ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #3406
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer
 
Clancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Land of droughts, and flooding rains
Oddometer: 5,278
Looking for Faggoter, Smith, Grabham, Fish to make a forward move today. Fish could be called on for help again but barring that he should make up a bit of yesterday's lost time. Go Aussies.
__________________
And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended,
And at night the wondrous glory of the everlasting stars.
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #3407
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Don Hatton just tweeted:

The curse of the Dakar has struck again this was the best team and bike . I was hit by a race truck extensively damaging my bike I rode on

does that mean he's out?

Withdrawal List

new tweet:

my bike quit do the damage. I nursed it along but it quit 4 km the end of the special i did my best to repair was told at 1 am time was up

Bummer
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #3408
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
It seems like there a few of these deliberate ploys on the schedule - just as well HRC arn't fuelling up for the 429k special then
The HRC intelligence is not living up to it's name...

yamazaki sent the boys out last night to get the new rear fuel cells fitted...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John

"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen

"It's like deja vu all over again."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #3409
Flood
F5lood.
 
Flood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 10,161
@DTH58

my bike quit do the damage. I nursed it along but it quit 4 km the end of the special i did my best to repair was told at 1 am time was up
__________________
TEAM F5

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #3410
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr
 
orlando_orange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: A long way from home
Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
You caught that too ()... in car camera's... the jury get to view them too...
are we saying that the sainz in-car camera caught a sneaky spanish hand turning off the gps??
__________________
'09 G650 XC..... Veeeery sooon...
'91 S10 "Dirty Ol' B!tch"
orlando_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #3411
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr
 
orlando_orange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: A long way from home
Oddometer: 691
was the off verhoven was talking about in the post a while back the one where he flew off the top of that small dune and then stopped dead in the fesh fesh?? or did he have another one?
__________________
'09 G650 XC..... Veeeery sooon...
'91 S10 "Dirty Ol' B!tch"
orlando_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #3412
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,080
In car camera's... not just there for Carlton to comment on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_orange View Post
are we saying that the sainz in-car camera caught a sneaky spanish hand turning off the gps??
What we are referring to (assuming... it HAS happened before in recent years) that at some point (within the 24 hours after all the footage is collected sifted through) on occassions the FIA jury get a glimpse of something (most of the top 10 vehicles have lipstick cameras in them somewhere on many/most of the stages) that does not quite "gel" with the story lodged by a plaintiff...

That's all I'm sayin'...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John

"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen

"It's like deja vu all over again."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 01:17 AM Reason: the title explains it...
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #3413
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_orange View Post
was the off verhoven was talking about in the post a while back the one where he flew off the top of that small dune and then stopped dead in the fesh fesh?? or did he have another one?
I think it was another one, he mentioned rocks in the biggie IIRC
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #3414
BMottorrad
Ex-Rocketman
 
BMottorrad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton, Ab
Oddometer: 42
What are these links?? They don't work

BMottorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #3415
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMottorrad View Post
What are these links?? They don't work
Those are only for mobile devices (iPhones ipads etc), they open up a live tv stream
__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #3416
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Those are only for mobile devices (iPhones ipads etc), they open up a live tv stream

And they work great on the ipad - can go to bed and carry on F5ing
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #3417
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr
 
orlando_orange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: A long way from home
Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
What we are referring to (assuming... it HAS happened before in recent years) that at some point (within the 24 hours after all the footage is collected sifted through) on occassions the FIA jury get a glimpse of something (most of the top 10 vehicles have lipstick cameras in them somewhere on many/most of the stages) that does not quite "gel" with the story lodged by a plaintiff...

That's all I'm sayin'...
aahhh i seee...

i think i now know why the ASO gave sainz back the time - i did a bit of digging and found the in car footage that sainz supplied to the ASO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBvXJ09MsVs
__________________
'09 G650 XC..... Veeeery sooon...
'91 S10 "Dirty Ol' B!tch"
orlando_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #3418
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr
 
orlando_orange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: A long way from home
Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
I think it was another one, he mentioned rocks in the biggie IIRC
thought it must have been, cheers
__________________
'09 G650 XC..... Veeeery sooon...
'91 S10 "Dirty Ol' B!tch"
orlando_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #3419
Sylvia
vir sapit qui pauca loqui
 
Sylvia's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: taking pics
Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
The HRC intelligence is not living up to it's name...

yamazaki sent the boys out last night to get the new rear fuel cells fitted...

__________________
Slightly Orange

Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #3420
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_orange View Post
aahhh i seee...

i think i now know why the ASO gave sainz back the time - i did a bit of digging and found the in car footage that sainz supplied to the ASO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBvXJ09MsVs
Watch the Robbie vid - he explains it quite simply
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014