Port-Menier on Wednesday afternoon.

Hope this helps. I received a pdf of the upstream and downstream schedules if anyone wants it. The company is Relais Nodic.

I have done James Bay, North Road, and Trans Lab. Anticosti would be nice.
__________________
2006 BMW R1200GS
2006 Husqvarna TE450
1983 BMW R65 (Basket Case)
"Write drunk; edit sober."
- Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)
chilango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #32
2brnut2b
Adventurer
 
2brnut2b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Quebec City, QC, Canada
Oddometer: 43
schedule

Here is a link for the relais Nordik... I suscribe to this post, not that i'm interesed to go but it's a great adventure ! I live in Quebec so if I can help for anything, don't hesitate !
http://www.relaisnordik.com/images/u...02012-2013.pdf
2brnut2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TOTim's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto On
Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
I sent the company a note asking about prices and schedules, I received the following:

Hello Mr X,
You can leave from Havre St-Pierre and it takes 6 hours to get to Port-Menier on Anticosti Island. The cost for a passenger is around 55.00 and for the bike around 125.00.

The follow up for the way back was:

Hello,
I don’t know if the schedule is going to stay the same for next season, if it does you leave Havre St-Pierre Sunday around 6 PM and leave Port-Menier on Wednesday afternoon.

Hope this helps. I received a pdf of the upstream and downstream schedules if anyone wants it. The company is Relais Nodic.

I have done James Bay, North Road, and Trans Lab. Anticosti would be nice.

So the return trip on Wednesday would be back to Havre-St-Pierre?
TOTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #34
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTim View Post
So the return trip on Wednesday would be back to Havre-St-Pierre?
No, the return is to Rimouski. The Relais Nordik is on the "upstream" leg at that point.
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #35
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TOTim's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto On
Oddometer: 182
I thought after the boat drops you off it makes it's return to Rimouski, then turns back for another cycle to pick you up on the island and return to Havre-St-pierre.
TOTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTim View Post
I thought after the boat drops you off it makes it's return to Rimouski, then turns back for another cycle to pick you up on the island and return to Havre-St-pierre.
I think some of the confusion may be because the vessel appears to have a different summer and winter schedule. Initially, I had looked at embarking from Sept-Isles to Port Menier, and returning from Port Menier to Rimouski. I think this is consistent with the summer schedule, and minimizes time aboard. There are likely other ways to schedule things.
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #37
2brnut2b
Adventurer
 
2brnut2b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Quebec City, QC, Canada
Oddometer: 43
The government is talking more and more these days about gas explotation on Anticosti Island...I think it's a bad rather than a good news, but cash rules ! Anyway, if ever the exploitation begin, it sould be easier to get on the island but the recreational side will also be affected I think...
2brnut2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #38
jfman
Beastly Adventurer
 
jfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Oddometer: 1,002
I wanna check this place out as well. I will have to be careful with the deers; I think its the place in the world that has the most deer per square mile. No predators and no road traffic so they multiply like crazy.

If they tear into it for shale gas it will be changed forever and will be full of industrial equipment and more paved roads.


Heres a vid report of a motorcycle trip tp Anticosti

__________________
Tent space is where you make it

2012 Versys 1000
Tour of the American West 2013
Alaska 2014: Hotel Budget Zero

jfman screwed with this post 05-31-2014 at 12:06 AM
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014