Stagehand screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 11:46 AM
Stagehand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #4172
XSpearsX
Dakar Widow

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
Our man Luis is still on the move, now thru WP5/CP1 +04:58:13.
Another loooooong day.
Watchng close!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #4173
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro View Post
to anyone having problems with france 4
just paste this in the network box on vlc

http://chunk-output-1.live.tv-radio.com/canalplus/android/index/1300/02.m3u8
Thanks!
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #4174
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
He's here:
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2013/us/s...ikes-time.html

How's the monitor doing up to now? Everything clear?
Monitor's doing great, very easy to follow position updates. Me likey!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #4175
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhat View Post
If for some reason you don't want to watch it completely, be sure to watch the last few seconds, I stopped recording just a bit too early

Awesome work.

this belongs in the Cliff Notes gentlemen
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #4176
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,543
I have to say...the video's from today...AWESOME! Stage 4 looks like the Dakar was taken to a whole new level and I'm loving it. Huge praise fro FranceTv, I have no idea what they are talking about and dont need to...the vids are something else.

The terrain mixed with the available videos is just fantastic. The Peru start to the race is rocking compared to Argentina (Argentina still has the best looking women though )...4 days of nothing but sand....what a great kick off to the race

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #4177
redhat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
And another attempt to match the distances to the WP's (for bikes/quads)

Start @ 8h30 local

WP1 together with CP1 @ 20km
WP2 @ 61km
WP3 @ 97km
WP4 @ 110km
Finish @ 136km

Followed by 274km connection
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #4178
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,076
From Speedbrain:

Dakar 2013, 4th Stage – Nazca - Arequipa
718 km (449 mile) stage including 289 km special test

Joan Barreda (Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) dominates the fourth stage of the Dakar.

Joan Barreda commanded a particularly hazardous fourth stage of the Dakar, Nazca – Arequipa with 289 km of special test, which covered all types of terrain, and was made difficult by the “fesh-fesh” dust. The Spaniard on the Husqvarna TE449RR by Speedbrain battled his way to an eight minute lead over his nearest rival, and managed to come from behind in the process. This is the second win for Barreda and Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain so far in this Dakar and allows the rider who hails from Castellon to move up to fourth overall place (18th yesterday).

Alessandro Botturi (12th) and Paulo Goncalves (18th) put in fine performances too riding together for the whole of the special, with Botturi in front of the leading group, trying hard to stay out of trouble and avoid mistakes on a route where mistakes and loss of way are highly probable due to such limited visibility.

The consistency of the performance by Jordi Viladoms on a Husqvarna TE449RR by Speedbrain should also be pointed out, who after today’s eighth place, now finds himself fifth in the overall standings hot on the heels of fellow-Husqvarna rider Joan Barreda. Matt Fish made an effort to make up for yesterday’s performance and his twenty-fourth place today moves him up seven places in the overall.

The caravan rolls on tomorrow to Arequipa ad Arica with 411km including 136 km of special test.

Joan Barreda: “I really rode well today. I’m very pleased. I knew it would be a tough one today, so I wanted to push hard. My starting place in twenty-fourth didn’t really favour it especially with the first 20 kms of dust. What’s more, I had the electronic road book broken and I had to move it forward manually throughout the whole stage. I did a perfect stage!”

Alessandro Botturi: ”A really difficult stage where at certain points visibility was zero. I did a good race. I pass the 3 riders in front of me and arrive first at the end of the stage. It turned out well, and now I’m in ninth overall place, and that gives us a bit of breathing room for tomorrow”

Paulo Goncalves: ”What a lot of dust! Even though I got away in second place today, it was still really tough. We opened the stage and was not so easy. I managed to do not make mistake and I follow Alessandro that was leading for mostly of the stage.”

Team Manager Wolfgang Fischer: "Joan today rode a blinder. Really tremendous! He showed just how able he is to navigate especially under these conditions. I really pleased too for all the other team riders who were able to interpret the stage so well.”

