ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #76
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Its all in fun my friend I also have a GS.. And I'm also sure we have a different view of what off road is.
If you where ever single track ride/racerr at Rietter you might understand. If not you never will.
that's how I took it. I just forgot the smilie at the end.

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub
Yeah, on the GS http://vimeo.com/3232838

Notable Past-'01 KLR 250, 95 R1100GS, 06 KTM 950 SM, 69 Bridgestone 90

wsdbikes screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 03:29 PM
wsdbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #77
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 448
RIP Reiter...

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #78
81forest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 931
Well, I drove Highway 2 today on my way up to Stevens, there is actually snow at around 700 feet but it is melting off very quickly in the rain. David Way told me that the trails would be closed "if" there was snow, I will call on Friday to find out if there could be a last-minute update. I'd like to see what this "single track" looks like. Since I have never been to the original trails, I won't know what I'm missing anyway. I'm sure it won't be anything like those two Reiter videos (sweet by the way!), but I'd like to see what erosion-free, environmentally sustainable and soil-conscious dirt bike trails look like.

By the way I will be running with my new hemp oil chain lube.
81forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #79
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81forest View Post
Well, I drove Highway 2 today on my way up to Stevens, there is actually snow at around 700 feet but it is melting off very quickly in the rain. David Way told me that the trails would be closed "if" there was snow, I will call on Friday to find out if there could be a last-minute update. I'd like to see what this "single track" looks like. Since I have never been to the original trails, I won't know what I'm missing anyway. I'm sure it won't be anything like those two Reiter videos (sweet by the way!), but I'd like to see what erosion-free, environmentally sustainable and soil-conscious dirt bike trails look like.

By the way I will be running with my new hemp oil chain lube.
Howdy 81forest,

You won't really know what the new trails are like until they finish building the starbucks and installing the wifi at every trail junction.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Join Smugmug, use this coupon https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #80
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrider-boyd View Post
RIP Reiter...

Oh my garsh! Funny to see trees growing there. I thought all the dirt bikers emaciated the place long ago and then DNR had to come in and save it?

What would we do without the DNR?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #81
Brokein2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Just watching those short videos makes me wish I could find a time machine so I could go back in time and try to pull the DNR Commissioner's head out of his ass before they made their mind up that it needed "fixing"...
'14 R1200GS
Brokein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #82
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokein2 View Post
Just watching those short videos makes me wish I could find a time machine so I could go back in time and try to pull the DNR Commissioner's head out of his ass before they made their mind up that it needed "fixing"...
Pressure from outside agencies made the issue impossible to ignore.
Something needed to be fixed or it would have been closed anyway.

The problem we have is who they put in charge of the fixing criteria and the possibility that some people on the insdie don't want the fix to have an ORV positive outcome.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #83
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
Pressure from outside agencies made the issue impossible to ignore.
Something needed to be fixed or it would have been closed anyway.

The problem we have is who they put in charge of the fixing criteria and the possibility that some people on the insdie don't want the fix to have an ORV positive outcome.
Looking in from the outside, that sounds like a logical explanation for how things have unfolded. Unfortunately.

And I agree, at the time, it was work with the DNR to make something of it, or it would just be shut down. It got to the point where it was not sustainable once it had become the outlaw playground of large numbers of 4x4 trucks and quads.

From what I can see, since then a lot of our ORV advocates and volunteers have worked very hard to move things in the right direction, but for whatever reason the DNR has been moving in the direction of accomplishing very little with a lot of $.

End result is the same. No real orv access.

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is online now   Reply With Quote