ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #436
jc9995
Commuting BEAST :)
 
jc9995's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsinkris View Post
Thanks JC9995!

Hey, how did you mount yours to your 650gs?
I made some brackets that hang from the bottom of my crash bars. I didn't care for it though and just drilled a hole in the side of the plastic shrouds. Getto...but I wanted them tucked in as far as possible.
__________________
"We cant solve our problems with the same thinking that created them"...Einstein
jc9995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #437
bash3r
Beastly Adventurer
 
bash3r's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Wentzville, MO
Oddometer: 1,684
These M10s are on my list!! Save me a kit :)
__________________
08' Yamaha WR250R
09' Yamaha WR250F

My ADV Website
| ADV Legends |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #438
Charrito
Adventurer
 
Charrito's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 80
Holy shit that was fast! Got them today! THANKS!!!
Charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #439
Charrito
Adventurer
 
Charrito's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 80
Where are you guys mounting the switch? I want to make sure it stays clear of rainwater, etc...
Charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #440
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....
 
goodcat8's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrito View Post
Where are you guys mounting the switch? I want to make sure it stays clear of rainwater, etc...
Depends on the bike I suppose. Mines front top of the fuel tank where my wee has a plastic plate thing.
__________________
2014 Triumph Scrambler
Prior: 3rd Battalion - 6th Marines - 2nd Marine Division - Lima Company - 2nd Platoon - 0311
goodcat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #441
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BrittC's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Westmont, IL
Oddometer: 224
Mounted the lights and tested them. So far so good.





Please ignore the frozen bottle of washer fluid in the background. Damn you winter!!
__________________
2002 Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
2007 Kawasaki KLR 650
1984 Honda Sabre VF700S
http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #442
Charrito
Adventurer
 
Charrito's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
Depends on the bike I suppose. Mines front top of the fuel tank where my wee has a plastic plate thing.
It's a Tiger 800...I'm thinking of the same thing, the plastic piece on the front of the tank. I think it is less exposed there than mounted on the bars somewhere. Unless I could seal it or waterproof it without damaging the button.
Charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #443
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrito View Post
Where are you guys mounting the switch? I want to make sure it stays clear of rainwater, etc...
The switch will hold up to rain. Its not waterproof and I wouldnt submerge it, but like the controls on your handlebars, a little rain now and then shouldnt be an issue.

The lights run on very low DC current and ive used this type of switch (in rain) for years without issue.

If you are really concerned or anticipate lots of rain or moisture, there are silicone sprays that dry and disperse water (be sure its safe for plastic). They can be messy so if you opt to use a spray, I wouldnt do it with the switch on the bike (overspray).

thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains

The Toad screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 10:40 AM
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #444
mattmus4357
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA, North America, Earth
Oddometer: 621
Hey Brian, any word on when the MM12's will be in? Thanks
mattmus4357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #445
Charrito
Adventurer
 
Charrito's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
The switch will hold up to rain. Its not waterproof and I wouldnt submerge it, but like the controls on your handlebars, a little rain now and then shouldnt be an issue.

The lights run on very low DC current and ive used this type of switch (in rain) for years without issue.

If you are really concerned or anticipate lots of rain or moisture, there are silicone sprays that dry and disperse water (be sure its safe for plastic). They can be messy so if you opt to use a spray, I wouldnt do it with the switch on the bike (overspray).

thanks,
-Brian

Thanks Brian...I don't want to mess with spray as I've already wired the bike. I'll mount the switch near the front of the tank, it should be OK.

I'll post pics of the whole setup once the brackets arrive in a couple of days.
Charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #446
Wisconsinkris
Adventurer
 
Wisconsinkris's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 81
Question on the provided switch,

I assume it is 12v. But what is the amp rating?
Wisconsinkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #447
Wisconsinkris
Adventurer
 
Wisconsinkris's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 81
I finally finished cleaning up the wiring.

I installed mine on the brackets that hold up my winglets by extending the forward bracket.










I didn't use the whole harness and ended up connecting the lights a fuzeblock I already had and added my own switch inline with the power to the lights. I mounted the switch to a bolt on the left handguard.





The result.....
Out the back yard....before and after





On the fence...before and after





View from oncoming....poor suckers gunna see me coming from a mile away....before and after






These lights are awsome. Can't go wrong with the quality as well as the price.
Wisconsinkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #448
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsinkris View Post
I finally finished cleaning up the wiring.

I installed mine on the brackets that hold up my winglets by extending the forward bracket.










I didn't use the whole harness and ended up connecting the lights a fuzeblock I already had and added my own switch inline with the power to the lights. I mounted the switch to a bolt on the left handguard.





The result.....
Out the back yard....before and after





On the fence...before and after





View from oncoming....poor suckers gunna see me coming from a mile away....before and after






These lights are awsome. Can't go wrong with the quality as well as the price.

Many thanks for the pics and review.

(The switch is rated @ 5amps)

-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #449
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,049
I like your above MM10 kit, with the small LED lights, wiring harness and switch!

You might want to add pics of it in your first post too!
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #450
SFC E
Adventurer
 
SFC E's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex_Army_RET View Post
Thanks for the prompt response! Hopefully you guys ship to Military APO addresses.

Drex
Received the MM10's in the mail today. Excellent quality! Now to find some time to install them.

Thanks!
SFC E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014