ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #22396
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 11,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC Rider View Post
Hey Kev, which way you thinking of going up to Marshall on Sunday for the RTE? I might be coming down to Madison county on Saturday to see the folks, and would be leaving from there on Sunday morning to go to the RTE. Would be nice to hook up somewhere along the way.
If you are interested?

Walt and I will be taking River rd ( 618 to 620 to 610) thru Fburg working our way up to cross the river at Kelly's Ford. Take Summerduck toward Remington, Freemans Ford rd (651 turns into 621) to 229 north to 211 NE for a few miles. County rd 691 is a straight shot north to the intersection of highway 66 and 17 just outside of Marshall.
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.

Scotty P screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 01:53 PM
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #22397
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
Looks like we are in for a ride sat...Pick us up along the way gastone.. Dunkle ,Long and or rough sounds good...as long as we can gub up at Skyline cafe.
Banshee is comin'? Looks like the pace just picked up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #22398
macaroni
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 737
Shit I'm going to be last in this group.....I'll see you guys on Sunday when I finally make it out.
__________________
Tell someone you love them today, because life is short...but shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing.
macaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #22399
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond
 
XC Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Out in the country
Oddometer: 2,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
If you are interested?

Walt and I will be taking River rd ( 618 to 620 to 610) thru Fburg working our way up to cross the river at Kelly's Ford. Take Summerduck toward Remington, Freemans Ford rd (651 turns into 621) to 229 north to 211 NE for a few miles. County rd 691 is a straight shot north to the intersection of highway 66 and 17 just outside of Marshall.
Sounds good Scotty; my plans for the weekend are changing every hour it seems, so I don't know if I'll be leaving from Prince William county or Madison county. I'll keep you posted as we get closer to the actual day.
__________________
XC Rider
"Motorcycles have put me in touch with wonderful people. As a result of that, I have an elevated idea about how good everybody in the world is." - Ted Simon
My Ride Reports.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #22400
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott P View Post
If you are interested?

Walt and I will be taking River rd ( 618 to 620 to 610) thru Fburg working our way up to cross the river at Kelly's Ford. Take Summerduck toward Remington, Freemans Ford rd (651 turns into 621) to 229 north to 211 NE for a few miles. County rd 691 is a straight shot north to the intersection of highway 66 and 17 just outside of Marshall.

Can I make a suggestion to get you totally lost?

When you reach 211, turn right, then an immediate left onto Old Bridge Rd., Rt 622 and take that to the stop sign. You will get to cross the old one lane bridge taking this route.
Turn right onto Leeds Manor Rd., Rt 688 and go about 2,000', then turn Left onto Old Waterloo Rd., Rt 691...part of your route.
Go about a mile and take a left onto Cliff Mills Rd., Rt. 681. This is a nice short stretch of gravel.
Follow that to the stop sign and take a right on Piney Mountain rd., Rt 678. Go less than 1/2 mile to a left on Dudie Rd., RT 689. When you get to the stop sign you will be in Dudie, DEEP Dudie...Don't dab a foot!
Turn right onto Wilson Rd. Google maps show the same route number as Dudie Rd. Dunno.
Go a little more than 1/2 mile and you will see Carters Run Rd., Rt 691 on the left. From there it is a straight shot to Marshall.

Be aware in that Rt 691 isn't quite a straight shot. It is a combination of Old Waterloo, Wilson, and Carters run roads. Old Waterloo to Wilsons is a no brainer. Wilson to Carters Run is easy to pass as it is a side road, on a curve.


This option shouldn't make the trip any more than five minutes longer and it is slightly more scenic.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #22401
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 11,653
Who's f'n confused I like it and will remap our route.........thanks for the input B.
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #22402
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond
 
XC Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Out in the country
Oddometer: 2,851
Ditto; thanks for the info Bob. Additional waypoints added to potential route.
__________________
XC Rider
"Motorcycles have put me in touch with wonderful people. As a result of that, I have an elevated idea about how good everybody in the world is." - Ted Simon
My Ride Reports.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #22403
H14
I Gotta Go!
 
H14's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Oddometer: 4,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Can I make a suggestion to get you totally lost?

When you reach 211, turn right, then an immediate left onto Old Bridge Rd., Rt 622 and take that to the stop sign. You will get to cross the old one lane bridge taking this route.
Turn right onto Leeds Manor Rd., Rt 688 and go about 2,000', then turn Left onto Old Waterloo Rd., Rt 691...part of your route.
Go about a mile and take a left onto Cliff Mills Rd., Rt. 681. This is a nice short stretch of gravel.
Follow that to the stop sign and take a right on Piney Mountain rd., Rt 678. Go less than 1/2 mile to a left on Dudie Rd., RT 689. When you get to the stop sign you will be in Dudie, DEEP Dudie...Don't dab a foot!
Turn right onto Wilson Rd. Google maps show the same route number as Dudie Rd. Dunno.
Go a little more than 1/2 mile and you will see Carters Run Rd., Rt 691 on the left. From there it is a straight shot to Marshall.

