ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Anywhereness OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Plastic Welder Reference in SoCal

I am currently traveling across country and into Central/South America and on a tight budget.

Recently I discovered there is a pinhole leak in my KTM 640 LC4 18L tank. A temporary patch will be applied today (one hopes), but wanted to find a more permanent fix in the SoCal area, where I will be spending some time waiting for misc errands to be completed. If anyone has a reference for a reputable plastic welder to service the tank, it would be much appreciated, as I'm hoping to fix the leak and reinforce this area a bit to help mitigate future issues.

Buying a replacement 18L tank is out of the question, as these go used for $250+ and don't even want to know what they are new.

Additionally, does anyone have any insight into what material these tanks are made out of? If I can't be 100% confident in it's composition then some shavings from the mount will need to be used to get material from, which is clearly not as preferred as using virgin material.

Thanks all!

www.anywhereness.org
Anywhereness is offline   Reply With Quote