User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #1666
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Im kiwi new to advrider but just so you know, I had more success transfering my truck license in QLD than in NSW I think QLD is more relaxed, Go in to a little back water RTA office and tell them you want a full bike/car license and a HC truck license, More than welcome to use my queensland address for licensing purposes if you like I will forward any mail to you
This is likely great advice, I'll have to make sure to take this into consideration. I'll let you know if I need a permanent address. Thanks!

Quote:
Big Al, if you need a place to stay when your up my way let me know. Plenty of room here.
Thanks Zoro! I'll definitely keep it in mind should I ever make it to Darwin! Awesome!

Quote:
Always nice when strangers across the world offer you a place to stay when solely basing their information about the person as "another motorcyclist".Good on you. I've had quite a few invitations over the years and although I didn't take anybody up on it (yet), it's always really appreciated.
Can't wait for the new ride report, Al!
Thanks for keeping up the reading, and taking part in the adventure for as long as you have. I've taken a few invitations thus far (while in the US) and hope to take advantage of a few more as well along my travels. It definitely adds to the experience!

Quote:
Hey Big Al, I'm glad you're heading out again, I look forward to your RR, we enjoyed the last one so much we are re-creating it right now (see blog link below). I'm sorry we never got to meet when we were both in Seattle. Donn and Deby
Keep up the good work Donn and Deby! Life is good on the road! I'm sure you're having a great time!

Quote:
A beer and bed here in the West Al keep us all posted of your travels
I do hope to make an effort to get to West Australia within my adventures. If I'm close by I'll let you know!

Quote:
Great RR! This has been a most entertaining read!! Like a few others, I read in a few intense marathon sessions. I should get a custom made racing saddle for my office desk
I'm looking forward to the next phase to begin in a few days but I think you should leave it on the same thread. I wanna see you hit 1mil views!!
Hey AXL! The first ride report rarely hits a million views! The second one may very well do it though! Compared to Horizons Unlimited where I have just under 95k views, the 750k views that this thread has is incredible! It'll hit a million views sometime next year as I'm riding through Australia. I might have to edit the first page though, and make a link to the page where this one starts. I'll take it into consideration, but you better get your custom racing saddle ready!
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1667
LOBOFOX
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Feliz aÑo amigo un abrazo

DIOS TE BENDIGA AMIGO! saludos desde Tampico, Tamaulipas Mexico! un abrazo y FELIZ AÑO 2013
LOBOFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #1668
Maverick75
Rat

Oddometer: 73
You should be near to departing for the best country on earth, bar none, mate! Good luck on the temperature differential; we're in the middle of somewhat of a heatwave, so the beer might be a bit limited, at least in the airport.

Looking forward to whatever you want to post of the new adventure and, as before if you're in the area, there's a bed and beer here.

(No, we're not obsessed with beer.)
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #1669
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick75 View Post
You should be near to departing for the best country on earth, bar none, mate! Good luck on the temperature differential; we're in the middle of somewhat of a heatwave, so the beer might be a bit limited, at least in the airport.
Looking forward to whatever you want to post of the new adventure and, as before if you're in the area, there's a bed and beer here.
(No, we're not obsessed with beer.)
Hey Maverick! We're soon to be departing one of the best countries on earth for another of the best, and we're excited! It's below freezing at night and in the morning, and just above freezing during the day. We're ready for double to triple the temps. We'll be, O.k.... Mostly. If we make it near Toowoomba, we'll claim those beers and possibly the bed!

Quote:
LOBOFOX
Feliz aÑo amigo un abrazo
DIOS TE BENDIGA AMIGO! saludos desde Tampico, Tamaulipas Mexico! un abrazo y FELIZ AÑO 2013
Gracias por los saludos amigo! Mi novia y yo estamos viajando a Australia por un ano mas o menos. Salimos esta miercoles! Espero que tienes un feliz ano tambien! Abrazos para ti!

--Alex
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #1670
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Ahoy!!!

T MINUS 24 HOURS to go!

The plan still remains the same! Kristi and I will leave Everett at 7am to be driven up to the Vancouver, BC airport by my lovely Mom, where upon she'll drop us off and then head off to visit her brother/my uncle. We should arrive by or before 10am. The flight is at 12 o'clock pm. (Noon).

I haven't packed yet. I do everything last minute anyway. Kristi was packed last month.

We fly via Shanghai to the Pudong International Airport. Vancouver to Pudong =12hrs 15min. We then have a 3hr 45min layover. From Pudong we fly to Sydney = 10hr 40min.

If all goes as planned, we will arrive in Sydney at 10am on Friday the 18th, having gained 19hrs. Josh the Aussie, by now a good friend of mine will hopefully be at the airport to collect us at 11am, having picked up our luggage by that time. Then we're off and rolling.

Life is good. I hope I find a job.

Oh, by the way. I anchored Kristi for the long haul, last Thursday (the 10th), and asked he to marry me. She's mine now! (Pics or it doesn't count)

--Alex
Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #1671
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,925
Congratulations BigAl!!!!

I'm looking forward to your new adventures, that's plural!
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 01:48 PM
sTE610vE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #1672
JakeS
Yup

Oddometer: 469
Congrats and good luck
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #1673
ADVwnbe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Congrats and good travels

How could she say no with a view like Deception Pass!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #1674
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,245
That's awesome Alex!!

Best wishes to your new life.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #1675
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,217
Congratulations!!!

afraid she falls for the aussie accent?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #1676
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 629
Congratulations to you both

Is the anchor heavy? Haha
Can't wait fore this adventure!
Have fun u two!......

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #1677
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,372
Those are long flights. Bring books.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #1678
Ganjora
class A bollockser

Oddometer: 145
excellent news BigAl.
Ganjora is offline   Reply With Quote