Oddometer: 25,782
How 205 is this?
Breauxman Live:

Better do this before you go to bed...
DAKAR STAGE 3: BRIEFING
Liaison sections: 100 km
Special stage: 243 km

AT ERG, THE RALLY GOES ONE STAGE FURTHER

Tempers are likely to flare inside the vehicles, as the level of stress increases. The recently formed pairs will have passed a major test during the first one hundred kilometres. The South Americans have adopted the term “Erg”, which accurately describes the sequence of dunes that they will have to negotiate in the small hours. All the competitors who go over them without getting stuck, including those in the lead, will be able to proudly breathe a sigh of relief. Their first reward will be to take advantage of the route along the seafront on the second half of the special stage. But the respite will be short-lived, as the tracks they will take at the end of the stage will also require skill and vigilance.

Night all

Stagehand screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 10:19 PM
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #2042
Gunner45
Out on the trail

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
is a term of endearment. It means that you agree completely with the poster above.
Yea, I know I was just kidding around with him. Sometimes its hard get the tone right in a post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #2043
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
Sometimes its hard get the tone right in a post

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #2044
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 2,012
Anyone found a video clip of Robby losing the plot with full sound, I have searched you tube, I know it was on French TV uncensored , gotta be worth a repeat, he loses it so well.
KTM 690 EFI Idiots Guide
KTM 690 Troubleshooting Guide
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #2045
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,853
Lets keep this simple.

Anyone who wants to donate to the Manny fund can Paypal to - edited, because we hit the goal! -. This is my business account, I'll pay the fees as you can't donate (no pp fees) to a business, that's ok. Please put "Manny" in the subject.

When we hit $1400-$100 (my donation)=$1300, I'll refund anything after that and make sure Dave gets Manuel the cash. Will post a total as we get close.

Sound good?

I love adv.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.

neduro screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 05:59 AM
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #2046
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
How not to treat your co-driver: Robby throwing his helmet at Kellon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
yeah France 4 had the un-bleeped version. I lost track of how many "fuck"s were used. Some bad mojo in that cockpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Cut to Peterhansel praising his co-driver. Take note Robbie
+100

Stefan and JP... over 10 years together (six wins)... By comparison RG changes co-driver as the rule - not exception. Anyone ever recall seeing Peterhansel an Cottret fighting (no?), but they get compromised on thr route sometimes (yes?... but work at it as a team).... anyone recall JP and Stefan inder the Mitsubishi T1 Proto a few years back, methodically replacing the driveshaft... no swearing, no excuses for the camera how much they would be leading by... "if only we hadn't..."

Six titles from 12 attempts (together) vs ZERO from 7... much of competing at DAKAR is about attitudes and how you approach the race... not just material and showboating...

Interesting comparison of perspectives... but perhaps not the kind of thing for a "fan thread!...?

"What ees all 'zis f5uss about...?"
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #2047
Wyvern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin View Post
Anyone found a video clip of Robby losing the plot with full sound, I have searched you tube, I know it was on French TV uncensored , gotta be worth a repeat, he loses it so well.

Ohh heck yes ... and as a RG hate person ...must see. why don't the folks on "Planet Robbie" like me telling them they are F**ked ????
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #2048
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
He's leaping, and the net is appearing
so true, it's amazing to see the F5'ers step up and become his net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
How 205 is this?
Breauxman Live:

Better do this before you go to bed...
DAKAR STAGE 3: BRIEFING
Liaison sections: 100 km
Special stage: 243 km

AT ERG, THE RALLY GOES ONE STAGE FURTHER

Tempers are likely to flare inside the vehicles, as the level of stress increases. The recently formed pairs will have passed a major test during the first one hundred kilometres. The South Americans have adopted the term “Erg”, which accurately describes the sequence of dunes that they will have to negotiate in the small hours. All the competitors who go over them without getting stuck, including those in the lead, will be able to proudly breathe a sigh of relief. Their first reward will be to take advantage of the route along the seafront on the second half of the special stage. But the respite will be short-lived, as the tracks they will take at the end of the stage will also require skill and vigilance.
the official pics here, stolen from the dakar ios app:

Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #2049
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
Gooooooooooooood morning Pisco - Nazca.

Wow too many friggin pages, too much to catch up on.

Got an SMS from Westy last night, his Sherco spat its header loose, so he manhandled it back into place, good thing titanium cools off quickly. Lost a fair amount of time and a fair amount of hearing too.

Got to work today so steady on the pages.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #2050
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin View Post
I have the awesome France 4 broadcast downloaded, but I'd have to edit it to clip out the Robby FYFF part. Not this eve anyway, but maybe somebody else can beat me to it.

