ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #1921
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
!! Update December-12-2012, TuneECU 2.4.1 now Released !!

!! Update December-12-2012, TuneECU 2.4.1 now Released !!
2 minors bugs in the version 2.4 fixed :
- TPS or MAP axis not displayed when connected to the bike.
- Random error "out of index range" in graphic mode edition.

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #1922
Wilmo
Orange Fever

Oddometer: 1,270
Another successful user here, thanks to the creators of TuneECU! Loaded the R Akro map to replace the standard Akro map on my Standard 2011 990 ADV with Akros, then checked the TPS was ok and did the 15 min idle. I had added a pre-filter and put the baffles back in the Akros since it was delivered from the dealer. Starts, idles and runs better than ever (was fine before though really). Love the new top end power the R map provides!

Take risks and live an extraordinary life!
Wilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #1923
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,882
I have a pdf file that I created from this thread. I've condensed just the info and pared out the extra comments and added my own for clarification of this text. I sent it to the admin of the HOW, but haven't seen any action on it.

I need a place to park it where every one can down load it. PM me if you have a spot. Send me your direct mail addr, or tell me how to work attachments in ADV.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #1924
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
I have a pdf file that I created from this thread. I've condensed just the info and pared out the extra comments and added my own for clarification of this text. I sent it to the admin of the HOW, but haven't seen any action on it.

I need a place to park it where every one can down load it. PM me if you have a spot. Send me your direct mail addr, or tell me how to work attachments in ADV.
Would you at least be able to send copies to those of us who send you an e-mail address?

I'm assuming yes, and will follow this up with a PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #1925
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,770
Quote:

You could use Google docs....PM sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"

Michhub screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 08:50 AM
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #1926
HDen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
Would you at least be able to send copies to those of us who send you an e-mail address?

I'm assuming yes, and will follow this up with a PM.
+1
Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #1927
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,154
As requested by Zuber, here is the TuneEcu Wiki he put together

You can download it here on my server:

TuneECU Wiki by Zuber

bikyto screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 11:38 AM
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #1928
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 984
Any feedback on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power-Tripp View Post
Cy,
I have not tested on the 990 ADV, but I does work well on other bikes using the same VAG protocal with Keihin ECUs. There is no reason it will not work on the KTMs (all of 'em) running the same ECUs. The only issue is the connector - which is not hard to make, and even easier to purchase.

The ability to use the 3D accelerometers and GPS in a smart phone, in conjunction with all of the outputs that you can see in TuneECU, makes for some interesting information, and the ability to test for your self, and changes in mapping. We have been using this for a while now on some of the higher output street bikes, and logging the data as well.
Finally getting an Android phone this week and was hoping to get it to talk to the 990 via the TuneEcu cable (?) and a Bluetooth adaptor. Can anyone confirm this will work?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #1929
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
As requested by Zuber, here is the TuneEcu Wiki he put together

You can download it here on my server:

TuneECU Wiki by Zuber
Thanks to Zuber for compiling the information and thank you for offering a place to hold it.

I've intended to dig into this thread to try to extract the facts from among the hundreds of "other" messages and have never quite gotten there. Now it should be much easier to dig into the PDF file.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #1930
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
shortcut to information

Recently acquired an 09 990ADV-R. Pulls strong but pulls hard on the fuel cell. 35 mpg at 45 mph and 35 mpg at 80 mph.

It currently has the Rotweiller air system on it, I will be putting stock back on. It has a 2-1 conversion into and FMF pipe.

I have tried reading to find info on increased MPG for this bike.

Can anyone take me straight to a map to try?

The previous owner spent alot of time on this map but I feel it is fat by the 'soot out the back' method of jetting.

Who has an 09ADV-R map that they get decent milage out of and would be willing to share?
Themastermike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #1931
Imachimper
Newer than Noob

Oddometer: 129
Quote:

Thanks, I picked up a cable about a few months ago, but haven't had the time to connect it to the bike. I now will sit down and study this PDF and play with the software for a while to get used to it.
Imachimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #1932
GoThere@50
I'm Going

Oddometer: 104
Question More insight, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power-Tripp View Post
Results of the Akrapovic exhaust w/o baffles, BMC air filter:

Green as delivered.
Blue finished.

Tested secondary throttle blade settings from stock to 100% above 10% main throttle opening. The results show little difference from 4000-6000 rpm. But elsewhere... ;)
A big "Thank You!" to Tom, Wayne and all the other contributors to this effort. Wayne, I was wondering if you could expand a bit on what you found out about the secondary butterflies as it sounds intriguing. Prior to reading this entire thread I was contemplating removal of the secondary butterflies but your comments here made me pause. I ask because I see your Power-Trip Ankra map as the best fit for my 2010 990 R set up as follows: FMF Q4 dual mufflers, Rottweiler air intake, SAS and canisters removed. Your specific map was developed on a standard Adventure of the same year that was set up similar to my R model, correct? I do 80% of my riding between 5,000 and 10,000 ft. above sea level. I understand that it would not be expected to be a "perfect" fit as that would only be possible with a good dyno tune on my specific bike at my elevation. Would you agree that your Ankra map would be a good "close" fit? Or, would you recommend any tweaks to your map for my conditions? (Such as turn on O2 sensor?) It's understood that all of this activity is at my own risk. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.
GoThere@50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #1933
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themastermike View Post
Recently acquired an 09 990ADV-R. Pulls strong but pulls hard on the fuel cell. 35 mpg at 45 mph and 35 mpg at 80 mph.

It currently has the Rotweiller air system on it, I will be putting stock back on. It has a 2-1 conversion into and FMF pipe.

I have tried reading to find info on increased MPG for this bike.

Can anyone take me straight to a map to try?

The previous owner spent alot of time on this map but I feel it is fat by the 'soot out the back' method of jetting.

Who has an 09ADV-R map that they get decent milage out of and would be willing to share?
Once you put the stock air box back on, the PowerTripp 2-1 map would be an excellent starting point. Name: Power-TrippKTM990advWINGS.hex.
Very smooth throttle, 38-42 mpg. Comes with the TuneECU map set for the KTM's.

Zuber screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 09:55 PM
Zuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #1934
T-Mac
orange

Oddometer: 44
Remus Roxx 2-into-1

Will Power-TrippKTM990advWINGS.hex work well with Remus Roxx 2-into-1 and stock air box/filter?
Other recommendations?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #1935
Brokein2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
I have been using it for the last few weeks (500+ miles) on my '09 990 with stock box and 2 into 1 Wings and it has been very smooth and has maintained the mileage figures that the stock map had.

I personally never had any problems with a snatchy throttle like some other people had, but figured I would give it a try since it was specifically developed for the 2 into 1 Wings setup.

Give it a shot....as long as you save your original map, you can always go back.
'14 R1200GS
Brokein2 is offline   Reply With Quote