Dakar Project Leader Berthold Hauser: “Winning two out of the four stages gives us enormous satisfaction. The riders and the whole team are doing a great job! There’s still a long way to go but we couldn’t have got off to a better start.”

Result of Stage 4:
1. Joan Barreda (ESP, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain),
2. Pain (FRA, Yamaha) 8:23 min behind
3. Casteu (FRA, Yamaha) 10:42,
4. Farres Guell (ESP, Honda) 11:40,
5. Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) 11:43,
12. Alessandro Botturi (ITA, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 15:11,
18. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 19:28,
24. Matt Fish (AUS, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 24:00

Overall Standings after four stages:
1. Pain (FRA, Yamaha),
2. Casteu (FRA, Yamaha) 2:24 min behind,
3. Despres (FRA, KTM) 3:09,
4. Joan Barreda (ESP, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 5:38,
5. Viladoms (ESP, Husqvarna) 7:22,
9. Alessandro Botturi (ITA, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 11:44,
21. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 24:47,
24. Matt Fish (AUS, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 35:46

Barreda won the stage turning the roadbook by hand?!! At least he wasnt breaking trail for the first part, but Damn!

Also, the continuous limited visibility gives me the shudders.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #4179
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by schattat View Post
Probably the most sensible response to the HRC fuel issue I've read so far
The way they run their bikes is the have the main fuel tank in front of the seat, with additional 4 tank, 2 of which are left and right of the motor and 2 in the back on either side. The fuel pump we saw earlier mounted on the bash plate pumps the fuel from each additional reservoir into the front central main tank. Between the filler cap and steering head there are some inlets fitted to the tank where the fuel is pumped into. Helder had this system last year aboard his YZ, wasn't very good.
But that's the way it goes with EFI, one main tank pressurised for the injector. The Huskys seem to have it dialed in perfectly, 26L subframe tank pumped empty into the 5L main tank just behind the EFI. Possibly because they're more or less on the same level, whereas HRC's tanks are all over the place?
The Aprilia solution is best IMHO, 2 tanks and 2 fuel pumps, switchable. Easy peasy and so you always carry a spare ;)
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #4180
cvlighthouse
keep it in your pants!

Oddometer: 824
Gordon thru WP4 315 GORDON (USA), WALCH (USA) HUMMER 005:07:27 total 04:34:41 back
....look for a blue Samurai with a crazy gringo holding a big #167 sign! *No animals were harmed during the making of this post...
cvlighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #4181
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
From Speedbrain:

Dakar 2013, 4th Stage – Nazca - Arequipa
718 km (449 mile) stage including 289 km special test

Joan Barreda (Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) dominates the fourth stage of the Dakar.

Joan Barreda commanded a particularly hazardous fourth stage of the Dakar, Nazca – Arequipa with 289 km of special test, which covered all types of terrain, and was made difficult by the “fesh-fesh” dust. The Spaniard on the Husqvarna TE449RR by Speedbrain battled his way to an eight minute lead over his nearest rival, and managed to come from behind in the process. This is the second win for Barreda and Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain so far in this Dakar and allows the rider who hails from Castellon to move up to fourth overall place (18th yesterday).

Alessandro Botturi (12th) and Paulo Goncalves (18th) put in fine performances too riding together for the whole of the special, with Botturi in front of the leading group, trying hard to stay out of trouble and avoid mistakes on a route where mistakes and loss of way are highly probable due to such limited visibility.

The consistency of the performance by Jordi Viladoms on a Husqvarna TE449RR by Speedbrain should also be pointed out, who after today’s eighth place, now finds himself fifth in the overall standings hot on the heels of fellow-Husqvarna rider Joan Barreda. Matt Fish made an effort to make up for yesterday’s performance and his twenty-fourth place today moves him up seven places in the overall.

The caravan rolls on tomorrow to Arequipa ad Arica with 411km including 136 km of special test.

Joan Barreda: “I really rode well today. I’m very pleased. I knew it would be a tough one today, so I wanted to push hard. My starting place in twenty-fourth didn’t really favour it especially with the first 20 kms of dust. What’s more, I had the electronic road book broken and I had to move it forward manually throughout the whole stage. I did a perfect stage!”

Alessandro Botturi: ”A really difficult stage where at certain points visibility was zero. I did a good race. I pass the 3 riders in front of me and arrive first at the end of the stage. It turned out well, and now I’m in ninth overall place, and that gives us a bit of breathing room for tomorrow”

Paulo Goncalves: ”What a lot of dust! Even though I got away in second place today, it was still really tough. We opened the stage and was not so easy. I managed to do not make mistake and I follow Alessandro that was leading for mostly of the stage.”

Team Manager Wolfgang Fischer: "Joan today rode a blinder. Really tremendous! He showed just how able he is to navigate especially under these conditions. I really pleased too for all the other team riders who were able to interpret the stage so well.”

Dakar Project Leader Berthold Hauser: “Winning two out of the four stages gives us enormous satisfaction. The riders and the whole team are doing a great job! There’s still a long way to go but we couldn’t have got off to a better start.”

Result of Stage 4:
1. Joan Barreda (ESP, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain),
2. Pain (FRA, Yamaha) 8:23 min behind
3. Casteu (FRA, Yamaha) 10:42,
4. Farres Guell (ESP, Honda) 11:40,
5. Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) 11:43,
12. Alessandro Botturi (ITA, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 15:11,
18. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 19:28,
24. Matt Fish (AUS, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 24:00

Overall Standings after four stages:
1. Pain (FRA, Yamaha),
2. Casteu (FRA, Yamaha) 2:24 min behind,
3. Despres (FRA, KTM) 3:09,
4. Joan Barreda (ESP, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 5:38,
5. Viladoms (ESP, Husqvarna) 7:22,
9. Alessandro Botturi (ITA, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 11:44,
21. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 24:47,
24. Matt Fish (AUS, Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain) 35:46

Barreda won the stage turning the roadbook by hand?!! At least he wasnt breaking trail for the first part, but Damn!

Also, the continuous limited visibility gives me the shudders.
Thanks & and thanks to everyone who contributed from Fr4 It kind of makes up for the lack of live tracking...almost.

You have to think how bad it must be for everyone else if the front guys are complaining about the dust and fesh fesh.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #4182
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Juan Pedrero on today:

Today was a hard, came out late from position 42 and have been taking risks to advance positions. Arriving at kilometer 45 I crashed and I was a bit touched. I've been recovering concentration but I had a problem with the radiator and was losing water.

Despite the problem I've moved on but had to go stopping to put water in the radiator due to leak.
We managed to finish a stage and much remains ahead Dakar!! That's what counts.

Still counting! Fully Loaded!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #4183
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,314
The truck who hit don hatton who was that????????????????????????????
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #4184
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Verhoeven on today:

Frans Verhoeven is the fourth stage of the Dakar Rally lot of time lost. The Yamaha rider finished today as number 53, just over 51 minutes behind the day's winner Joan Barreda. In the rankings Verhoeven tumbled to 27th place. The difference with Yamaha rider Olivier Pain, now ranking leader, is three quarters.
It could also be Verhoeven instead of Pain. The two rode together a long time, until the engine Verhoeven stopped. "The start was very good," said Verhoeven, excited. "When the engine stopped, I checked everything. I've taken everything apart, but could not find the cause. Yamaha rider Michael Metge has stopped with me and together we checked everything again. Only when I loose the bottom plate was screwed, I saw that the connector of the fuel pump loose. That allowed us to quickly fix, but I do not know how long I stood still. "
Of the fourth stage, a 290 km long test between Nazca and Arequipa in southern Peru, had previously said that one of the toughest of the Dakar Rally would be. Not only Verhoeven had a bad day.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #4185
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Ok is fesh fesh that dust like baby powder that gets in everything??
ric678 is offline   Reply With Quote