Man, ROBBBEEEEEE GOORRRRDDDOOONN is PISSED!!

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #2051
Yamezz
Suffers from MBS

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
...(my donation)=$1300...
You're a generous fellow, Ned.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #2052
Dekatria
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Oddometer: 939
I'm losing my respect for RG this way. It's already a shambles he's 50 mins behind after just two (!) stages, but you can at least treat your teammates with respect.
Dekatria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #2053
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,483
[QUOTE=8340SU;20413881]Fuel problems at the HRC team

Helder Rodrigues 15th in stage (+10 min32s) and 15th in General:
"In the beginning there was a lot of dust, but the dunes I tried to recover many positions. At one point in the stage, was third and I forced myself to the end to ensure a good result. however, 4 km to the end, I ran out of fuel and had to wait for the Pizzolito help me. I was disappointed, but the Dakar is still long. "
Johnny Campbell 33 in step (+19 min53s), 35th in General:
"It was a step 100% sand, with some dunes difficult and very steep at the back. I had to be careful with gasoline. How many of us lost some precious time at kilometer 74 to validate the waypoint. then found the right direction and passed several riders. stopped to help Juan Carlos (Salvatierra), Honda rider in Bolivia and then continued. at km 30 was a good race among five drivers. We were passing each other. "
Javier Pizzolito 49th in step (27min05s) and 39 in General:
"I liked the dunes, so it was a good step for me. Made a navigational error at kilometer 79, which made
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #2054
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,034
Quote:
Lets keep this simple.

Anyone who wants to donate to the Manny fund can Paypal to sales@motopeak.com. This is my business account, I'll pay the fees as you can't donate (no pp fees) to a business, that's ok. Please put "Manny" in the subject.

When we hit $1400-$100 (my donation)=$1300, I'll refund anything after that and make sure Dave gets Manuel the cash. Will post a total as we get close.

Sound good?

I love adv.
Just sent some dinero. GO MANUEL!

Thanks for handling this Ned!
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #2055
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,782
Quote:
Lets keep this simple.

Anyone who wants to donate to the Manny fund can Paypal to sales@motopeak.com. This is my business account, I'll pay the fees as you can't donate (no pp fees) to a business, that's ok. Please put "Manny" in the subject.

Sound good?

I love adv.
commitment is power

From HRC FB:

Dakar race report- Johnny Campbell
Stage 2.
85km liaison
242km special (race portion).
Today started with an early 5am wake up and start riding at 6am for a short 50mile road section (liaison).
Followed by a 153 mile special.
Last night the camp was hopping with locals just outside the fence with truck revs and fireworks going off at random times and an occasional car alarm? What the heck? So sleep was a little off. At the end of the liaison they had a bike refueling setup prior to the special start area. We had enough time to go #2 and meet some spectators. Off the start we started 2x2 back where I started anyway, and I quickly put a wheel forward on my Aussie bro that started next to me. Good thing cause it was dusty an was filled with dangerous rocks for about 30km. After the course turned more northerly into the dunes. The dunes pretty much lasted the entire stage which I like because we never get to race stuff like that back home. The track was filled with waypoints with a kind of seek and destroy ploting. At Km74 everyone seemed to get confused as the way point seemed to not be there. I have learned from previous mistakes that some times it is best to stop and get your bearings rather than just ride off and waste fuel and time. Once I felt confident I took off in the direction that seemed most logical, and surely the waypoint popped up. Unfortunately I did loose some time but didn't get lost and waste more time and precious fuel. My road book had stopped working for some reason so I chose to scroll manually rather than take time to diagnose the problem. I lost some time because of it but just rode my pace and didn't get to anxious as we still have 4900 miles and 13 days of riding left! The dunes became more fun the last 20km as I caught up to a few riders then a couple caught up to us! We had a five way battle going on! Pretty epic to say the least. My finish on the stage was 33rd and put me 35th in overall standings. Ironically, that is the same position I was in on the second day of the 2001 Dakar rally in Africa where I finish 8th OA that year. Just some fun facts for all my homies and fans back in the States.
The bike is working well and we continue to make adjustments as we gain confidence with the bike.
Tomorrows stage will be another sandy stage with an actual beach run. I will pop a wheelie on the La Playa for my Rip brothers on a different Continent!
Total Kms for the stage will be 242 plus another 80km liaison to finish up in Nazca.
Love to all,
Johnny

Also: Breauzman Live now getting info from Hogwild Newswires

Stagehand screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 10:53 PM
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote