User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #3706
gplassm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
http://www.motointernational.com/HDB_7_05.htm
Man, if I could get these prices on the East Coast (MA), a brand new Stelvio would be in my garage right now!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #3707
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplassm View Post
Man, if I could get these prices on the East Coast (MA), a brand new Stelvio would be in my garage right now!
Shipping the bike is a very reasonable option. When you consider the cost of a flight to MI and then the various expenses involved in riding it back across the US, the shipping charges are attractive. You save $Ks compared to a new NTX and get a very nice bike, albeit one that is already four years old.

Peter Y.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #3708
gplassm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Hmm. After looking into it, it looks like the '09's had much smaller fuel capacities than the newer ones, and that makes an older one much less attractive to me...
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #3709
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,634
Quote:
Hmm. After looking into it, it looks like the '09's had much smaller fuel capacities than the newer ones, and that makes an older one much less attractive to me...
Hence the great price...

Yes, the early Stelvios had 4.75 gallon tanks. The current Stelvio NTX is about 8.5 gallons.

edit: Remember that Stucchi makes an AUX fuel cell for the Stelvio. About 2.5 gallons. Lots of people with the early Stelvios went that route.
IBA #24873
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

rocker59 screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 09:59 PM
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #3710
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Anything happening on getting a few of these tool cases for the Stelvio?

http://mtechaccessories.com/ita/prod...tool_case.html
Demar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #3711
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,679
Emailed Rexxer...got a direct reply from David (president):
The Rexxer user allows you to read out the original file and then write a file plus the service features that apply to your ecu. The uploaded map is built by me based on your specs, pipe, air filter etc. The tool will not allow you to adjust the map files only read/write and most importantly the checksum. The beauty of the tool is if you want to change the map or modify the bike and change the map it's merely an email. I send you the new map per your request.
Techno is a dealer for my products. They are reselling.
Modified display is not available on your bike as the start up screen is part of the dash logic not the ecu.
Please fill out the ecu form on www.rexxer.com site under downloads. This will provide all the info I need to get you mapped and setup.
And thank you again for the inquiry, David

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
Interesting link to rexxer.com...Techoresearch has a similar product- rexXer that looks identical, but they don't offer the 'pro' version. I could never get a straight answer from TR about the product. It sounded like you had TR make a map for you based on your bike mods, they sent the product to you, you swapped maps with the RexXer device. You couldn't use the device on more than one bike and they had to make the map for you. The rexxer link describes a little more flexibility. Cost from rexxer or TR seem to be the same. TR re-selling?

Says something about custom dash displays. Get rid of annoying serif from Guzzi number font?

http://www.technoresearch.com
http://www.rexxer.com/
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #3712
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demar39 View Post
Anything happening on getting a few of these tool cases for the Stelvio?

http://mtechaccessories.com/ita/prod...tool_case.html
Nothing that I'm aware of.

Do you know if there are any specs showing the dimensions? I'd be in for one if it will hold my Slime compressor kit.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #3713
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
They would actually buy you a plane ticket if you were buying a bike from them - http://www.motointernational.com/FlyAndRide.htm. Perfect opportunity to do a cross-country trip and save a few days of boring riding through Mid-West. You could fly there for free, spend 2-3 days riding all those great places in Washington and British Columbia, come back to Seattle for the first service, and then ride the bike home. I'd bet you that would be a great trip. But yeah, one of the biggest selling points of the NTX is the range, plus a lot of farkles are included.

After I did a fly&ride from Wisconsin to Vermont and a cross-country trip two weeks apart from each other, I realized that buying a bike on the other side of the country is a great way to save money and spare yourself a lot of slab time. I think next time I am ready to do some riding on West Coast, I will get a good deal on a GS there at the end of the season, and then sell it here in the spring for the same price.
RRVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #3714
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Nothing that I'm aware of.

Do you know if there are any specs showing the dimensions? I'd be in for one if it will hold my Slime compressor kit.

-SM
That's what I'm planning to put in mine; along with a tool kit and tire repair kit and first aid kit.

2012 Stelvio NTX
2010 Bonneville T100
Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #3715
Chuck in Indiana
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
..Do you know if there are any specs showing the dimensions? I'd be in for one if it will hold my Slime compressor kit. ..-SM
I don't think that tool kit is big enough (in the width dimension) for any of the small compressors to fit inside. The dimensions are not shown on this latest posting but they were on an earlier one. Maybe you can go back to the company and request that info.

I used a piece of 6" PVC (the thin wall, green colored stuff), about 15" long on mine. It fits exactly in the available space and holds everything that I need to be carrying, including the small compressor, tire repair kit, battery jumper cables, tools, extra fuel bottle for my stove, etc. I posted pictures on the Guzzi website several months ago.

Edit: The title for that posting, with the pictures, is "Tool Tube -- '12 Stelvio NTX", dated 10/31/2012. My name on the Guzzi websites is "ChuckH".

Chuck in Indiana screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 04:05 AM Reason: Add last paragraph
Chuck in Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #3716
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRVT View Post
They would actually buy you a plane ticket if you were buying a bike from them - http://www.motointernational.com/FlyAndRide.htm. Perfect opportunity to do a cross-country trip and save a few days of boring riding through Mid-West. You could fly there for free, spend 2-3 days riding all those great places in Washington and British Columbia, come back to Seattle for the first service, and then ride the bike home. I'd bet you that would be a great trip. But yeah, one of the biggest selling points of the NTX is the range, plus a lot of farkles are included.

After I did a fly&ride from Wisconsin to Vermont and a cross-country trip two weeks apart from each other, I realized that buying a bike on the other side of the country is a great way to save money and spare yourself a lot of slab time. I think next time I am ready to do some riding on West Coast, I will get a good deal on a GS there at the end of the season, and then sell it here in the spring for the same price.
A buddy of mine did just that last summer. Bought his Norge there. They even did the 600 mile break in for him so we wouldn't have to lose time on our trip. A bunch of us shipped our bikes out to MI and we picked them all up there and started the trip basically from there. Great folks.
1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #3717
Demar39
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchCityBallabio View Post
They even did the 600 mile break in for him so we wouldn't have to lose time on our trip.
I flew to Los Angeles from SFO last October to pick up my Stelvio. The shop put on 90 miles to check it out because they new I had a long ride home. I had 850 miles when I got home. Not as long a ride as some of you.

Pro Italia in Glendale - great shop.

2012 Stelvio NTX
2010 Bonneville T100
Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #3718
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 451
Although I have taken steps to avoid having the aux lights cause me problems I think I'll try a replacement LED set. These look attractive because they do not use the mounting system that broke on Toad's bike (an others ?) and have so little power draw.
http://mondomotos.com/lighting/led

Once I get these mounted I'll offer an opinion.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #3719
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Although I have taken steps to avoid having the aux lights cause me problems I think I'll try a replacement LED set. These look attractive because they do not use the mounting system that broke on Toad's bike (an others ?) and have so little power draw.
http://mondomotos.com/lighting/led

Once I get these mounted I'll offer an opinion.
Good timing as I noticed my left aux light winked out on my way into work on this foggy morning. I just checked and this time the hot lead vibrated apart from the bulb mount. I'll re-solder it tonight and reinforce the attachment point with some heat-shrink tubing, but I think I'll be on the lookout for a LED replacement set soon. The price is certainly right on the ones you found. They're 1/3 the price of the Denali D2's. I'll be very interested in your impression of them once you get them fitted.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #3720
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 9,191
On the subject of lights, does anyone have any crash bar suggestions that don't have the integrated light mounts like the OEM NTX ones?