Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #241
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
... so getting excited when he phone rings last night
And a voice saying " Micah I have some bad news KTM HQ will not release your tanks untill Feb"
So does that mean they are drawing from "new old stock" or will be manufacturing more?

Quote:
... Or I sell the 690 and build the 500 ???
Naw. You're on a roll, Man. Go with it!

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #242
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,021
Ive ordered the 450RR tanks , they are a factory item not really for sale to public there keeping them for the factory riders as they get prefferance .

I might send a email say I'll have second hand ones as long as there factory painted red bull.

I have pumped so much money into the 690 I would not get near 1/2 what I have spent . In aust these were $17000 on road back in 09 and I've spent about $10K all up but there's been trial and error costly trial and error.
So I think it is a keeper and the 690 is such a good ADV platform, I cant see the 500 sitting at 130kph down the HWY for 6 hours but as a Rally it will be awesome .

Mudguts screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 03:08 PM
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #243
tileman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
thought..

Have you tried here;

http://cgi-bin.dakar.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi

Thought anyway, try the wanted section and who knows what may turn up.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #244
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Who did you order them from Mudguts?

I ordered some from my dealer here in Austria this summer and have received the tanks and seat but the ETA for the fairings side pieces keeps changing. Now one is supposed to come in mid-Nov and one mid-Dec, not sure how likely that is before the Dakar unless they are ramping up production for spares!
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #245
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

Ordered from we're I use to work over here . Tried cape town they can't get any might just have to wait .

Got me thinking of doing the 500 it would be cheap as I have Nav gear , fairing , lights , just need tanks
Acerbic 20L or 13L with rear tank , fitness and skill
Old 11-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #246
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

G'day peeps , been a long weekend over here down under , so what ya do on a long weekend .......ride

I have only done one thing to the bike since last update and that is foot pegs , I've welded on some extenders to make them about 2" / 50mm longer , IMO this is a very good thing for the handling as you can really lever the bike over as you get a bit more leverage with you legs , and the 690 being wide in the hips and having size 13 boots the extender helps with boot wear as well , now the pegs come out from under my foot not finishing in the arch were the chews the sole of the boot out.

I meet up with ausgofar ( Dave ) brute ( Bruce) Steve & Charlie all ktm pilots , 3x690 2x640

Day 1. Was about 350 km for me coming from the other side of town , home ,cockatoo, reefton , big river , mt terrible, Jamison refuel & lunch , then on to upper Jamison hut via sheep yard flats ,

Day 2 jamo hut , pikes creek flats, lake cobbler , lake buffalo , mertleford , harrirotville,

Day 3. Harrirotville , hotham , blue rag look out , talbotville via basalt south ( very steep ) , Dargo , Avon wilderness area,
Glennmaggie ,mt useful , the junction ( Thompson dam )

Dat 4 the junction , rawson, moe, home Sydenham , all up 1367 km for me ,

Now my bike has done about 12000km I've checked the valves , intake .004 ( out of spec) exhaust .10 ( in spec)

Got a shim kit on order which should be here today . While I was doing the valves I pulled out all the SAS junk , cleaned the injector and throttle body and rerouted a couple of cables , and I lost a tank breather hose on the ride

In all the bike performed excellently although the intake valves had closed up , this just made it a little harder to start and maybe a bit down in power , The revalved suspension was excellent it bottomed a few times but it's to be expected with the extra weight of food& camping gear I was carrying .

Before the ride I fitted new rear tyre a kenda carlsbad DOT tyre rim locks & balanced the wheels for s smooth ride .

I think the Kenda it an excellent tyre , it's cheap very grippy in the lose rock and lasted quite well still got and 500+km in it

Hooks up real well ,

Now I just got to wait for Dave to drop his bike for its third birthday over haul service , we're I'll , regreased or replace every bearing , service forks , valves, headstem , swing arm bearing , oil and filters , and billet rear break lever .
Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #247
KTBen
Barrrp!

Oddometer: 470
How were the track conditions around Dargo? Im heading down that way sat/sunday from Canberra for about 3or4 days. Its just the two of us and the other bike is a 660 rally so fuel range wont be a problem
Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #248
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

If its.......hot dusty & rocky if it's wet ........good & rocky , if you like a good hill , Billy's goats bluff , if you like a challenge
Basalt south very steep at the talbotville end
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #249
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

there here at long last 450RR tanks so the fun will begin next week with a strip down and sell off what won't be needed, pic to follow
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #250
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,826
Quote:
there here at long last 450RR tanks so the fun will begin next week with a strip down and sell off what won't be needed, pic to follow

any new PIC's of your down pipe?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #251
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

Sorry BD I have done nothing with as yet ,

So here the G O I dont have a full time job ATM ( not arse to mouth)
luckly I paid for the tanks and seat about 5 months ago when i had some cash
back from my Tax refund ,So while i was cashed up ordered and paid for the tanks all good then today 5 months later the tax office sent me a nice letter say I owed the $1300 , from some thing they over looked ,

Oh well Shit happens

I have my tanks I'm happy speaking about tanks best we have a look

but wait check out the seat , Oh so sexy and KTM are with it man forward thinkers as it has a Smart phone holder Freekin Awesome

And here some more goodies from KTMTWINS (thanks ron )

There some dam sexy pegs for my size 13 , But who ever packed them at fastway forgot the bloody spacers Arrrrrr ( but ron is sorting it out thanks champ)

Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #252
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

So the goal is after the ride this weekend is too clean and then strip off what I will be selling

RRuk Tanks
690RR fairing to suit
Hella 90mm HIDs

I might sell the Full akro system I'm not sure yet ,
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #253
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Thumb

I know that feeling when them big boxes arrive.

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #254
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
A closer picture of those gas caps please ... It's not what we've seen so far ... The cap base is an aluminium part bolt on ...

Paul Jr 8
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #255
Mudguts OP
when in doubt GAS IT

They are acerbis unit you can get them at mxwest 1 this are KTM rally tanks they have always use these but use the hard parts gas cap