ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #22396
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC Rider View Post
Hey Kev, which way you thinking of going up to Marshall on Sunday for the RTE? I might be coming down to Madison county on Saturday to see the folks, and would be leaving from there on Sunday morning to go to the RTE. Would be nice to hook up somewhere along the way.
If you are interested?

Walt and I will be taking River rd ( 618 to 620 to 610) thru Fburg working our way up to cross the river at Kelly's Ford. Take Summerduck toward Remington, Freemans Ford rd (651 turns into 621) to 229 north to 211 NE for a few miles. County rd 691 is a straight shot north to the intersection of highway 66 and 17 just outside of Marshall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.

Scotty P screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 01:53 PM
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #22397
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
Looks like we are in for a ride sat...Pick us up along the way gastone.. Dunkle ,Long and or rough sounds good...as long as we can gub up at Skyline cafe.
Banshee is comin'? Looks like the pace just picked up.
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #22398
macaroni
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 737
Shit I'm going to be last in this group.....I'll see you guys on Sunday when I finally make it out.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #22399
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
If you are interested?

Walt and I will be taking River rd ( 618 to 620 to 610) thru Fburg working our way up to cross the river at Kelly's Ford. Take Summerduck toward Remington, Freemans Ford rd (651 turns into 621) to 229 north to 211 NE for a few miles. County rd 691 is a straight shot north to the intersection of highway 66 and 17 just outside of Marshall.
Sounds good Scotty; my plans for the weekend are changing every hour it seems, so I don't know if I'll be leaving from Prince William county or Madison county. I'll keep you posted as we get closer to the actual day.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #22400
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
If you are interested?

Can I make a suggestion to get you totally lost?

When you reach 211, turn right, then an immediate left onto Old Bridge Rd., Rt 622 and take that to the stop sign. You will get to cross the old one lane bridge taking this route.
Turn right onto Leeds Manor Rd., Rt 688 and go about 2,000', then turn Left onto Old Waterloo Rd., Rt 691...part of your route.
Go about a mile and take a left onto Cliff Mills Rd., Rt. 681. This is a nice short stretch of gravel.
Follow that to the stop sign and take a right on Piney Mountain rd., Rt 678. Go less than 1/2 mile to a left on Dudie Rd., RT 689. When you get to the stop sign you will be in Dudie, DEEP Dudie...Don't dab a foot!
Turn right onto Wilson Rd. Google maps show the same route number as Dudie Rd. Dunno.
Go a little more than 1/2 mile and you will see Carters Run Rd., Rt 691 on the left. From there it is a straight shot to Marshall.

Be aware in that Rt 691 isn't quite a straight shot. It is a combination of Old Waterloo, Wilson, and Carters run roads. Old Waterloo to Wilsons is a no brainer. Wilson to Carters Run is easy to pass as it is a side road, on a curve.

This option shouldn't make the trip any more than five minutes longer and it is slightly more scenic.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #22401
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Who's f'n confused I like it and will remap our route.........thanks for the input B.
Quote:
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #22402
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,851
Ditto; thanks for the info Bob. Additional waypoints added to potential route.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #22403
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Can I make a suggestion to get you totally lost?

When you reach 211, turn right, then an immediate left onto Old Bridge Rd., Rt 622 and take that to the stop sign. You will get to cross the old one lane bridge taking this route.
Turn right onto Leeds Manor Rd., Rt 688 and go about 2,000', then turn Left onto Old Waterloo Rd., Rt 691...part of your route.
Go about a mile and take a left onto Cliff Mills Rd., Rt. 681. This is a nice short stretch of gravel.
Follow that to the stop sign and take a right on Piney Mountain rd., Rt 678. Go less than 1/2 mile to a left on Dudie Rd., RT 689. When you get to the stop sign you will be in Dudie, DEEP Dudie...Don't dab a foot!
Turn right onto Wilson Rd. Google maps show the same route number as Dudie Rd. Dunno.
Go a little more than 1/2 mile and you will see Carters Run Rd., Rt 691 on the left. From there it is a straight shot to Marshall.

Be aware in that Rt 691 isn't quite a straight shot. It is a combination of Old Waterloo, Wilson, and Carters run roads. Old Waterloo to Wilsons is a no brainer. Wilson to Carters Run is easy to pass as it is a side road, on a curve.

This option shouldn't make the trip any more than five minutes longer and it is slightly more scenic.
Be careful, that bridge is haunted.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #22404
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #22405
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
Be careful, that bridge is haunted.

Oh yeah, while on Carters run road, about two miles before Rt 17, turn left onto Scotts Rd., Rt 719 (another nice all-to-short gravel/dirt interlude) and follow it to Free State Rd., Rt 721, then turn right and head into town.
Ignore Google maps version of Scotts Rd..

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #22406
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
Looks like we are in for a ride sat. ... Dunkle ,Long and or rough sounds good... ...

Anyone wanna do a little of something like this TODAY?
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #22407
Nick650
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
My leg has a cast on it from my toes to my hip. I will be getting it xrayed next week, if nothing has shifted surgery may not be needed. Ya'll say a prayer for me. I need to borrow or buy a wheelchair off someone. It needs to have a leg support that I can raise to keep my leg elevated. The dr said he may sign a release for me to go back to work. If I can stay off my feet with my leg elevated. It will be a couple weeks if everything goes good. I will need to borrow or buy a wheelchair for about 5-6 weeks. Just pm me if anyone finds one, I will also be checking prices to rent one. I got a camoflaged cast
Nick650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #22408
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,543
Not to jinx us, but we probably need to start a "durable medical goods" cooperative. Stash all of our crutches, wheelchairs, walkers, scooters, walking boots, wedge pillows, canes, and wide-mouthed piss bottles for communal use. Probably get sponsored by Aetna or BC/BS as strategy to reduce medical costs.

And maybe a few of these....

No wheelchair here, but make sure your doc gives you a perscription for one so your insurer will cover the cost. I'm beaming best wishes your way bro.

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #22409
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,350
to you Nick.... HB knows what you are going through....
He had a full cast on once..
And sorry we don't have a chair with wheels ..

But once you get one ..
You can still have fun in the wind ...
I was really worried at first,letting my friend hook up to my hitch ...
So he could have a little fun...

Like doing a cone weave..

Photo was taken in Robbers Cave OK...

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm

LadyDraco screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 03:35 PM
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #22410
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick650 View Post
My leg has a cast on it from my toes to my hip. I will be getting it xrayed next week, if nothing has shifted surgery may not be needed. Ya'll say a prayer for me. I need to borrow or buy a wheelchair off someone. It needs to have a leg support that I can raise to keep my leg elevated. The dr said he may sign a release for me to go back to work. If I can stay off my feet with my leg elevated. It will be a couple weeks if everything goes good. I will need to borrow or buy a wheelchair for about 5-6 weeks. Just pm me if anyone finds one, I will also be checking prices to rent one. I got a camoflaged cast
I used to joke that you would be smiling even if you broke your leg... I am sorry to see my theroy proven true.