ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #196
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
When they say they want original statements they mean if you copy Ned's notes and send it to them they will disregard it, so read what Ned has to say, but use your own words in your memo.

And add your own thoughts!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #197
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post

And add your own thoughts!
I did, and sent
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #198
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,796
I think I posted a while back that I would be at the January CMTRA meeting so I could introduce any newcomers to the club - well, the day after the meeting I realized I missed it, sorry.

February's meeting is tomorrow night at Thunder and Buttons in Old Colorado City and I will be there if anyone else wants to come. 6:15 is you want to eat, 7:00 if you just want to join the meeting.

Thunder and Buttons II
2415 West Colorado Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719) 447-9888
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #199
Junglerot
Hodor!

Oddometer: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
I think I posted a while back that I would be at the January CMTRA meeting so I could introduce any newcomers to the club - well, the day after the meeting I realized I missed it, sorry.

February's meeting is tomorrow night at Thunder and Buttons in Old Colorado City and I will be there if anyone else wants to come. 6:15 is you want to eat, 7:00 if you just want to join the meeting.

Thunder and Buttons II
2415 West Colorado Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719) 447-9888
Also, we now have online club registration on the CMTRA website here.
I know we've had some complaints about our online presence in the past, and we're working on them. This is one huge step forward.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #200
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

The monthly CMTRA meeting is tomorrow night and it sounds like there will be some decent information on Bear Creek.

JOIN US
(Please Renew Your Membership for 2013)

What: CMTRA Monthly Club Meeting
When: March 13th, 2013 (2nd Wednesday of the Month)
6:15pm Social Dinner – 7pm Meeting – 8:30pm Close
Where: Thunder and Buttons – 2415 West Colorado Ave – Old Colorado City

Meeting Agenda

• Social Dinner & Video
• Welcome
• Treasurers Report
• Membership & Donation Updates—THANKS to all of the members at the February meeting for their donations to help fund the Bear Creek trail planning re-route work by Drew Stoll(Great Outdoors Consultants.com). At the meeting we collected $535.00 from members, with a generous match of $425.00 from Rick Dunagan & Family. Hats off to everybody! This puts us just that much closer to paying Drew in full.
• Presentation by Drew Stoll-Great Outdoors Consultants.com, showing proposed trail re-routes.
• On-going business—Round Table for Bear Creek/ Capt. Jacks re-route was held Monday 5pm-7pm. Bill Alspach will talk more about this.
• Special THANKS to Dennis Heitzman for his help in getting our COHVCO memberships put into their system, they had quite a back log.
• Club Trail Stewards:
Updates on Land Issues

Next Meeting: April 10th, 2013 See you Wednesday!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #201
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,482
FYI:

The U.S. Forest Service is holding an open house on their proposal for trails and access in the Bear Creek watershed. The open house is Thursday, April 4, 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, at the Leon Young Service Center for CS Utilities, Pikes Peak Room, 1521 Hancock Expressway.

The proposal would affect all user groups, hikers, bikers, equestrians, and motorized users. The Forest Service is seeking comments from all users.

The proposed changes are in response to the issues surrounding the greenback cutthroat trout in Bear Creek. Under the proposal, the Forest Service would close a total of 6.4 miles of trails and re-route some of these by constructing 2.9 miles of new trails. Trails affected by closures include trails 666, 667, 668, 701, 720A and 622A. Theses closures would be to all users. The proposal also converts 0.6 miles of non-motorized trail on Seven Bridges, 622, to motorized use.

The current ban prohibiting camping and campfires in the watershed would become long-term, and access would be restricted to on-route only.

As you can see, these changes would affect all trail users. The Forest Service wants your comments. Please try to attend the open house, 4 to 9 pm, Thurs, April 4.
It's an open house, so you can stop by, learn more, and provide your thoughts anytime in the 5 hours, and stay as short or as long as you want.

You can find the assessment, maps of current trails and the proposed system, and other information on the USFS web site at:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/psicc/home/?cid=STELPRDB5397304
Links for the documents and maps are at the bottom of that page.

