ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #121
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 515
Slappy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
SLAP money in.......
Hey, are you trailering or riding down? Whats you plan once there? I am trying to verify with the employer that I can get those days off. I feel optimistic!
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #122
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
As long as the weather is good we will be riding. Last year 3 of us rode down and met a 4th there that trailered. You don't need to worry about plans or food, just bring a tent and bag to sleep in. Did the klr last year, might take the tiger this year. If you have a small bike take the trailer, its a long ride down. There are mutiple guided routes depending on what type of ride you want. Sorry we missed you at fast eddies, plenty of time to meet up.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #123
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
As long as the weather is good we will be riding. Last year 3 of us rode down and met a 4th there that trailered. You don't need to worry about plans or food, just bring a tent and bag to sleep in. Did the klr last year, might take the tiger this year. If you have a small bike take the trailer, its a long ride down. There are mutiple guided routes depending on what type of ride you want. Sorry we missed you at fast eddies, plenty of time to meet up.
I'd be riding down the xr650l, just didn't know about how much gear to pack, I've seen "Bigdogs" video on what he packs for different rides. I want to pack light, but I don't want to give Wal-Mart anymore Benjamins.
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #124
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
I'd be riding down the xr650l, just didn't know about how much gear to pack, I've seen "Bigdogs" video on what he packs for different rides. I want to pack light, but I don't want to give Wal-Mart anymore Benjamins.
You can ride down with Dave G and his KLR, slow and steady.
Great bike to have once you get there. But that seat, oh my....

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #125
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,334
Riding Wednesday, anybody want to tag along?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #126
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Went to Pocahontas Mo for some grub Saturday. Nice ride there, pretty girls at the Bayou and a long wet ride home. Never trust the weather man.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #127
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Friday Eagles!

With a cast on my left arm it is a bit difficult to ride a bike, but not hard to take a road trip to Pere Marquette with Dave G. to find some eagles on Friday. We started out seeing a few at the dam/tourist area in W. Alton on the Mo. side. We then went up to the top of Pere Marquette and there were eagles everywhere riding the thermals. At one time we had 5 circling us and they were quite chatty, very cool.

Darren

*It's a KLR, I'll catch up*
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #128
toondebt11
ADVRIDERKEVIN

Oddometer: 331
Time

Time for a BUMP
Time to start thinking of Bridges! and Riding!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858276
I B A # 42258
toondebt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #129
joker64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Hello everone I just found your thread . Nice to see some locals ADVers . I'm a little new to the dualsport riding . i'm hoping to do some trips this summer maybe the dragons tail ( maybe with out getting ticketed this time ! sorry officer was I relly doing 55 ? ) . my wife , grandson and I are thinking about going to teluride co. I'll do some of the passes with my GS . I'm on long weekend starting FEB 1st and thinking of doing some riding down around pine hills . IF any of you guys have a rides planed and don't mind a tag along I'm open . I didn't think we had a lot of spots to ride around here put after reading this thread I see we have more then i know about . Well hope to meet up with some of you and get some off roadIing in .
joker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #130
toondebt11
ADVRIDERKEVIN

Oddometer: 331
welcome

Welcome aboard! Lots of great rides this summer!
Check out the swinging bridges ride here...
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858276

Also check out the Missouri ADV riders here...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...37413&page=468

Hope to see you on the trail this summer!
I B A # 42258
toondebt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #131
joker64
Gnarly Adventurer

I have ben looking at the swinging brigde and slap ride . I don't camp much any more and never off a bike . I'm hoping to do a Alaska trip in the next year or two . so I'll need to get some gear together and find out what I'll need and what I don't . I'm hoping to meet more ADVers and find out how thay do it . The hardest part will the sleeping . A fat man with a bad back sleeping on the ground = a long night . But I have to start somewhere I can't fix the back I can work on the fat man part . It'll make the 650gs happy too .
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #132
Wibbs
TopNotchTurdHerder

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker64 View Post
I have ben looking at the swinging brigde and slap ride . I don't camp much any more and never off a bike . I'm hoping to do a Alaska trip in the next year or two . so I'll need to get some gear together and find out what I'll need and what I don't . I'm hoping to meet more ADVers and find out how thay do it . The hardest part will the sleeping . A fat man with a bad back sleeping on the ground = a long night . But I have to start somewhere I can't fix the back I can work on the fat man part . It'll make the 650gs happy too .
Hey joker64 I live real close to you in Holiday Shores, I'll send you a email!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #133
dwthump OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Holiday Shores

Wibbs,

I lived out at the shores in the late 70's when I was in high school. The fishing was great, most of the lakefront property owners hardly fish. A canoe was perfect, even gave you a bit of exercise. I had a Honda CL200 twin and knew every road within 20 miles.

Darren

dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #134
Wibbs
TopNotchTurdHerder

Oddometer: 14
Holiday Shores

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwthump View Post
Wibbs

I lived out at the shores in the late 70's when I was in high school. The fishing was great, most of the lakefront property owners hardly fish. A canoe was perfect, even gave you a bit of exercise. I had a Honda CL200 twin and knew every road within 20 miles.

Darren

I had a 1980 honda twinstar that I just sold last year, that I rode around holiday shores! I really enjoyed that little bike!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #135
joker64
Gnarly Adventurer

• I was riding around holiday shores the other day . I was taking the long way home from worlk .