Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
McCardigan OP
happy Budda

Oddometer: 2,802
G/day all

Back in the office at the Havelock home for pissed and broke old farts motorcyclists. Now there is a mouthful.

As they say in the Classics, timing is every thing.

Rode down the Molesworth Wednesday afternoon in stunningly good weather, the storms hit that area in the evening, huge winds and lots of rain. Waited in Akaroa for the storms to move north, then returned to Hanmer Springs yesterday afternoon, after they had been through there.

Left this morning and am now sitting on the balcony of the Havelock pub, washing the dust down in a lovely evening sun. The caretaker at the head of the Rainbow where you donate $15 for the privledge of riding your m/c, said it had utterly precipitated yesterday. All the creek crossings were up and running, some quite fast. I walked through the last 2, then walked the bike over, glad I did as I was on my own, and one in particular,(not the last/first crossing) but one back about 4 k's was very fast, and had a hidden hole in the middle, which I walked into, with water just under my crotch!

I promise, (yes dear!) to put some very good photo's after I finish the Molesworth. Should not be a problem now that I'm back on line and I have a lazy day tomorrow, waiting to meet Clint at Picton at Picton, then to tackle the Clarence River vally track which is only opened a few time a year.

Talking of opening ime, the Rainbow now opens on Boxing Day, instead of the 1st of Dec, same as the Molesworth, and nominally closes 30th April

And proud 7th Day Adventourist
McCardigan is offline   Reply With Quote