ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #301
davesupreme
grand poobah
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: palm harbor, fla
Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Waitaminnit. If the car is "totally dominant", then why are there so many issues?

Is it bad luck, or driver error?

Yeah, yeah, go ahead and pile on if you like. I don't have Robby's talent, that's for sure, but even I know that the Dakar is not a sprint, it's an endurance race.
what race you been watchin'?.... it ain't the car, he got cautious on a dune crest, and stuck it on the first stage.... then he went over the wrong one on yesterday, and nosedived.... just bad luck so far.... that car is wicked fast, and i wanna see him prove it again like in #3.....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #302
xr400r
Beastly Adventurer
 
xr400r's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: riding usa
Oddometer: 3,056
someone needs to tell robby that the race is 15 days long, not 1 day long. You can't win it the first day but you can lose it.

did they germans bomb pearl harbor too?
xr400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #303
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer
 
VxZeroKnots's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Durango CO
Oddometer: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr400r View Post
someone needs to tell robby that the race is 15 days long, not 1 day long. You can't win it the first day but you can lose it.

did they germans bomb pearl harbor too?
It's a joke from a shitty movie, and he isn't going full bore, at least not RG destroy the truck full bore. If anything his problems thus far have stemmed from being cautious a la getting stuck on the first day..
__________________
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #304
El Brad
Leave it long on top
 
El Brad's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Oddometer: 445
Thumb Todays stage

1


305MINI

01:49:40- -
2


302MINI

01:51:0300:01:23-
3


315Hummer

01:51:2100:01:41-
__________________
******************
" THE TRUTH IS, IF WE HADN'T DECIDED
TO BE YOUNG FOREVER, WE'D BE OLD "
******************
El Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #305
DA KLIXTER
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Ketchum,Idaho
Oddometer: 581
Are you watching advrider at Work???WTF

CK
__________________
"isn't there an easier trail?"
DA KLIXTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #306
Tork
Pinsetter
 
Tork's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Duvall, WA.
Oddometer: 3,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA KLIXTER View Post
Are you watching advrider at Work???WTF

CK
Sshhhhh
__________________
:ymca
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #307
klatelm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
klatelm's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: hollywood
Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
It's a joke from a shitty movie, and he isn't going full bore, at least not RG destroy the truck full bore. If anything his problems thus far have stemmed from being cautious a la getting stuck on the first day..

a great joke from NOT a shitty movie
klatelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #308
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatelm View Post
a great joke from NOT a shitty movie
We're gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #309
davorallyfan
Commonist
 
davorallyfan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Capitalist
Oddometer: 15,583
Robbie quote.

Everyone thinks I'm the biggest dumb f*kc in this race.

Yes.
__________________
7th Day Adventourist.
Re-incarnated
Terrafied
davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #311
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,029
G'day Miss Liz...!
Long time no see...

Keeping the RG fires stoked I see ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #312
izom
Gnarly Adventurer
 
izom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: LandofArnoldS./Vienna
Oddometer: 300
Thumb

...robbys BACK...again!!

another great vid ! thanx

__________________
03 640 adventure....still lovin it!

82 xr 500 - love those old thumpers

92 XTZ 750 rally style
izom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #313
MsLizVt
pfft ...
 
MsLizVt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Killington, Vermont
Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
G'day Miss Liz...!
Long time no see...

Keeping the RG fires stoked I see ?
Troy, Good to see you!

Can't help but following Robby. You can imagine, out of all the characters and riders and drivers, he's the one that is most easiest for me to relate too.

By the way, I quoted and posted a response to your "... sand darts at Lemans ...." comment. Did you see it?

Enjoy,


Liz
MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #314
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
Troy, Good to see you!

Can't help but following Robby. You can imagine, out of all the characters and riders and drivers, he's the one that is most easiest for me to relate too.

By the way, I quoted and posted a response to your "... sand darts at Lemans ...." comment. Did you see it?

Enjoy,


Liz
Hi Liz

yeah saw your reply... but it was too late (my seeing it) the moment was lost... but I made a note to say hi when I saw you...

Have a great day, today RG has 454 km's to get a full head of steam up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #315
MsLizVt
pfft ...
 
MsLizVt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Killington, Vermont
Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Hi Liz

yeah saw your reply... but it was too late (my seeing it) the moment was lost... but I made a note to say hi when I saw you...

Have a great day, today RG has 454 km's to get a full head of steam up!

I thought the same thing, the audience wasn't paying much attention, and couldn't really relate to that amazing car while everyone was talking about Honda miscalculating gas tank sizes.

He'll do okay. I think he did a lot of navel gazing and pondering in that above photo where he's sitting with his chin in the palm of his hand, looking at his rolled pride and joy. There were a couple of times where I did the same thing, pondering what it'll take to get the car back on the road and how I messed up to get into this situation. You know what I mean.
MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014