You can also go to the USFS web page for the Pike and San Isabel Forests, scroll to the bottom, and find the link for the Bear Creek Watershed Assessment

http://www.facebook.com/groups/62658...group_activity

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #202
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
The proposal would affect all user groups, hikers, bikers, equestrians, and motorized users. The Forest Service is seeking comments from all users.
Thanks for posting this, Carl.

I was not able to attend the last CMTRA meeting, but I got updates from a friend who was there. It turns out the lawsuit has big demands on CO Springs utilities like rerouting underground pipelines. So the city will be shutting down trails to everyone in hopes of getting more user groups on board with fighting the lawsuit.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #203
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,330
Is there an email we can send too, I'll be out of town then.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #204
neduro
Addict

Want to reiterate the importance of this meeting.

Quote:
The U.S. Forest Service is holding an open house on their proposal for trails and access in the Bear Creek watershed. The open house is Thursday, April 4, 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, at the Leon Young Service Center for CS Utilities, Pikes Peak Room, 1521 Hancock Expressway.
The best case scenario is for a strong turnout of articulate motorized users, who recognize that the proposed alternative is actually FAIR to us. Leaving the trail as-is wasn't on the table, of the alternatives that we could be looking at, this is as good as it gets.

In my opinion, the FS has done their best to respect our sport and our contributions to the trail, and also to treat all user groups fairly, and also to protect the habitat. I see this combination as rare and laudable and something that we need to support!

Modette- shoot me a PM and I'll send you email addresses. Not going to post them here because people who are in town should do their damndest to make the meeting in person!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #205
neduro
Addict

And again! Really hope some of YFFs will be there. I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Service
The Pikes Peak Ranger District is seeking the public's input on proposed changes to travel management and recreation activities, and proposed stream habitat improvement actions in the Bear Creek Watershed Restoration Project area.

As part of the scoping process for this project, the public can provide comments by mail, fax, or email to:
Bear Creek Watershed Restoration Project
Pikes Peak Ranger District
601 S. Weber Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(719) 477-4233 fax
bcc@fs.fed.us

Comments will also be accepted at the Open House held on Thursday, April 4th, 2013 from 4:00 - 9:00 p.m. at the Leon Young Service Center (1521 Hancock Expressway, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903).

Comments on this project will be most useful if received no later than April 30, 2013. Only those individuals who provide comment or otherwise express interest by the close of the comment period may be eligible to appeal or object to the decision pursuant to regulations at 36 CFR Part 215 or 36 CFR Part 218. Comments received in response to this solicitation, including names and addresses of those who comment, will be considered part of the public record on this proposed action and will be available for public inspection.

Please see attached documents for details on the upcoming Open House and a summary of the proposed action.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #206
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
And again! Really hope some of YFFs will be there. I will!
I will definitely be there! Having an opportunity to watch other UG's squirm? Oh yea, definitely in...
Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #207
Junglerot
Hodor!

4pm-9pm is a long time span, is there a time in particular that we would be best off showing up?
Old 03-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #208
neduro
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglerot View Post
4pm-9pm is a long time span, is there a time in particular that we would be best off showing up?
I'll be there early on, register my comments, and head out. Come whenever is good for your schedule, in my experience they take a poll of the comments received on the night, we need to have a good number of positive ones. It's less a show of force and more making sure that they know people see the effort they have taken to do the right thing and be fair, and that they are supported in that going forward.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #209
Junglerot
Hodor!

Quote:
I'll be there early on, register my comments, and head out. Come whenever is good for your schedule, in my experience they take a poll of the comments received on the night, we need to have a good number of positive ones. It's less a show of force and more making sure that they know people see the effort they have taken to do the right thing and be fair, and that they are supported in that going forward.
Perfect, thanks Ned.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #210
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,482
I was up there today, and at least lower captain jack's appears to still be open to everyone except motorcycles.

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote