ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,109
They ask, and then give you a little piece of paper to set on the dash if you have a container. I just fill up at home and never have run more than two gallons on a ride.
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
turnsleft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Msr
Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #18
Aquanout OP
Hooliganantic

Oddometer: 748
I'll have two gallons, more or less.
Aquanout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #19
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Sound's like fun

I wish I coule make it, but working this time but working.
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
Aquanout OP
Hooliganantic

Sure think Red, work that's not are daisy water hydrants in a march field by a goat.

What exactly did you mean?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
OK I really need to proof read my posts :)

Let me try again. Sounds like fun, sure wish I could make it but I've got to work. Maybe next time.
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #22
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Good day out, thanks Don and Nigel.

I wish for a couple of things different.

First that I didn't leave my plush goretex sox in my car instead of transferring them to Nigel's luxo Humvee. I had to use Nigel's spare socks and do the mid ride wring out instead.

Second, I wish my camera battery hadn't needed charging, cause I would have taken a pic of said Humvee covered in snow with a 380 KTM riding high and proud in the "bed".

I got one picture on the cellphone. It's a reminder why maybe a green bike is not as good as an orange one at Tahuya.

Right after I took this picture a young hispanic guy came walking up Jones road. We couldn't really communicate well, but he said he'd been walking for three hours and his cellphone had no service. Neither did mine. So, we hauled him about three miles up Jones Road to reunite him with his fellow shrub pickers.

Right after this we found Nigel low on fuel, so we headed back to the truck and did another loop, finishing at dusk. Another shoulda taken picture was Nigel riding the 380 into the Humvee (almost).

I got your ramp at my place, Don. I'll figure out how to get it back to you, maybe this weekend if you're around.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetSideRider View Post
Good day out, thanks Don and Nigel.

I wish for a couple of things different.

First that I didn't leave my plush goretex sox in my car instead of transferring them to Nigel's luxo Humvee. I had to use Nigel's spare socks and do the mid ride wring out instead.

Second, I wish my camera battery hadn't needed charging, cause I would have taken a pic of said Humvee covered in snow with a 380 KTM riding high and proud in the "bed".

I got one picture on the cellphone. It's a reminder why maybe a green bike is not as good as an orange one at Tahuya.

Right after I took this picture a young hispanic guy came walking up Jones road. We couldn't really communicate well, but he said he'd been walking for three hours and his cellphone had no service. Neither did mine. So, we hauled him about three miles up Jones Road to reunite him with his fellow shrub pickers.

Right after this we found Nigel low on fuel, so we headed back to the truck and did another loop, finishing at dusk. Another shoulda taken picture was Nigel riding the 380 into the Humvee (almost).

I got your ramp at my place, Don. I'll figure out how to get it back to you, maybe this weekend if you're around.
Nice work on the shrub picker rescue. How many miles occurred making the 380 perilously low on fuel?
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post
Nice work on the shrub picker rescue. How many miles occurred making the 380 perilously low on fuel?
Under 16, but aqua forgot to fill before leaving the truck. I'd guess he gets less than 20 per gallon though. It's a 430 or something too.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #25
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetSideRider View Post
Under 16, but aqua forgot to fill before leaving the truck. I'd guess he gets less than 20 per gallon though. It's a 430 or something too.
ahhhh, the rush of getting ready and worrying your friends are getting anxious.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #26
Aquanout OP
Hooliganantic

Yeah, and how come I always have a bigger bike, even when I'm riding a small bike?