Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #5611
Trang
... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post

Do these guys carry any Spares/Tools at all?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #5612
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Si le reste de la nuit sera affiché en français pour rendre hommage à l'excellente organisation qui met sur ​​ce rallye??
Old 01-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #5613
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
The syndrome has been around for a number of years (2006 is as far back as I go and can remember... but f5 was a trickle then compared to the torrent we are confronted with today).

But the actual term F5 came about (common ADVRider useage) about the 2009 el'dakaro (IIRC), but really caught on when carlton actually started making reference to the F5 crew in his tweets, and on a few occassions in the Eurosnort broadcasts (2010 & 2011 thereabouts).

It reached fever pitch last year, when teams and other news sources started quoting F5 as a source in their releases... (INSERT absurdity emoticon here )

I'm sure headmaster f5lood or sensei PackMule can cite some more specific examples, but that's about the gist of the whole diseased f5enomenon...
Was there other inmates before Ned who took on Dakar with the AdvRider crazies to help him?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #5614
Tork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
Was there other inmates before Ned who took on Dakar with the AdvRider crazies to help him?
Jonah Street comes to mind . ADV adopted him with the Riff Raff
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #5615
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitr...Bort-greift-an

fast paced (of already seen a 1000 times images) editing, strange soundtrack, 1 minute editing of yesterday stage
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #5616
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Bluebull was tired of the FDA approved medication he was being administered at the hospital and decided to jump back on ADVRider for his F5 fix. He logged onto the f5irehose to escape from the painful reality of his debilitating accident as possible.

Bluebull found the f5irehose largely unattended…. Other than one f5rostbitten reprobate from the northern hemisphere, and a bookworm from outside the big apple, it was almost total peace and quiet.

After rummaging through 60 pages or so, he was finishing off one of doyles informative posts, when someone sends him a PM. He opens it and there, large as life is a photo of a big, hairy bloke done up in his birthday ATGATT . "G’day… name's Eunuch... inmate from around fourty below zero... we’re having a cam party on Sunday during the rest day... thought you'd like an invite…?!."

"Great," says Bluebull, "after 8 days of this shit, I'm ready to get virtual with some of the local f5olks. Thank you."
As Eunuch was about to log off, he pauses… and fires off another PM, "Gotta warn you there's gonna be some drinking."

"Not a problem... say’s BluebullAfter 25 years in the mining game, I can drink with the best of 'em."

Again, Eunuch starts to log off, stops, and send off another PM. "Ummmm… More 'n' likely gonna be some fightin' too."

Damn, Bluebull thinks... some of the JoMomma crowd must be invited ?

"Well, I get along with most people… even BMW riders, so count me in. I'll be there. Thanks again."

Once again Eunuch is about to turn off his ‘puter, when he remembers another item he should probably mention. "I've heard told that there can be some wild cam-sex goin's on at these shin-digs as well from time to time…"

"Now that's not a problem," says Bluebull, "Toxic Brittany animated and live eh…?! Now THAT’s what I’m talkin’ about… Remember I've been laid up in bed with plaster on both legs for eight days… I’ve got some wood a cat couldn’t scratch!!!! I'll definitely be there... by the way, how many contacts should I configure my SKYPE portal to accommodate…?"

Eunuch sends off one final PM… it reads; "Only one… it’s just gonna be the two of us."

Youre insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Or is it an evolution in the Dakar with both machines and riders?

No opinion from me on this, purely an observation - but I am sure there is some opinion out thereby
I think its is a natural evolution, but I am hoping it goes not further than what we saw today. At least they had another longish liaison.

Ive only done the Dos Sertoes rally, which was 4400km long in 10 days, and I can tell that the long liaisons are what take it out of the riders, not so much the specials.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #5617
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,764

"Oh-kay... bone f5¤%-ing dry at 285 km's...

... anysing erlse Helder-san...??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #5618
K2vodka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruncleWill View Post
I can't seem to figure out how to embed a video, but here's a nice one of Robby's endover.
http://vimeo.com/57103964
Just can't help but laugh when I see someone let go of something and it falls to the ceiling and not the floor!
Whatever IT is.

www.GoCoffeeEnergy.com
K2vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #5619
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Quote:
The syndrome has been around for a number of years (2006 is as far back as I go and can remember... but f5 was a trickle then compared to the torrent we are confronted with today).

But the actual term F5 came about (common ADVRider useage) about the 2009 el'dakaro (IIRC), but really caught on when carlton actually started making reference to the F5 crew in his tweets, and on a few occassions in the Eurosnort broadcasts (2010 & 2011 thereabouts).

It reached fever pitch last year, when teams and other news sources started quoting F5 as a source in their releases... (INSERT absurdity emoticon here )

I'm sure headmaster f5lood or sensei PackMule can cite some more specific examples, but that's about the gist of the whole diseased f5enomenon...
I walzed in here in 2009 and can confirm F5 was born that year, because the thread started to really speed up. Even back then it was a wealth of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trang View Post
Do these guys carry any Spares/Tools at all?
Yes they carry tools but very limited spares.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #5620
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2vodka View Post
Just can't help but laugh when I see someone let go of something and it falls to the ceiling and not the floor!
Did you notice the handy roll of duct tape?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #5621
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,438
Quote:
+1

Now its visual information overload,
This

So much video it detracts from F5 duties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
Jonah Street comes to mind . ADV adopted him with the Riff Raff

I can't be the only one wondering if Jonah hadn't of retired if he would have been offered a spot on hrc....when hrc was announced I kept waiting to hear his name announced....ktm adding a rockie (Kurt) to the team...

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #5622
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
Can't forget JMo (& Piglet), lads.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #5623
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,238
Quote:

About it.

Just a bunch of us fans without access or resources before that, bitching about the Speed/OLN 'coverage'. SMS out of Oz was the shit back then.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #5624
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

My friend and rally field observer ends his chase of the Dakar today at Tacna. Thanks Ryan for all your on the ground reports!

Ryan Illingworth (Facebook)

Today we have sadly left the Dakar after 5 amazing days following the race. We have arrived in a city called Tacna which is on the border of Peru and Chile. The competitors have and are busy passing through the border to continue the rally in Chile for a day then they pass into Argentina. The highlight of today was riding a few hundred kms with Riaan Van Niekerk and Darryl Curtis. Wayne and I took turns videoing the scenery and the riders and then the most amazing thing happened - while Wayne was filming, Darryl took his camera and filmed himself and us! Awesome stuff to have a top Dakar competitor having fun with us. Hopefully Wayne will be able to post the video on his blog.
Tomorrow the focus changes completely to relaxed touring and playing tourist tourist. — with Wayne Whiffler.

From Darryl Curtis (Facebook) two hours ago - The Briefing in Arica.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #5625
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
This

So much video it detracts from F5 duties

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
Thursday's main coverages run together for a marathon of VLC-TV