Be aware in that Rt 691 isn't quite a straight shot. It is a combination of Old Waterloo, Wilson, and Carters run roads. Old Waterloo to Wilsons is a no brainer. Wilson to Carters Run is easy to pass as it is a side road, on a curve.


This option shouldn't make the trip any more than five minutes longer and it is slightly more scenic.
Be careful, that bridge is haunted.
__________________
http://www.crazyfoxcoffee.com/ Discount code ADV
"I'm gonna ride till my money runs out"-eddie bolted
H14 and Campcook wandering aimlessly 2-up
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #22404
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran
 
Scotty P's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: SMIBville AKA Pax River MD
Oddometer: 11,653
__________________
06 KLR 650 "FBG" 99 Triumph 885i Tiger "Girlie"
Smokehole after midnignt..."I'm hungry", "me too" How about some Bitches n Gravy?
I'm a thread bully with no Ragrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #22405
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
Be careful, that bridge is haunted.


Oh yeah, while on Carters run road, about two miles before Rt 17, turn left onto Scotts Rd., Rt 719 (another nice all-to-short gravel/dirt interlude) and follow it to Free State Rd., Rt 721, then turn right and head into town.
Ignore Google maps version of Scotts Rd..
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #22406
ONandOFF
-ROAD-
 
ONandOFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley riding wonderland
Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
Looks like we are in for a ride sat. ... Dunkle ,Long and or rough sounds good... ...


Anyone wanna do a little of something like this TODAY?
__________________
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #22407
Nick650
Studly Adventurer
 
Nick650's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Harrisonburg, Virginia
Oddometer: 522
My leg has a cast on it from my toes to my hip. I will be getting it xrayed next week, if nothing has shifted surgery may not be needed. Ya'll say a prayer for me. I need to borrow or buy a wheelchair off someone. It needs to have a leg support that I can raise to keep my leg elevated. The dr said he may sign a release for me to go back to work. If I can stay off my feet with my leg elevated. It will be a couple weeks if everything goes good. I will need to borrow or buy a wheelchair for about 5-6 weeks. Just pm me if anyone finds one, I will also be checking prices to rent one. I got a camoflaged cast
__________________
aka Colby05 on Thumpertalk.
2008 DR 650 (Bad weather ,go anywhere bike.),2008 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom, 2005 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 custom ( Sunny day, road trip bikes.)
You may just have to get the Cat Herders to roll over and set em straight (though we may get lost, forget why we were there and show up after closing...) - HburgNinja
Nick650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #22408
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer
 
VACommuter's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Oddometer: 1,543
Not to jinx us, but we probably need to start a "durable medical goods" cooperative. Stash all of our crutches, wheelchairs, walkers, scooters, walking boots, wedge pillows, canes, and wide-mouthed piss bottles for communal use. Probably get sponsored by Aetna or BC/BS as strategy to reduce medical costs.

And maybe a few of these....


No wheelchair here, but make sure your doc gives you a perscription for one so your insurer will cover the cost. I'm beaming best wishes your way bro.

VAC
__________________
I win shit.
2000 BMW K1200LT w/Sidecar "Bavarian Princess"
2002 KLR 685 w/ Enduro Sidecar "Dirt Nasty"
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #22409
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Some of the best roads in the east..
Oddometer: 27,350
to you Nick.... HB knows what you are going through....
He had a full cast on once..
And sorry we don't have a chair with wheels ..

But once you get one ..
You can still have fun in the wind ...
I was really worried at first,letting my friend hook up to my hitch ...
So he could have a little fun...

Like doing a cone weave..



Photo was taken in Robbers Cave OK...
__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~
If it don't fit make alterations

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm

LadyDraco screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 03:35 PM
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #22410
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass
 
bloochdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick650 View Post
My leg has a cast on it from my toes to my hip. I will be getting it xrayed next week, if nothing has shifted surgery may not be needed. Ya'll say a prayer for me. I need to borrow or buy a wheelchair off someone. It needs to have a leg support that I can raise to keep my leg elevated. The dr said he may sign a release for me to go back to work. If I can stay off my feet with my leg elevated. It will be a couple weeks if everything goes good. I will need to borrow or buy a wheelchair for about 5-6 weeks. Just pm me if anyone finds one, I will also be checking prices to rent one. I got a camoflaged cast
I used to joke that you would be smiling even if you broke your leg... I am sorry to see my theroy proven true.
__________________
"That light is bright, I can"t see sh!t."- H14
bloochdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014