ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #2776
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
it is calf Orloff.

Calf with bacon and cheese...
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #2777
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
I prepare the Z to come in scotland...

__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #2778
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
ready to come Kam...



__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #2779
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Hello Kam

wish you a good year for 2013.

Good rides, good races, good wines, good beers, good foods, good friends, etc...

Just have fun and feel alive

__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #2780
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
back to the sport froggy...



__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #2781
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdon View Post
What a ride that all looked realy cool..
Cheers
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #2782
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Merry Christmas to you Kam, Sarah and all the gang, Best wishes also for 2013. Thanks again for this great thread, long may it continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
+1!!!

More to come soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Hello Kam

wish you a good year for 2013.

Good rides, good races, good wines, good beers, good foods, good friends, etc...

Just have fun and feel alive



Thanks guys... Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all too...sorry it's a bit late replying - we have been away down south visiting relatives for the holidays......

Back to work tomorrow.


ps. bubu - good to see you have been toasting the festive season with good food and wine......you will need that bicycle now to wear it all off!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #2783
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks guys... Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all too...sorry it's a bit late replying - we have been away down south visiting relatives for the holidays......

Back to work tomorrow.


ps. bubu - good to see you have been toasting the festive season with good food and wine......you will need that bicycle now to wear it all off!
Ohhhh yes i need the bicycle!!!!!

but i am waiting my GIXXER and after i will race again.

And soon will come in scotland.
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #2784
murder face
Adventurer
 
murder face's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, Kommifornia
Oddometer: 36
Thanks for posting up the great photos and writeups. I just found this thread a week ago and have been reading your thread a few pages at a time. I will definitely try taking some pictures like yours while out on some rides this year.

Anyway I just had a question about the deal with the police stopping the motorcyclists for small plates. What is going on here? are the guys trimming off letters from their license plates and making them smaller? or do you make your own license plates with your registered numbers and some people make them smaller than others. Sorry for my ignorance, it just caught me off guard as here we have two sizes, large and motorcycle.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your rides.
__________________
Chuck Norris once broke the land speed record on a bike that was missing its chain, left pedal and back tire.
murder face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #2785
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by murder face View Post
Thanks for posting up the great photos and writeups. I just found this thread a week ago and have been reading your thread a few pages at a time. I will definitely try taking some pictures like yours while out on some rides this year.

Anyway I just had a question about the deal with the police stopping the motorcyclists for small plates. What is going on here? are the guys trimming off letters from their license plates and making them smaller? or do you make your own license plates with your registered numbers and some people make them smaller than others. Sorry for my ignorance, it just caught me off guard as here we have two sizes, large and motorcycle.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your rides.
The deal with the police? In france, not deal, you pay the ticket!!!!

After for smaller plate, you can buy it on the web...
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #2786
murder face
Adventurer
 
murder face's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Santa Rosa, Kommifornia
Oddometer: 36
Thanks for answering my question. I was wondering what was going on. I wondered how can the police stop you if you have license plates on the motorcyles issued by the government. I guess if guys are buying ones off the internet then they are asking for a meet with the police.
__________________
Chuck Norris once broke the land speed record on a bike that was missing its chain, left pedal and back tire.
murder face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #2787
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by murder face View Post
Thanks for posting up the great photos and writeups. I just found this thread a week ago and have been reading your thread a few pages at a time. I will definitely try taking some pictures like yours while out on some rides this year.

Anyway I just had a question about the deal with the police stopping the motorcyclists for small plates. What is going on here? are the guys trimming off letters from their license plates and making them smaller? or do you make your own license plates with your registered numbers and some people make them smaller than others. Sorry for my ignorance, it just caught me off guard as here we have two sizes, large and motorcycle.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your rides.

Thanks for that ..Glad you are enjoying the thread. ....it will be a little quiet now 'till spring...so you have plenty of time to 'catch up'

As for the small number plates. Most bikes have the regulation size plates ..as otherwise you will get 'pulled' by the police and given a 30 fine every time you get stopped. If you don't do a lot of miles each year you might consider having a small plate and risking the odd fine ..but if you ride regularly it isn't worth the hassle / cost.
Anyone can get a small plate made up at a number plate makers (or on-line) these are sold as 'show plates' and are sold to you as 'not suitable for road use'.


The standard regulation legal plates must use a precise size and style of font and the spaces between the letters must be a certain size. I have seen police measuring this with rulers and 'templates' on bikes they have stopped on some occasions!

Info on the UK plate regulation sizes here :-

http://www.newreg.co.uk/services/dvl...ic_plate_rules
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #2788
CuberBob
Starter
 
CuberBob's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks for that ..Glad you are enjoying the thread. ....it will be a little quiet now 'till spring...so you have plenty of time to 'catch up'

As for the small number plates. Most bikes have the regulation size plates ..as otherwise you will get 'pulled' by the police and given a 30 fine every time you get stopped. If you don't do a lot of miles each year you might consider having a small plate and risking the odd fine ..but if you ride regularly it isn't worth the hassle / cost.
Anyone can get a small plate made up at a number plate makers (or on-line) these are sold as 'show plates' and are sold to you as 'not suitable for road use'.


The standard regulation legal plates must use a precise size and style of font and the spaces between the letters must be a certain size. I have seen police measuring this with rulers and 'templates' on bikes they have stopped on some occasions!

Info on the UK plate regulation sizes here :-

http://www.newreg.co.uk/services/dvl...ic_plate_rules
What I learned is that in the UK, ulike the states, the plates can be made by any authorized dealer. (And the dealer often has a small "advert" on the bottom of the plates.

Kam, here in the "Free States" the government issues the plates. Even if you want personalized plates, they make them. That's where the confusion creapt in for me. Didn't understand how folks could have a dealer's name ont he plate, but it still be legal (here those are temporary tags until you get your official state plate)
Perhaps that helps explain more?
__________________
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

2006 Concours

RIP -80 KZ750, 09 Ninja EX500
CuberBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #2789
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
more pictures from my last endurance Race





agressive breaking



enter fast, out faster



__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #2790
TerryK
Ulysses
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: adelaide South Australia
Oddometer: 1,617
So hows the weather in Scotland right now....43c here in Adelaide South Australia today.

Cheers Terry
__________________
Triumph Scrambler Blue & White
Triumph Thruxton Red
Yamaha TT-R250

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014