Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
John65 OP
D Ol Man

Oddometer: 1,385
Trans-Eastern Trail Florida section

I've never done a ride report, but since no one else seems to want to do one on the TET-S (Trans-Eastern-Trail, south), I decided to give it a try
The TET begins West of Roanoke VA, and runs down to Dillard GA, then starts a loop, going across north GA through Chattahoochee NF and into Alabama, through Talladega NF, continuing down east side of AL, into Florida (Jackson county), down to Carabelle FL, across north FL through Osceola NF, into SE Georgia, up to Augusta, into SC, back into GA, up to North Carolina, back into GA, where the loop is ended. The loop around GA is a little over 1300 miles, but we covered more like 1800, since we did it in 3 different rides.
In comparison to the first 800 miles of TAT (old route), This is overall the best ride, by far...

In August 2012, Larry (LJHRider) and I rode the Florida section. We had ridden the Alabama section earlier in the year on the way to Lynville TN to ride the 2nd 400 miles of the TAT. The Alabama portion of the route is mostly graded county roads except for the NF 500 which goes through the Taladega NF and I didn't get much video of that ride.

A few weeks after this Florida ride, we continued the TET loop around Georgia. Depending on how hard this report is, I may try one on the Georgia portion later.
TET Florida Section
TET Georgia Section

John65 screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 10:17 AM
John65 is offline   Reply With Quote