User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Jesse Safari Cases??

I have a set of Jesse 9" Safari cases for a F650-800GS I am trying to sell. Where is the best place to list them?? I tried here at what I thought was a reasonable price and didn't get any action. Are there any regional dual sport forums. I am in SE US. GH

GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,584
I saw your add and started to post there. Your initial asking price was way out of the ball park at $1250? More? Nobody will offer the $800 (maybe a little more?) they generally go for with an asking price that high.

The reduced price of $1050 is still more than you're going to get by a a bit

THIS site probavbly IS the best place to sell them.
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
I saw your add and started to post there. Your initial asking price was way out of the ball park $1250? More? Nobody will offer the $800 (maybe a little more?) they generally go for with an asking price that high.

The reduced price of $1050 is still more than you're going to get by a a bit

THIS site probavbly IS the best place to sell them.
I guess I am looking for a buyer looking at paying Jesse for new cases. We are after all talking about six month old cases that are in as new condition. If they were used up I would understand the assumption that my asking price was high. Thanks for your input but I will keep them before selling them for 800. GH
Old 01-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
vtbob
wanderer

Oddometer: 502
Yep your price is too high

FWIW a couple of year a go I bought a set of 10 inch Odessy "demo" cases and brand new mounts from Explor Motor (then the Jesse exclusive retailer) for $750. the case had been use in some show and had huge Jesse decal that I had to peal off or look at forever...otherwise perfect.
vtbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
I I will keep them before selling them for 800. GH
Then keep them.
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

I will re list them for $300 shipped. That is the least I can do for the dedicated inmates here. I am desparate and selling them may mean I survive another couple of days. GH

GH41 screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 04:49 PM
Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I will re list them for $300 shipped. That is the least I can do for the dedicated inmates here. GH
They're worth what they're worth. "The least" you could do is accept it and not be a dick about it.

I'd love to sell my "like new" Micatech cases for $1300 before selling my bike, but there wouldn't be any interest if I asked that price. It is what it is
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
They're worth what they're worth. "The least" you could do is accept it and not be a dick about it.

I'd love to sell my "like new" Micatech cases for $1300 before selling my bike, but they would never sell if I asked that price.
Just another guy that doesn't have a bike the cases fit. It is amusing... I think I am batting a thousand at this place! GH
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Just another guy that doesn't have a bike the cases fit.
What's your point?
I'm planning on getting a new bike for a South America trip starting in oct and the F800 is on my short list, along with a couple of Honda twins.
Used boxes at new prices didn't make my list at all.

Jesse cases are Jesse cases. You see them in the flea market regularly, and they go for the same price reguardless of which bike they're for. ($700-$900) Yours are no different. They're aluminum boxes. You ignored several rules with your FM ad (no price in the first one, excessive bumping in the second) and now you're being bitchy here. You should stop it
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
What's your point?
I'm planning on getting a new bike for a South America trip starting in oct and the F800 is on my short list, along with a couple of Honda twins.
Used boxes at new prices didn't make my list at all.

Jesse cases are Jesse cases. You see them in the flea market regularly, and they go for the same price reguardless of which bike they're for. ($700-$900) Yours are no different. They're aluminum boxes. You ignored several rules with your FM ad (no price in the first one, excessive bumping in the second) and now you're being bitchy here. You should stop it
I love this place! The guys with Volkswagons bitch about BMW prices! I started this thread trying to find a place to sell my stuff... The village idiots are telling me how little it is worth! I wonder who far you have to go to get banned here???? GH
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,154
Can we get this right before it is getting out of hands?

For those who will stumble on this thread with the same question:

Flea market

For the others can we get back to basics and talk about bikes, RR aso?

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #12
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I love this place! The guys with Volkswagons bitch about BMW prices!
I haven't observed that in the 6-7 years I've been hanging around. If you're refering to me, I ride a r12gs
I started this thread trying to find a place to sell my stuff... The village idiots are telling me how little it is worth!
You started out in the right place, with the biggest audience for your goods on the 'net. You failed Why do YOU suppose that is? As for "village idiots", there are several people who spend quite a bit of time in the FM and snap up things that are grossly underpriced and sell for profit. For ME to have bought your bags, you would have had to be asking about $650 for me to make a profit. At $850, somebody who wanted them for themselves would have bought them by now. At $1050 or more, nobody will bother to contact you (as you've discovered) and this is with the biggest audience you're going to find.
I wonder who far you have to go to get banned here???? GH
Getting banned is pretty simple, really. Post pix of boobs, insult family, threaten, or "bait" a mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Can we get this right before it is getting out of hands?

For those who will stumble on this thread with the same question:

Flea market

For the others can we get back to basics and talk about bikes, RR aso?
If you can't sell something in the ADV Flea Market, YOU can't sell it. Period.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,305
Quote:
I will re list them for $300 shipped. That is the least I can do for the dedicated inmates here. I am desparate and selling them may mean I survive another couple of days. GH
$300 shipped? I call dibs
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Go to the flea market, if they are used but like new I would sell for a few hundred less than they are worth new. I think $1k is a good asking price for nice new luggage.
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
GH41 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
Go to the flea market, if they are used but like new I would sell for a few hundred less than they are worth new. I think $1k is a good asking price for nice new luggage.
Thanks runnin but I have tried there. I don't blame people for not wanting to pay 2/3s retail if they want to trash them off road but Jesse wouldn't be in business if people didn't buy new cases. That is the guy I am looking for. GH