User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #31
Hi Viz Guy OP
www.hivizstore.com

Oddometer: 279
Hi Viz Store at Color in the Catskills Rally

Hey Everybody.... We will be packing up our Hi Viz Gear and heading to the Catskills in Upstate New York October 2nd and 3rd for their Annual Octoberfest Bike Party Weekend. Located at Hunter Mountain, NY it is located in one of the most scenic areas of the North East.

It's a Fantastic Chance to get in one last Rally Before the weather turns and the days grow too short.

Speaking of the days growing too short.... now is the perfect time to think about adding Hi Viz to your daily riding gear, especially you Daily Commuters who will be traveling in Low Light Conditions to and from work.

See you in the Catskills, unless of course you see me first.

Be Seen and Be Safe
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #32
kpinvt
OLDnSLO

Oddometer: 75
Hi-Viz EXO-900 The Best

I bought my Scorpion EXO-900 Hi-Viz helmet from the Hi-Viz store while they were at the RA Rally in Pownal, VT. I have to say this is probably the most comfortable of all of the helmets I have owned and one of the quietest ever. This helmet is quieter than my last HJC full face. The ability to snug up the back of the helmet with the air pump makes the helmet much more secure. I have noticed there is not as much buffetting and the back of my neck doesn't get cold and doing head checks are easier. The vents all work very well with the top one being the most impressive by letting in a significant amount of air without increasing the noise level by more than a very small amount unlike my last flip-up, a KBC FFR, where opening the top vent doubled the amount of wind noise in an already noisy helmet. One last thing to point out is the quality of the chin bar. The inside of the bar seems to be reenforced by the same EPS as the liner and the latches are made of metal unlike some other flip-ups I have owned that had soft foam and plastic latches. The level of service provided by Tom is outstanding.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:11 AM   #33
Hi Viz Guy OP
www.hivizstore.com

The Days are Getting Shorter.......

As the days are getting shorter now is the time to start thinking of increasing your Viz-Ability while riding to and from work. Heading to work last week in a Fog Bank during Rush Hour I felt secure in my surroundings thanks in part to my Hi Viz Gear.

At the very least, the Zip and Rip Vest is a good idea to have on-hand for just such a situation.

Be Seen and Be Safe.
Attached Images

Hi Viz Guy screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 04:20 PM
Hi Viz Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #34
LaurelPerryOnLand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,942
#3 on the list...BRUSHING MY TEETH!

#4...CURLING MY EYE LASHES!

Have seen both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knute Dunrvnyet
Actually, I thought leaving the rest blank would be a great statement: either one of those two will kill ya.
LaurelPerryOnLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #35
ChiefPilot
Rather be flying, but....

Oddometer: 80
Hi Viz guy is the real deal.

I picked up the Hi Viz yellow Exo 900 helmet from him and WOW, need sunglasses to even look at this helmet.

Plus, the best price I could find on the web anywhere and he included the hi viz vest in the deal. I like this one for the times I want a quick hi viz garment and not wearing my Stitch jacket.

Deal with confidence, good stuff, fast delivery and great prices.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947
ChiefPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #36
Hi Viz Guy OP
www.hivizstore.com

Thank you Chief Pilot

Thank you for the kind words of recommendation. The reason I started the Hi Viz Store was to provide a place for Motorcyclsts to find quality Hi Viz Gear. From there I've branched off to Construction Workers, First Responders, Sports Enthusiasts, and Pedestrians. Did you know that in most European countries, just like a life jacket on a boat, for every person you have in your car you need a Hi Viz Vest in the event of a breakdown or accident. Kind of makes sense. Basically not only am I selling a great Safety Product but I am selling and promoting Common Sense. What I am doing is educating people on the need to protect themselves from dangerous elements while riding, walking, or working near motorized or non-motorized hazards. I appreciate all of you here on the ADV site as you have all been some of my best customers and I look forward to helping you be Seen in an Unsafe world for quite some time.

Be Seen and Be Safe
Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #37
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,564
^^^ and bicycling, too. Whether I am on my motorcycles or my bicycles, I am always wearing something fluorescent.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #38
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,676
I'll take a jacket in XL, but did not see an active link for check out...

I'll keep poking around, maybe I'll figure it out

Happy Thanksgiving

EDIT: Ordered!

Wattner screwed with this post 11-25-2010 at 09:21 AM
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #39
_anatic
Plated

Oddometer: 1,059
Solas Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Viz Guy View Post
I am working on getting in with 3M Right now. I've been using the Solas Tape for years on my KLR and i have to say "It Works"

Cheers
tom
Any update on this?
_anatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 AM   #40
Hi Viz Guy OP
www.hivizstore.com

Zip n Rip Santa

This is a Picture of Santa with one of my zip n rip vests

Be Seen and Be Safe this holiday season
Attached Images

Hi Viz Guy screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 04:02 PM
Hi Viz Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #41
Hi Viz Guy OP
www.hivizstore.com

Another Vizibly Satisfied Customer...

this is in response to a Weather Stricken Customer who recently purchased an EXO 700 Hi Viz Helmet from the Hi Viz Store:

Re: Scorpion XL Hi Viz Helmet

Sadly the snow managed to hit in my area just as the helmet arrived! And while I try to ride year round, snow is where I draw the line... It's almost all gone, though, so I should have it up and running shortly.

That said, I've been wearing it on the couch, watching television. It's quite comfortable, and most definitely visible! :)

Thanks again!

-mr

I have all the confidence that said customer won't be hit and will be perfectly safe while sitting both on his couch and on his cycle once the weather breaks thanks in part to his hi viz helmet!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #42
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,393
Hi Vis Vest and Solar Cell Charger!

Check this out. I posted where I found it on the equipment forum. You guys should sell this. Its pretty unique. Also comes in orange.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
Hi Viz Guy OP
www.hivizstore.com

Hi Viz Vests at www.Hivizguy.com

Due to work changes, I've scaled back the Hi Viz Store and am only doing large scale Construction Orders. However in keeping with my original mission to provide motorcyclists with hi viz gear, I am selling a few vests on www.Hivizguy.com

I considered myself a pioneer in the field of hi viz gear for motorcyclists. However, with so many folks selling hi viz motorcycle gear, I am scaling back the hi viz MC biz.

I do want to keep servicing all of you inmates with my Zip n Rip vests. This vest, while designed for first responders, has worked out nicely for motorcyclists.

Thank you for your patronage these past 5 years, I look forward to serving you and your hi viz needs, albeit scaled back a bit.

Be Seen and Be Safe,
Hi Viz Guy