ADK OP
abluted

Oddometer: 8,175
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailing Jack View Post
Proves nothing.
Millsaps is redesigned.
This. He's healthy and seems motivated. I hope he can keep it up all season.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #527
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Proves nothing.
Millsaps is redesigned.
Where did the Yamahas finish? Both had to race in via LCQ.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #528
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbever View Post
I doubt it is five extra pounds this year since the new 2013 motor eliminated the casting for the kick starter.
And, in case you haven't heard.....Dungey has an air shock.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #529
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Nothing New!

A pure pneumatic shock may be interesting.....let's see....BMW couldn't do it with the HP2 small volume involved

We removed our fork springs in the early 70's and installed shrader valves in place with mixed results due to the air heating / expanding thus increasing our "spring" rating as we rode

My Suzuki 1978 1/2 RM250 C2 had weaker metal springs that you would tune with air pressure to achieve optimum.....only OEM setup I can remember, actually worked if you could work with very small pressure adjustments needed with a special tool and use inert gas which expand less with rising temps and had cross over tubes to balance pressure

Shocks have a significant less volume to work with...perhaps they have copied Suzuki with convential spring and pneumatics

I ride off road only anymore, and only want a tuned spring suspension for me only....I would be suprised to see the new MX pneumatic suspensions around in 3 years...marketing gimmick

TooFast screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 05:56 PM
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #530
yzmaico
Slacker

Oddometer: 312
I heard the big improvement in current air suspension is a rebound air spring.

We only had compression in the old days.
yzmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #531
ADK OP
abluted

Eh?

Huh, apparently it's no joke... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.dmQ
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #532
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Huh, apparently it's no joke...
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #533
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 1,022
It will be interesting to see if KTM runs the air shock all season.

Makes me wish I kept my old Fox Air Shox from back in the day...
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #534
ADK OP
abluted

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen View Post
I don't pay much attention to the tech anymore. If it hasn't been mentioned here or racerxill.com I won't know about it.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #535
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,070
Somebody's air fork air shock crap will cause a points devastating DNF before the end of the season.

Why oh why?
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #536
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Preparate??

Importantly it probably should be a word. It makes sense. Proving once again he is the GOAT. Creating words that should exist but don't - yet.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #537
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Would you rather some bimbo who has no clue what they are talking about? Just like the NFL has done.
Well, let's see.... Michele Tofoya, Erin Andrews, Pam Oilver, Julie Alexandria, .... well, yes, I would rather see these than Rutledge.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #538
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,003
Quote:
Proves nothing.
Millsaps is redesigned.
roger that. he would have won on a bicycle last night that boy was getting it.

the more I thought about the race today, that was a damn baseball stadium. when you consider the 450's and how fast they come on, for them to ride that fast in that confined of an area - just incredible. I think it was RV they were watching in his heat race chasing Barcia, he (RV) was quadding/singleing one of the jump sections. WOW!

not much of a run, just hit it and go. as in airborne. man that was some race the bikes keep getting better and the riders keep getting more fine tuned and fit. what a combination. the Canard/Milsapps freight train had sparks coming off it and ash from the coal fires. those boys were on a mission! it was good to see them all congratulate Milsapps it must have been awesome for him to have Canard, Dungey, Reed, all taking the time to stop before they got off the track. I'm liking Reeds "nobody knows it but I'm in 4th and that ain't bad" ride. Maybe next week 3rd, too early to tell but assuming RV and JS aren't in too bad of shape hopefully we'll get weeks of this.

That Miss SX girl was actually pretty good in front of the camera, she don't lok half bad in a swimsuit either.

They never showed Barcia's wreck he lost quite a few spots, wonder how abd it was. I slept right through the LCQ's and woke up just as they were coming out of first turn for the Lites and then dozed at the end of the Lites and did the same thing for the 450's. Those starts are sick those guy are all dealing with the front wheel being in the air all the way down to the first turn god forbid someone lets off..

WOW WHAT A RACE!!
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #539
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Well, let's see.... Michele Tofoya, Erin Andrews, Pam Oilver, Julie Alexandria, .... well, yes, I would rather see these than Rutledge.

- Mark
Whoa, I was talking about not replacing Ricky C and Jeff Emig with someone to "look at" instead of "listen to". They might not be the best commentators for ability or style but, at least, they do know what they are talking about.

The quote below is what I was referring to without discussing the David Bailey part. (I did quote it with my statement....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
And speaking of Emig and RC... I'm surprised Speed has stuck with those guys for this long. They aren't very good broadcasters, and I don't think they've improved one bit over the last few seasons. I know they have street credit with their racing credentials, but man are they hard to listen to sometimes. Isn't there anybody else out there they could get? Hasn't David Bailey done some broadcasting work? If its him I'm thinking of, he was a pretty good announcer.
The individuals you mention above are fine. However, they, IMO, are interviewers not commentators. One asks prearranged questions on que while the other discusses content they are knowledgable about to fill in dead air.

Uller screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 11:58 PM
Uller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #540
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
That was a great night of racing.
I don't think anyone even thought of Millsaps.
Did he not finish last year in the #2 position? There was a TV feature on Millsaps a few months ago. He claimed he was with a new trainer and had a new mind set for this season. I've always been a fan of his (the underdog) but with 3 Ducks back in the picture I'm having a hard time figuring out who to root for. I'm also rooting for Malcolm in the 250's. His brother should retire while he still is remembered as the fastest man of the planet. Once James dropped Aldon Baker as his trainer his results have suffered. I feel he's riding on shear talent and just doesn't have the level of (super human) fitness it requires to stay upright at the speeds they are riding at (hence the injuries). I wish all the riders well and wish RC would get to the tailors and fix that ugly ass ill fitting Green jacket. The crappy commentators have always been a pet peeve of mine (Bring back David Bailey) and now with the addition of that idiot from Top Gear they have sunk to a new low.