ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #1291
pieeye
Go Far...Get Lost

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
I would say 50 percent for me Wes, I have never been off my bike so much, and I am glad you didnt have a camera....... But had a blast anyway.
Sounds like my kind of place. Guess I missed a good one! When's the next trip out there?
pieeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #1292
allonsye
("lets go!")

Oddometer: 862
Western NC Riding this w/e

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedog View Post
I'd like to do a weekender. An all day or an overnite would work for me. wouldn't mind doing a route up toward marion or brevard and the waynesville area. If there is enough intrest I'll map out a route wherever, or i'll follow along. dualsport with 50-50 dirt-paved or all street sport-touring is ok by me.
I'm game Augie. I've got no obligations this w/e and trying to get a feel of the area since moving in from VA recently -- be great if you'd map a route. Less dirt than pavement maybe so we can cover more ground in shorter time? I'm in Denver and have the Wee strom at the ready for sat am dep. The GS is still in VA. Overnite possibly in Waynesville area? Day ride fine too. PM me or post up this thread.
06' 650 Vstrom
allonsye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #1293
jeepjeff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
W/E Ride

Augie, I'm in for an overnight or day ride, whatever gets decided. Let me know. Cool.
jeepjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #1294
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 687
Eh? sat overnite ride

I'll lay out a route for a saturday departure from the Mt. Holly area if yau'll want. we can stay some where around waynesville, cherokee area and return around 4 or so on sunday. might try to do a run across thru lawndale down rt 150 to 11, up across cesars head on 276 to the parkway west to 215 back into cherokee area. we can add some side trips depending on the weather and time if we want. I know several good loops off the parkway or 276-215 we can do. so far we have 4 riders for sure, myself on a yamaha fz-1, flasher on a 750 murader, jeep jeff on gs1200 and allonsye on a wee strom. hope some of you others can join in also. just let us know if you would like to join in. it will be a 2 lane lots of switchbacks and curves route with some really good photo opps. how bout we meet at McDonalds on rt 274 between belmont and mt holly at about 9 kickstands up about 930.
augiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #1295
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
I'll lay out a route for a saturday...we meet at McDonalds on rt 274 between belmont and mt holly at about 9 kickstands up about 930.
Totally bummed that I can't join you on the ride this weekend! I will be sitting in a classroom from 8 AM until 5:30 PM on Saturday. (What? They couldn't have scheduled that class on a day with bitterly cold temps and freezing rain?) Hope to get out in the mountains west of Morganton on Sunday and play with my GoPro. Hope you guys have a great ride!

Maps can only lead to conjecture whereas proof is borne in the ride. Numa (2013 AD)
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #1296
wesdawg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieeye View Post
Sounds like my kind of place. Guess I missed a good one! When's the next trip out there?
Pieeye, missed you out there, my bike has changed a little since our last ride. Not sure when the next one will be, possibly this weekend.
Augie, sounds like a good trip, the xt225 is a little out gunned for the road miles, have a great trip.
We have found a lot of great gravel roads and old mining routes on the other side of Brevard, heading up past the fish hatchery near sliding rock. Pisgah area...
wesdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #1297
allonsye
("lets go!")

Oddometer: 862
Quote:
I'll lay out a route for a saturday departure from the Mt. Holly area if yau'll want. we can stay some where around waynesville, cherokee area and return around 4 or so on sunday. might try to do a run across thru lawndale down rt 150 to 11, up across cesars head on 276 to the parkway west to 215 back into cherokee area. we can add some side trips depending on the weather and time if we want. I know several good loops off the parkway or 276-215 we can do. so far we have 4 riders for sure, myself on a yamaha fz-1, flasher on a 750 murader, jeep jeff on gs1200 and allonsye on a wee strom. hope some of you others can join in also. just let us know if you would like to join in. it will be a 2 lane lots of switchbacks and curves route with some really good photo opps. how bout we meet at McDonalds on rt 274 between belmont and mt holly at about 9 kickstands up about 930.
Excellent. Please refresh w/more specific on rendezvous point. I'm not coming up w/the location on the google. Looking forward to meeting.
Paul
06' 650 Vstrom
allonsye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #1298
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
holly sh****t

Quote:
Dude,
Someone must know Pieeye's log in passcode and they are pretending to be him; because I am sure he is "not riding anymore".............hahhhhahahahha...haven't seen him in months.
No seriously I quit work for a few days; let's all look at the 20th-24th for possible riding dates, in or out of town....
but either way it has to be "dirty".
Boike
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1299
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 687
sat ride meeting spot

the McDonalds is located off exit 27 on I-85, going south turn right off exit go about 3 miles to McDonalds on your left. going north turn left off exit go 3.5 miles to McDonalds on your left. It is just before you get to downtown Mt. Holley. gps N 35.17311 W81.1208

augiedog screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 08:58 PM
augiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #1300
pieeye
Go Far...Get Lost

Quote:
Dude,
Someone must know Pieeye's log in passcode and they are pretending to be him; because I am sure he is "not riding anymore".............hahhhhahahahha...haven't seen him in months.
No seriously I quit work for a few days; let's all look at the 20th-24th for possible riding dates, in or out of town....
but either way it has to be "dirty".
Boike
. I guess I deserve that! Hopefully 2013 will prove to be a little more conducive to getting out on a regular basis!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #1301
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
20th

Quote:
. I guess I deserve that! Hopefully 2013 will prove to be a little more conducive to getting out on a regular basis!
OK whatcha got on the 20th?
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #1302
pieeye
Go Far...Get Lost

Quote:
OK whatcha got on the 20th?
Not sure yet. Got a couple of irons in the fire but won't know till later in the week.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #1303
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
Hope all is well with everyone.

Any of you planning on going to Rick's Rendezvous in May?
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #1304
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Hope all is well with everyone.

Any of you planning on going to Rick's Rendezvous in May?
Yeah I'm leading a ride that Friday and probably running sweep for KTM Mike on Saturday.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #1305
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,293
Unfortunately I have to bail on the get-together this month as business requires me to be in Raleigh Wednesday through Friday (and then Sunday I leave for Milwaukee). Everyone have fun and I'll be looking for a dirt ride later in January!

Here's a reminder for y'all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
NEXT MEET-UP IS THURSDAY, JANUARY 17th, 2013 AT HAWTHORNE'S ON 7th ST. AROUND 6 PM FOR MOST FOLKS BUT SHOW UP WHEN YOU CAN!
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote