User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
59DEN OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 751
Israelite Bay - Easter 2013

Want to try your setup for Desert raid 2013 and the CSR, strap on enough fuel for 650km unsupported and come and check this magic bit of coastline. Ride will start from Esperance 30th March at 10 am and finish back in Esperance 1pm 6th April, this will be a steady ride with regulation stops for a cup of tea and a good lunch break and camp set up by 4pm.
Plenty of opurtunity for the fleet footed to have a bit of fun in the dunes and along the beach

This is to give early notice and more details will follow, plenty of chances to a bit of fishing if you have a compact set-up and also to do some swimming.
59DEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,188
Flinder's classic

Got the dates off Trev for the Flinder's classic: 4-8 April

That means I'm out, as I want to leave for Flinder's around the 2nd of April- did it in two days last year and this time round I want a bit more time to look around.

Also- I'll be getting back from my NZ biketrip on the 23rd of march and the boss is not going to take too kindly to me taking time off so soon again, so i won't push it too much

So alas, I'm out and won't be joining you for the trip.

But, I'd be happy to assist you guys if you need a base to work from in Esperance or you need assistance in the time leading upto the 30th (or even the 2nd if you need help along the way)

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
59DEN OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squily View Post
Got the dates off Trev for the Flinder's classic: 4-8 April

That means I'm out, as I want to leave for Flinder's around the 2nd of April- did it in two days last year and this time round I want a bit more time to look around.

Also- I'll be getting back from my NZ biketrip on the 23rd of march and the boss is not going to take too kindly to me taking time off so soon again, so i won't push it too much

So alas, I'm out and won't be joining you for the trip.

But, I'd be happy to assist you guys if you need a base to work from in Esperance or you need assistance in the time leading upto the 30th (or even the 2nd if you need help along the way)
Thank's again for your offer of assistance, if I am in Esperance early I will drop in and say hello, have a good time at the Flinder's Classic, how is your bike running after it's freshen up?
Old 08-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
pzs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Sounds interesting I'll definately have a think about that...again depends on work commitments. never been to WA

Paul

Alice Springs
pzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59DEN View Post
Thank's again for your offer of assistance, if I am in Esperance early I will drop in and say hello, have a good time at the Flinder's Classic, how is your bike running after it's freshen up?
Looking forward to catching up

Bike's going well. Should have done it a long tiime ago

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
59DEN OP
Studly Adventurer

Thumb Reminder

Just a quick reminder for Israelite Bay trip at Easter, if interested, changed the route a bit to take in a couple of tracks that do not get many people travelling along them. In doing this fuel range has been reduced to 450km, making it a bit easier in the amount of fuel to be carried, another change will be the date of departure from Esperance, 31st instead of the 30th of March and we will be back in Esperance early Saturday morning the 6th of April
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #7
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Oddometer: 592
Sounds awesome, I haven't been over that way for thirty years but it left an impression, love the SW of WA and would love to get back over there again one day, especially on a bike.
DR Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
waalex
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
This sounds like a great ride, and I might be able to get some leave for this. How many people are going at this stage? Can you give me a rough idea of the route?
Thanks

2010 Yamaha Tenere
waalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #9
59DEN OP
Studly Adventurer

[QUOTE=waalex;20443117]This sounds like a great ride, and I might be able to get some leave for this. How many people are going at this stage? Can you give me a rough idea of the route?
Thanks[/QUOTE

Hi Alex, no definite starters yet, about 3 riders interested at this point, hoping to drag some of the local riders away from the cappuccino strip, , hey Steve and Rowdy, if not I will be going anyway.
A rough outline of the trip is:
Day 1) Esperance to Israelite Bay
Day 2) 60 km East past Israelite Bay head inland to Balbinya homestead and then onto Booanya Rock.
Day 3) Booanya rock to Balladonia Roadhouse, east along the Eyre Hwy, down to the coast and the Bilbunya Dunes.
Day 4) Bilbunya Dunes back to Israelite Bay via a 100km beach or the Old Telegraph Track, then head to Mount
Ragged,
Day 5) Mount Ragged to Condingup and along the coast to Esperance.

That is a very aprox timetable I expect that you could add another day and late Friday or early Saturday would see us in Esperance.
Hope you can make it, it's still for me the best combination of riding, challenges, history and scenery of all the rides I have done.
Dennis
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Sounds good

G'day Den,

I've just put in for leave over Easter, so touch wood I'll be able to go. Route sounds good, I haven't been to the homestead or the dunes yet

Cheers,

Adrian
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote