Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrux181 View Post
Murf2,

I went from a Uly to a Triumph Scrambler. It's not the lightest but the 19 in front and a 5 inch longer wheel base make it more stable off road. I seat height fits me well and it's got all the power I need.

Bill
http://youtu.be/CyJZQIViejQ

The scrambler is a SICK bike. I realize Ernie Vigil is an absolute animal on it, but its one of those "road" bikes that just makes an awesome dual sport. I almost bought one but couldnt afford it. If you browse forums that focus on them everyone will say its not meant to go off road....and everyone else will reply with pictures of them up a mountain or in 12 inches of mud. Touring accessories available, lots of class and character. You may miss the ability to GOOOOOOOO though, because its not a real fast bike.

Still- its incredible.
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #17
xaman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrux181 View Post
Murf2,

I went from a Uly to a Triumph Scrambler. It's not the lightest but the 19 in front and a 5 inch longer wheel base make it more stable off road. I seat height fits me well and it's got all the power I need.

Bill

I did the same. It's well under your price range used, and with TKC80s it's an absolute blast on gravel roads, much better than my ULY. Similar weight, but MUCH lower seat height and CG. It's not as hooligan on the road as the ULY, but still fun. In fact, one of the thing I love about the Scrambler is that it just "feels" right at 50-65mph, whereas the Uly always wanted to go 90. That, and price, we the primary reasons I went with the Scrambler over the Tiger 800. I still dream about the Tiger though.

On the negative side, Scrambler suspension is rougher without a doubt.

And don't get one if you're anti-social, cause they are "old guy" magnets at every stop.
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #18
Thrux181
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
You can make them the way you want.
Thrux181 is offline   Reply With Quote