Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
Brimstone OP
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog
Brimstone, excellent report with even more excellent photos. I'm coming up your way later this year and going to add Naramata to my list.

Last year I was all around Lake Gallagher. BTW great pub "Ye Olde Welcome Inn".

Machog
Machog,

Thanks for the kind words... as I've posted above, shoot me a PM when your heading up and I'll make some time to hit the trails. Plenty of good food and drink establishments here as well for a post ride refreshment!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #32
RiderJones
sketchy

Oddometer: 263
Nice RR

Loved the info and pics in your RR...My inlaws just moved to Kelowna so we are over there quite a bit....this route looks like the perfect excuse to slip away for a day or two! I'm over in Nelson in the Kootenays....PM me for a tour or a beer anytime you are over here!

RiderJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #33
Brimstone OP
Super Duper n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasookin
Loved the info and pics in your RR...My inlaws just moved to Kelowna so we are over there quite a bit....this route looks like the perfect excuse to slip away for a day or two! I'm over in Nelson in the Kootenays....PM me for a tour or a beer anytime you are over here!

Hi Nasookin!

Thanks for the nice comments! Anytime you want to come riding over here drop me a line! I don't mind being a tour guide at all!

As far as your offer, I'm actually planning an epic weekend journey your way this summer. The plan is an all dirt route from Kelowna to Nelson, then ferry across to ride the Grey Creek FSR, back across the ferry and north to the Lavina Fire Lookout. After that head home... Long trip, but lot's of amazing country to see! Definitely plan on travelling through Nelson. I have friends here who recommended a couple great places to eat there...

Old 02-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #34
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,515
Nice report! I saw a story about the KVR years ago and have always wanted to do at least a section of it.
Thanks
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:21 AM   #35
DUC54
Giddy Up!!!

Oddometer: 95
Great report, this is on my list for this summer, if you are ever in my back yard give me a shout for a ride.

GIDDY UP!!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #36
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,419
Great report and pictures. Hope one day to get up in that area. Thanks for all the work of sharing your ride with us.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #37
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 840
Dude you're killing me! I'm stuck down here (Tx) ...... maybe flightcraft is hiring

My inlaws just picked up a place in Twin Lakes. I think I need to park a DRZ there..... I miss BC.
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Plane Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #38
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,161
Great photos..

My father grew up in that area & my 93 yo grandmother still lives in Kelowna.

www.iamsecond.com
Wout67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #39
Brimstone OP
Super Duper n00b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUC54
Great report, this is on my list for this summer, if you are ever in my back yard give me a shout for a ride.

GIDDY UP!!
Hey DUC54!

I'm actually coming through your way next weekend! A group from Kelowna are coming down to ride the Juniper Dunes at Pasco. We will be riding March 5,6 and 7.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #40
g-haad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Good R.R.

I did a trip with the uncle from Salmon Arm on his spare DL650 (didn't have my bike up there) very early spring 2012. Coldest, wettest ride in a long time. Seeing your photos makes me think we should go back in summer. Just off the KVR is the new Kelowna Mtn Resort, we spun around and checked out some of the suspension bridges and the lift. Routed back through Lumby and then up to the Shuswap. Lived up on the North Shore of Shuswap for a few years and would recommend riding anywhere up there if you get the chance. Good routes through top Adams Lk, Craigallachie etc.

Last KVR ride was cycling in high school from Beaverdell to Naramata, it seemed like a long slog back then but in hindsight was fortunate to ride the original trestles before the fires!
g-haad is offline   Reply With Quote