ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #8341
Licky
Adventurer
 
Licky's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Dewey, AZ (Near Prescott)
Oddometer: 82
Maybe. Is this suitable for the KLR650?

Maybe. Is this suitable for the KLR650?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
I am going for a ride this Sunday (January 13th). BuckHorn Wash rd To Constellation. Food/gas in Winckenburg and back on N. mine rd (B loop section from Constellation) to Castle Hot Spring. From C.Hot Spring rd u can either take the easy section all the way to Lake Pleasant (Scenic ride) or follow me for exploring trails South east of C.Hot spring rd that connect u to N. Picacho wash rd/Quitero Country Club and exit back on hwy74.
Place & time to meet: Wild Horse Coffee, on N. Lake Pleasant Pkwy at 8:30am. Engine start at 9am.
Plenty of space for truck/trailers etc...
Any takers ? ...
Licky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #8342
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,079
Sure is

Perfect bike for it. Eddie is on just about the same thing with his DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licky View Post
Maybe. Is this suitable for the KLR650?
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #8343
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover
 
DR650SEDDY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Phoenix,Az
Oddometer: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
Perfect bike for it. Eddie is on just about the same thing with his DR.
Yup 650cc is no problem, but i am using the DRZ400 cuz i am going exploring after C. Hot Spring rd and i get good gas mileage on Z-400.
__________________
DR-Z440E 00 - DR650SE 02.
Je ne suis Jamais a l'aise que lorsque je termine mon parcours, parlant d'Enduro bien sure. "DR650sEDDY".
DR650SEDDY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #8344
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Kevinsterner's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
I am going for a ride this Sunday (January 13th). BuckHorn Wash rd To Constellation. Food/gas in Winckenburg and back on N. mine rd (B loop section from Constellation) to Castle Hot Spring. From C.Hot Spring rd u can either take the easy section all the way to Lake Pleasant (Scenic ride) or follow me for exploring trails South east of C.Hot spring rd that connect u to N. Picacho wash rd/Quitero Country Club and exit back on hwy74.
Place & time to meet: Wild Horse Coffee, on N. Lake Pleasant Pkwy at 8:30am. Engine start at 9am.
Plenty of space for truck/trailers etc...
Any takers ? ...
I was really planning on joining this ride. I missed riding last week due to a nagging cold. But, with the high for Cave Creek being 49 degrees. I am going to pass. I am a wuss when it comes to the cold. I hope everyone enjoys the ride and stays warm
__________________
2011 Kawasaki 650 KLR (Current Bike)
2011 Husqvarna TE 449
2013 Honda CRF 250 L
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #8345
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover
 
DR650SEDDY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Phoenix,Az
Oddometer: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsterner View Post
I was really planning on joining this ride. I missed riding last week due to a nagging cold. But, with the high for Cave Creek being 49 degrees. I am going to pass. I am a wuss when it comes to the cold. I hope everyone enjoys the ride and stays warm
Sunday's forcast for Winkenburg:
Sunday

Jan 13
Partly Cloudy
Hi:47°Lo:21°
Partly Cloudy. High 47F and low 21F. Winds W at 8 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

It might be 2 deg. higher around Lake Pleasant, but if u look on the bright sight ur bike never get to over heat, specially when reving these engines in the sand.
__________________
DR-Z440E 00 - DR650SE 02.
Je ne suis Jamais a l'aise que lorsque je termine mon parcours, parlant d'Enduro bien sure. "DR650sEDDY".
DR650SEDDY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #8346
CrozB
Studly Adventurer
 
CrozB's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
Sunday's forcast for Winkenburg:
Sunday

Jan 13
Partly Cloudy
Hi:47°Lo:21°
Partly Cloudy. High 47F and low 21F. Winds W at 8 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

It might be 2 deg. higher around Lake Pleasant, but if u look on the bright sight ur bike never get to over heat, specially when reving these engines in the sand.
If you need a Chase trucks I am happy to follow you with my Nissan and its heated seats

-
__________________
'14 R1200GS Adventure
CrozB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #8347
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
If you need a Chase trucks I am happy to follow you with my Nissan and its heated seats

-
My new truck has great heat too.



Wait, this means I have one less excuse to flake out on rides now.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #8348
Stumpalump
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 127
I'll ride. I don't know where and when you plan on meeting but Ill come down Carefree hi way or down New River road in the morning if anybody wants to meet up. 950A KTM.
__________________
KTM 950A
Rokon 2X2
Montesa 315R trials
KTM 200 EXC.
XR400
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #8349
Nightstalker
YO BUDDYPAL!
 
Nightstalker's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Sunny Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 5,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
My new truck has great heat too.



Wait, this means I have one less excuse to flake out on rides now.
NICE
__________________
2004 KTM 950 Adventure
2008 Honda CRF450X

North American
Ride Report Index and GPX files at:

NSRides.com

Nightstalker rides North America 2007

snug htiw swoC
Nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #8350
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
Sunday's forcast for Winkenburg:
Sunday

Jan 13
Partly Cloudy
Hi:47°Lo:21°

Partly Cloudy. High 47F and low 21F. Winds W at 8 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA

0%

It might be 2 deg. higher around Lake Pleasant, but if u look on the bright sight ur bike never get to over heat, specially when reving these engines in the sand.
Is this still happening?
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #8351
mefadv
Studly Adventurer
 
mefadv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Wickenburg AZ
Oddometer: 781
This stuff will be waiting for you in Wickenburg on Saturday...

__________________
Mark, a Misplaced Farm Boy....
XR400, plated
TL250, plated
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #8352
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover
 
DR650SEDDY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Phoenix,Az
Oddometer: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpalump View Post
I'll ride. I don't know where and when you plan on meeting but Ill come down Carefree hi way or down New River road in the morning if anybody wants to meet up. 950A KTM.
There:
Quote:
Place & time to meet: Wild Horse Coffee, on N. Lake Pleasant Pkwy at 8:30am. Engine start at 9am.
Plenty of space for truck/trailers etc...
Over here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.796...num=1&t=m&z=16
Quote:
AZ TOM • Today 08:40 AM
Is this still happening?
Off course Tom, still is.
__________________
DR-Z440E 00 - DR650SE 02.
Je ne suis Jamais a l'aise que lorsque je termine mon parcours, parlant d'Enduro bien sure. "DR650sEDDY".
DR650SEDDY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #8353
Yardstick
Hydrophobic
 
Yardstick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
My new truck has great heat too.



Wait, this means I have one less excuse to flake out on rides now.
What is this? New truck month?

Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #8354
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,355
WHOA!

That thing is REAL nice!



but my truck is 13 years old so technically.....
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #8355
MikeCaz
2003 F650GS
 
MikeCaz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Glendale Arizona
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
Yup 650cc is no problem, but i am using the DRZ400 cuz i am going exploring after C. Hot Spring rd and i get good gas mileage on Z-400.

I hope to join for this one. Don't know how much exploring I can do on the GS, but I'll go as far as I may.


MikeC
__________________
2003 F650GS
MikeCaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014